Life. The Long & Short of it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by XxX___Mad_Hatter___XxX, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Evening Forum go'ers! :)

Today, I wanted to ask you to lend a hand,
    If I may. :)

A few friends here & in RL that are feeling a tad down this week :)
    For one reason or another, they're asking upon the meaning of it all.

Who are they & where is their place in it all?.
    Whats their purpose for existing? & what happens after it all?..

This is a thought that crosses most of our minds at one point or another.
    But sometimes our minds ponder this at inopportune moments & can tend to exacerbate this query into a paranoia, making us question our entire existence.

As I pondered on this. I thought to myself "some of the the Kawmmunity may be thinking on the same thing". :)
    And maybe it's at one of those inopportune moments in life.

As such!!
    I thought i'd write a little piece on it in & hopefully have some of these fine folk here in forums facilitate some healthy debate on the subject & maybe ease the minds of some of our fellow gamers who may or may not be having a rough day. :)

So then!

I'll start this off with the problem of birth and death, which puzzles people enormously of course. :D

In order to understand what the self is, one of the most important things you have to remember, is that it doesn’t need to remember anything.

When you die, you’re not going to have to put up with everlasting non-existence, because that’s not an experience.

A lot of people are afraid that when they die, they’re going to be locked up in a dark room forever, and sort of undergo that. Try and imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up. Think about that. Children think about it. It’s one of the great wonders of life.
    What will it be like to go to sleep and never wake up? And if you think long enough about that, something will happen to you. You will find out, among other things, that it will pose the next question to you. What was it like to wake up after having never gone to sleep? That was when you were born.

You see, you can’t have an experience of nothing; nature abhorres a vacuum.
    So after your death, the only thing that can happen is the same experience, or the same sort of experience as when you were born.

In other words, we all know very well that after other people die, other people are born, and they’re all you, only you can only experience it one at a time.
    Everybody is I, you all know you’re you, and wheresoever all being exist throughout all galaxies, it doesn’t make any difference. You are all of them. And when they come into being, that’s you coming into being.

You know that very well, only you don’t have to remember the past in the same way you don’t have to think about how you work your thyroid gland. You don’t have to know how to shine the sun. You just do it, like you breath.

Doesn’t it really astonish you that you are this fantastically complex thing, and that you’re doing all this and you never had any education in how to do it?
    Never learned, but you’re this miracle? Well the point of it is, from a strictly physical, scientific standpoint, this organism is a continuous energy with everything else that’s going on.
    And if I am my foot, I am the sun.

Only we've got this little partial view,
    we've got the idea that "no I'm just something in this body" the ego.

That's a joke.
    The ego is nothing other than the focus of conscious attention, it's like a radar on a ship, the radar on a ship is a troubleshooter. Is there anything in the way? and conscious attention is the designed function of the brain, to scan the environment like a radar does and note for any trouble making changes.
    But if you identify yourself with your troubleshooter, than naturally you define yourself as being in a perpetual state of anxiety. And the moment we cease to identify with the ego and become aware that we are the whole organism - you realize that, as the first thing, how harmonious it all is because your organismis a miracle of harmony- all this thing functioning together.
    Even those corpuscles and creatures that are fighting each other in the bloodstream and eating each other up.
    If they weren't doing that you wouldn't be healthy.

So what is discord at one level if you're being is harmony at a higher level-and you begin to realize that, and you begin to be aware too- that the discords of your life and this discords of people's life which are a fight at one level at a higher level of the universe, are healthy and harmonious.
    & you suddenly realise that everything that you are, and do, is at that level.
    as magneficent and as free of any blemish, as the patterns in waves, the markings in marble, the way a cats moves, and that this world is...really okay.

Can't be anything else, because otherwise it wouldn't be good.
    But the reality underneath physical existence or which really is physical existence, because in my philosophy, there's no difference between the physical and the spiritual- these are absolutely out of date categories-it's all process, it isn't stuff on the one hand or form on the other- it's just- it is pattern- life is pattern.
    It is a dance of energy, so I will never invoke spooky knowledge- that is to say that I've had a private revelation or that I have sensory vibrations going on a plane that you don't have.

Everything is standing right out in the open- it's just a question how you look at it

2. Re: Life. The Long

Uninstall

3. "Ya don't make friends with Salad!"
    "Ya don't make friends with Salad!"

4. Thats all rather abstract. I think ill just keep breathing and eating and maintaining my personal excuse for a life. Ill worry about death when I die.

5. Life is abstract :)

It takes on many forms and has many meanings, the soul purpose of which is to experience, create & perpetuate.

Sometimes we lose sight of our meanings.
    We forget that we can simply accept a rare gift without having to justify our worthiness.
    We complicate the matter by letting ourselves be taken over by a sense of guilt that is neither rational nor logical.

When you look down for so long, that view becomes normal to you, and the reasons to look up fade.
    But even so, that cannot stop you from choosing to look up at the stars, to once again discover their beauty, and remember where you came from.

Where we all came from, and where we will all go back too.
    Worry seems a waste of a moment, when that moment could be filled with a smile or a kiss instead.

It's simply a matter of how you choose to see the moment.
    As the gift it is, or the self made burden you convince yourself it is.

Once you realise that, instead of worrying, you can just throw a tea party and enjoy the moment, nothing seems all that bad anymore :)

The prospect of death just makes one want to cram in as many tea parties as possible, in as many moments as possible ;)

6. Re: Life. The Long

TL;DR I’m just here for the free pizza.

^ my take on life...in short

7. "All things are empty of intrinsic existence and value." -Sunyata

The sooner you learn to confront the void and accept that you are but a insignificant speck in the spectrum then the sooner you'll begin living a life of personal purpose and meaning. Some seek to erect fanciful structures to avoid this confrontation but it is not something to be feared. It is to be embraced fully. Let the your being simply be and realize that. Here is where many refuse to come and either avoid the reality all together, refuse to cope with futility of their being or actively choose to imagine some grander scheme all whilst being petrified of the void. Embrace the void and enjoy the being you have. However you choose.

8. Re: Life. The Long

What a great read