AR-15s, M240s, M16s, M4s and the Like

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is the actual “need” for this weapon. Don’t give me some coockamamie excuse like government overthrow or home protection either. Give me a concrete reason to why you NEED this weapon.

FYI: Wants are not needs, and entertainment is NOT a need. Anything falling into this description is moot and irrelevant. Carry on with the formidable debate. :)

2. I mean, no one NEEDs it. That's like saying why do you NEED to eat decent food when you could live on 5 cent cans of cat food?

3. Eeeh no,thats not the same thing.

4. I'll give it a shot if you do something for me first...sound like a deal?

Why do you NEED or WANT to know? What business of it is it of yours? What is the purpose of your question? What is your agenda here?

I like how you set the narrative of the question and then what the answer can or can't be.

5. Current 2018 US death toll

Abbortion-137,080
    Tobacco-43,934
    Obesity-38,537
    Medical Error-31,565
    Alcohol-12,553
    Suicide-5,395
    Drunk Driving-4,244
    Poisoning-3,987
    All Drug Abuse-3,139
    Prescription Drugs-1,883
    Murder By Guns-1,443

2/3 of those gun deaths are from suicide

So what’s the problem with owning assault rifles ?

6. This are most commonly found at echo valley. But some are found in Logging camps and some big houses. Did you try the observatory? 

8. Not seeing your point. They are designed for the sole purpose of power. Do most people need guns? No. Do some people, some nations, need guns? Yes. I dont see these being unique though.

9. If you're American, The 2nd amendment states why.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

10. They are war weapons, designed for combat. Rate of fire, velocity, weight are all designed to shoot someone who is shooting at you.

11. We still burned witches in europe when you came up with that law.
    Bring back our rights to burn witches

12. There is no such thing as "Need" when it comes to these things. 99% of material objects are just a want. That being stated, tell me why they don't need these firearms.

I've been on both sides of this debate & firmly stand planted on the side where people are allowed to own them. Why shouldn't they? These firearms that are legal to own civilian wise are semi automatic. Their full auto & three round burst cousins are military issue not cilvian issued.

Realistically, their caliber don't amount to much. It's their classification as a "Assult Rifle" that's giving them their bad name & reputation. Ar 15 for example, .223 round if im not mistaken. Did you know their exists a hunting rifle with the exact same caliber? Wait! This cannot be true, it fires the same rounds but, it's not an "Assult Rifle". It's a "Hunting Rifle".

Why do we need these things? Awnser, we don't. Anymore then we need the newest car or the most popular video game. Should "Assult Rifles" be banned from public use? Hell no, no faster then a pistol should be banned. Realistically, what purpose does it serve? Shotguns & Rifles are hunting weapons. Pistols are for "self defense", same argument the above mentioned weapons can be classified under.

End of point, asking why we "Need" something triggers the opposite effect of "Why don't we need" it. You can't judge a book by its cover anymore then a gun by it's name. In Louisiana, I can take a 12 guage shotgun & cut the barrel down below 24 inches. Throw a pistol grip on it & register it as a handgun. Legally owning a sawed off shotgun. Why? Because now, it's a large caliber pistol rather then a shotgun.

Does this make it right? No, does the way a gun looks or it's caliber make it a "Assult Weapon"? No more then saying you don't take it deer hunting, which by the way is also legal as far as calliber goes.

13. End this debate now or the baby gets it 

14. You have a better chance of dying from obesity than getting killed with a gun.

15. I love a good M6 gutter box 35mm long is my favourite

16. Simple it’s none of your business whether I own a gun or not, like it’s none of my business what you ate this morning

17. Why cant i have live Anthrax stored safely at my home
    I don't need it but why cant i have it made available to me ?

18. Difference is , it's nobody else's decision if you die from obesity
    Doesn't work that way if somebody shoots you
    Be like , running over someone with a truck and saying .... man .. what are the chances of that

19. Technically you can have Anthrax, but it would be advised that you are able to prove why you have it and where it came from. Of course you would also need to be in contact with the LRN, a Government program that is made up of the DoHHS, CDC, FBI, and APHL. Check out the CDC website.

Basically, similar to owning a firearm in places like California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and other more liberally challenged states in the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.