ATA should stop rewarding players for hopping clans.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yogurt, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Unfortunately the only way to compete with b2b premium eb clans is to hop around and catch the end of ebs in different clans. This isn't elegant game design and I don't think it should be the solution. We need a mechanic to replace clan hopping that players can do in their home clans. I can't think of any solutions that wouldn't cut into seal consumption, but i'd like to know if anyone else is worried about this current meta.

Edit: read some comments in this thread before you post a response based solely on the thread title. Its easy to say 'support' or 'no support' but that opinion hardly matters unless you pair it with an explanation of your reasoning.

2. So like... a 30min wait timer in between leaving a clan and applying for the next? (Waived for wars)

3. Make the percent of possible drops you get related to the amount of time you spent in the clan?

Say an eb takes four hours. The people who are in the clan at the start get 100% of normal drops (regardless of when they joined, to account for people who live there and woke up halfway through). A person who joined for the final hour gets 25% of normal drops. Obviously this could be scaled (e.g. cap the min drop at 25% of normal drops) so everyone gets SOMEthing decent, if not amazing.

Maybe increase total drops as well, so hopping CAN be good, but takes more effort.

This would definitely promote sitting in a clan with decent ebs for legends. What it would ruin is hopping to help clans failing their eb, merc'ing would suck.

4. A wait timer would only serve to slow the highest percentile of clan hoppers who activley fight for top spots in lb. It wouldn't do anything to stop normal players, because when you join the eb you're usually there for 30 minutes to an hour anyway and a timer would only serve to annoy players who have other reasons for hopping, like sealing for friends or mercing.

A scale system for drops depending on time spent in clan isnt a very happy solution either, as this only serves to destroy the speed of item aquision rather than replace it. A different approach would be to reward players who started the eb more than someone who joined at the end. For instance, add a few item phases which pay well at the beginning of an eb rather than the end like the goth gem. There is already an item drop cap for ebs, so higher tier players would not benefit from this, so the reward for the beginning of the eb should be a different one. Perhaps a gold drop boost, or aqua/inferno, or even crestplates.

While writing this response I started thinking, what if players who were there at the start of the eb were the only ones elegable for chest drops which did not require nobs to open, and alongside that a more rare drop of a chest key? It would have to be balanced towards clans who do harder ebs than hte, zta, and nk. So primarily t8+ ebs.

5. I actually really like the chest idea. Make players who were there at/near the start have a chance to get a bonus free chest. That would increase the effective drop rate of legend items without altering hit/reward mechanics.

6. Idk how big of a problem this actually is, to be honest.

But. Im also over here thinkin' aren't clan hoppers already losing out on something unbelievably valuable? The sense of camaraderie you have when you know all your bois and can chill out in CC and talk about how your favorite team is losing a big game, or how many dranks you tipped back Saturday night, or how this beautiful young filly keeps smiling at you but you too nervous to ask for her digits.

Ive been in a lot of clans over the years. Ive "met" a ton of people on here, and it's clans like that where maximum efficiency seem to matter a whole lot less.

But, watdyiknow?

7. Thats exactly what i'd like to see preserved. This thread was created in the hopes that I would see other people worried about the lack of commitment or a sense of pride for your home clan. I think that alongside every other reason for why the game is in a decline, the lack of 'nationalism' for lack of a better word is what keeps players from sticking around.

8. Thanks for raising awareness on this issue. I agree totally. I was thinking a good approach to this would be setting a "homeclan" feature where you automatically get a small boost in event drop gains while in your homeclan. This would benefit people who leave for war or hte/nk/zta by not penalyzing them for it with a timeframe based reward system (say x amount of days progressively for drops to increase). It woukd definitely be more fair to the war community

9. Lol no, let people play how they want moron

10. Devs won’t even bother to fix simple and small bugs that can be done in a day, do u think they will even bother bout this? Lol

11. What about the players that merc? They would not be getting much items even tho they saved the clan for saving the eb and possibly put more effort then the clan members? Honestly I just don't see it a problem just leave it like that before devs ruins everything

12. You've offered only one perspective. Hoppers help speed up EBs which would otherwise end later. Their commitment to the game isn't an issue as they are most active when online to sniff out EBs. Moreover, clans not in favour of hopping can always reject the applications from hoppers to join.

13. I’d really like to stay in my home clan and still reach the same rewards as I can when I hop.

Even close to the same would make me happy.

Here’s an idea, have every consecutive eb give a 10% spell to event drops, capping at 50%.
    (This applies to max drops, increasing goth from like 1300 to 1950, for example)

This is not enough to “hurt” mercs, and hopping is still more viable for event LB chasers.

It’s just a nice bonus for home clan potatoes.

14. The quantity of drop depand on what? Cs/ action or plundear?

15. I dont think anyone has figured out an exact formula yet, but I think it mostly depends on plunder. Your cs depends a little too though because with more stats you do more damage to the eb. Using crux chests definitely increases item drops, so plunder plays a much larger role than damage.

16. I'm sure our dear devs would bother to read and listen..

Omg something happening to my nose! It's getting longer......

17. This idea has been bought up 1000+ times in last year alone.

18. In before the lock

19. Easy answer. Don't let the hoppers into the clan unless you need them to help complete the EB

20. Nothing will stop clan hopping if that's how alot of players like to play.