Why is Thrawn locking threads?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So far, I’ve seen this “new mod” lock several threads for some unknown reason or skewed perception of what was “lockable”. I’ve seen him lock more threads than most other mods, besides a couple of others. So, why? What is his reasoning? Could it be because he has this power? Let’s take a look at the banter thread, I can’t post a screenshot, but go check out the banter thread on the last page. He said something about “necrobumping” a dead thread. No one necrobumped (if that’s even a thing) anything. They just replied. Abuse of power right there. It’s visible to all of KaW. :)

But it was a banter thread, and nothing, according to the OP, was considered derailment. So what’s up with this mods blatant abuse of power? I expect this to be locked, so just know anything you say regarding mods or other players, isn’t going to be considered derailment by me, but the mods, specifically Thrawn, might see it as derailment and lock. :)

2. I think 'Venom ' probably cryed to him when the thread got brought back and made people see what a bully he really was.He might have acquired another big stat new account so trying to portray him self as a hotshot legend when really that history belonged to someone else. But me bumping the thread put a damper on his new act thinking now he is running with kaw's big timer's. So he needed that thread to be put out of action a.s.a.p so cryed to his mod friends for moral support.

3. New mods always make a ass of themselves.....this one will be no different

4. I'm so intuitive :))

5. Okie dokie,

For convenience’s sake I shall show the definition of a necrobump below:

The thread in question was last used in March 2017 - we are now in April 2018 so is classified as a necrobump.

The bump by Roni was to prove a point, a point that was shown by the bump and served its purpose immediately after it appeared in active topics. Ergo, the post was successful.

Normally, we will remove posts that necrobump if we get there fast enough which allows the thread to fall down to the depths of the forums whence it came. With multiple messages on said thread (mostly clarifying the point of the bump) it is more time efficient to lock the thread and commemorate it to forum history.

To sum up!

It was a fair enough bump and a fair enough lock.

Whilst it is standard practice to lock this thread at this point (question answered and all) I will leave it open to allow maximum Moody/Thrawn bashing for the next hour or so.

Enjoy!

6. Mod powers corrupt every mod

7. Gr8 b8 m8.

Anyways. Interesting. I didn't know that locking one thread now means I've locked multiple threads over an indeterminate period of time.

I'm assuming you're talking about the thread that had zero activity for over a year, and was then abruptly bumped (necro=dead, bump=bring to the top; necrobump=bring dead thread to top, JSYK) for the purpose of making random accusations and personal insults towards other folks. Yep, locked that.

Complaining about locked threads really belongs in a support ticket--by all means send one in if you deem it necessary. I am happy to have my actions corrected if need be.

8. Ah, I see Moody beat me to an explanation. An hour of bashing sounds good, but keep it appropriate and within ToU please (pm always open, too!).

9. So what harm does necro bumping do?
    If ppl want to comment on an old thread then let them.cant see why they should be locked.

10. Wait......so mods can necrobumb something like an old event eb forum to prove a point but the average player cannot bump a thread that was obviously asked to be left open for EVERY reason, it was impossible to "necrobump" Semzz's thread.The necrobumping rule (even if it is a rule, I've yet to see it in tou or any place else) was created to stop idiot players from bumping every forum they could find to bury forums they didn't like. You wonder why this game suffers as it does? It seems some mods, either out of stupidity or bias do everything they can to squelch any kind of real conversation. It's been an ongoing problem for the last several years, I can only wonder why!

11. yeah fr the thread will die again eventually

12. You’ve locked more than one. Don’t lie.

13. No, commenting on a post to make it active isn’t “necrobumping” and even if he determined it was by his flawed perception, what harm is there in bumping a topic of interest? Necro or not? Your rules for forums are ridiculous and all over the place, generally to fit your narrative. You censor people. All mods are guilty of that.

14. It’s because of you....hehe

15. Probably, but I’m not giving you the satisfaction of being right, maybe it’s just them thinking they can run things the way they want and not expect any repercussions from their actions. A huge amount of the player base has had unwarranted negative treatment by mods, and the mods then say report it to devs, take screenshots. You know what happens? It’s thrown on the back burner and forgotten about. Every. Damn. Time.

16. That's exactly what necrobumping is :roll: The thread was dead, over a year with no activity

17. There is no rule regarding “necrobumping” in the ToU or the forum rules. So how exactly is it lockable?

18. It’s all to do with spamming AT with useless threads with no purpose.

You’ve had over an hour to have your hate towards me. As I’m sure you’re expecting... if you have any complaints about moderator actions then send a ticket. Support are the ones that can unlock threads that are wrongfully locked - now I’ll lock

/lock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.