Hmm [MGTD]

Talk about anything not directly related to the game.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Hmm [MGTD]

Postby Original_Belladonna on Apr 18 2018, 8:26pm

My Entry Into MGTD Competition

So, I have reconsidered this challenge and thought I would ignite the forum community to get loud and to open up dialogue. My question to the forum community is simple. Why do low effort threads clog up Active Topics when topics aren’t being created in the first place? You have a handful, but more tend to get locked so people can’t post. So what exactly do they “clog” up?

I pose this question for two reasons. The first being my belief that it doesn’t matter what the content of the topic is, it’s supplying the forum community with another topic instead of curbing it to specific and selective areas. It could be about unicorns or Borg, but maybe that interests someone into further discussion. The second reason is more of a question, does having low effort threads eat up space on some server somewhere? Pretty simple. I want to know why people can’t have discussions whether they’re of little interest or not.

On a side note, I want to hear about your best times within the forum community also in addition to your opinion on my question. I’ll gladly post my most memorable favorites in the comments and I hope you all do the same. Funny, angry, witty, carefree, whatever thread you find most appealing, I want to hear about it.

Lets do this KaWmunity. By the way, I didnt post images or gifs because I wanted to keep it simple and colorful, like our wonderful community we have here. Many bright personalities, many not so bright, but all part of the color that we all share. Unless youre colorblind, of course. *Humor*
Original_Belladonna

Re: Hmm [MGTD]

Postby Tzshifter on Apr 18 2018, 8:39pm

Fail
Tzshifter

Postby THE-GUY on Apr 18 2018, 10:36pm

I'm color blind >:(
THE-GUY

Postby _RoG_RebelTenaciousDragon_RoG_ on Apr 19 2018, 5:26am

I just had a seizure reading that last paragraph. Please make this thread the winner!

But yes, too many “low effort” threads keep getting dragged out. Would be great to see someone lock them immediately instead of letting them get dragged out or necro-bumped.

I haven’t had many great times in forums. But I always enjoy reading any that ask questions for the community to answer.

Great thread!
_RoG_RebelTenaciousDragon_RoG_

Postby xXD3mOnXx on Apr 19 2018, 6:38am

Because low effort or high effort is irrelevant. What does matter is:
-Thread sparks discussion
-Subject is relevant
-Thread presents facts
Coloured text, images, gifs all might make the thread look better but they do not make a good thread. Your thread for instance would have been better without the horrible colours. I know a lot of people here like thread creators like AOE, but their threads honestly sucked. Nothing of value there, just random crap made to look nice.
xXD3mOnXx

Postby Athena on Apr 19 2018, 6:55am

Drugs are bad
Athena

Postby ToddStlluvsBacon on Apr 19 2018, 7:42am

xXD3mOnXx wrote:Because low effort or high effort is irrelevant. What does matter is:
-Subject is relevant
-Thread presents facts
Coloured text, images, gifs all might make the thread look better but they do not make a good thread. Your thread for instance would have been better without the horrible colours. I know a lot of people here like thread creators like AOE, but their threads honestly sucked. Nothing of value there, just random crap made to look nice.

It's better then her usual thread ie: take a recent headline then add ..."uhhh duhhh what do you think uhhh duhhhh" ...afterwards

IN B4 LOCK
ToddStlluvsBacon

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Apr 19 2018, 9:08am

Keep the thread on topic/don't derail things please.

One of my favorite moments... I have a lot of fun little story and tidbits, but there's one that's famous enough to not require a bunch of context. This must have been 2011-era.

A random player made a nasty, bypass-filled comment in the forums. Rather than delete it and ban the player from forums, kaw_admin edited it to a screen and a half long novel-esque description of a dark, dreary scene...and then ended it with "I bypassed the filter" or something. I'd offer an ss, but don't have a charger for my old iPod on hand :(

I'm not sure I'd recommend that as a method for dealing with it, but it was definitely pretty hilarious.

Then there's always "we do read the forums, please don't bypass the filter" moment :lol: used to be best of I think, but I can't find it now. That ss is also trapped on an old iPod.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Postby Original_Belladonna on Apr 19 2018, 9:23am

Tzshifter wrote:Fail

Why is it a fail? Can you actually stay on topic for once?
Original_Belladonna

Postby Original_Belladonna on Apr 19 2018, 9:24am

ToddStlluvsBacon wrote:
xXD3mOnXx wrote:Because low effort or high effort is irrelevant. What does matter is:
-Subject is relevant
-Thread presents facts

It's better then her usual thread ie: take a recent headline then add ..."uhhh duhhh what do you think uhhh duhhhh" ...afterwards

IN B4 LOCK

Can you stop trolling every single post I make and stay on topic?
Original_Belladonna

Next

Return to Off Topic