“Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick”

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SizzleBeef, Apr 27, 2018.

1. “Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick”-Kevin

Such an insightfull question, whats the point in having a complete conversation with someone when we could just give quick demands and responses? They both end in the same place and one is just a lot quicker. So why?

I’ll tell you why, because without engaging in thought and conversation we loose our bonds with other people, which is terrifying. Why do you think solitary confinment is a punishment in prisons? Not having connections with other humans on a somewhat intellectual level takes away any substance to our lives. Saying thank you after recieving 3 meals a day is not enough to keep us sane, and replying K to a multi paragraph text from our mothers will not suffice!

No, our minds need to be stimulated or else we will loose everything. Take the famous book Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury for example, the dystopian soceity described by bradbury has inverted the firemens job from extinguishing fires to starting them, specificaly to burn books. To fill the void of information left by the forever lost books, the government force feeds advertisments and propaganda to citizens via televsion. This results in the citizens not engaging in any real thought, they get everything they need from the television which requires minimal thinking to understand. Because of this, everyones life in this book is empty and meaningless, this is most clear by analyzing Mildred, read the book if your interested.

Im sorry Kevin, although it may save time its not worth it, seeing the world may be fun but what good is it if you cant even understand whats going on? Thinking, really thinking is what gives us meaning, and that is why I love KaW!!! Not the mindless tapping to kill the same epic battle monster over and over again, but the interactions with other players, whether it be pleasent or not so much.

2. I died after the title

3. Facebook was the first step in the desensitization and slow erosion of the human interaction.