Moral question.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_DesertRose_Wolf_-, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There once was a group of penguins living near the South Pole. These penguins were like every other group, all using the same techniques to hunt and fish, and to escape danger. This group was very successful at survival, from mastering these traditional skills. Their death numbers were low, and fights were rare. One day, along came an old, scarred penguin named Lee Wayne-Osbourne. Lee had been around a long time, fishing and hunting with the others, although he saw better ways to do things that would make things a little easier. He had ideas such as avoiding going onto the floating ice in the middle of the water filled with predators, or use a steep hill to get a good launch into the water. Now, Lee figured he had been around long enough to be able to give some advice to the group. He began spreading word of his new techniques, and many other penguins began using and accepting his tactics. A following began to form. Then, the leaders of the penguins caught wind of Lee's ideas. They began to spread rumors and accuse him of slander. He was shunned and they kept him under constant reminder of why he was wrong to try to change the group's thinking and techniques. He was cast out afloat on ice over the ocean, and was told never to return. Now, his former students were without the encouragement of Lee. They were forced to go back to the more dangerous and tougher way of doing tasks.

Were the leaders right to cast out Lee?

2. Absolutely. Their very fragile ecosystem depends on having the right amount of penguins so as to not overfish, and potentially dooming the colony. Upsetting a delicate ecosystem for an endangered species like that could have all sorts of negative unforseen consequences and in most cases would just be better left alone.

Edit: I feel like your question doesnt have anything to do with penguins, though. My word of advice would be to know what you sign up for and if overstepping your boundaries doesnt work out in your favor dont blame the establishment you agreed to work for, but rather choose to conform or splinter off and do your own thing.

3. No

They are set in their ways and refused to take a loyal members opinion into consideration.

Eventually the others will step out when the dude gets established in another tribe.

The few that keep the old way will die off eventually or hopefully come to accept change.

4. That depends, what do you consider to be right? Is it even an ethical question, or just a pragmatic one? What kind of philosophy do you subscribe to? Do you even care?

5. Seems like alot of penguins could get hurt sliding down the steeper hills....and what about the fish lives? Dont they matter? And those predators would stay hungry and even maybe starve.

Perspectives

6. Time tells a lot changing something may seem easier may seem safer but something behind the corner can prove it's much more dangerous then the known to work way. So without asking anyone pushing your own ways can be seen as risky by any kinda leadership.

Also more dangerous ways is semi hard to Measure the biggest dangerous aren't things staring u in the face but what u don't realize is a danger to start with.

7. Don't let others decide what you think

Just because a penguin has a higher station does not give him the right to dictate the thoughts and opinions of individual penguins

Those with a higher station in life are obliged to reach out to others and help them up and not dictate as if they're better

The old penguin done the right thing by helping others while he had the leg up on the competition

The "leader" is wrong to attempt to undue the works of the old penguin

There are those who want to suppress progress for profit, control and power over others

knowledge is power to those who covet it, but those who give it freely are the real leaders

No penguin can patent his new techniques without permission by submitting to the authority of the leader then begging (application) for permission (registration)

This is a system of suppressing new techniques for power and control

It's the reason why the old penguin was banished because he did not have permission to help others who the leader has deemed unfit or undesirable

They're just useless eaters...

He's correct in his judgement about all of them because after all

They're following him

8. Interesting...

9. He was smart but I wouldn’t call him wise. He went about all of it the wrong way. If he really had the community’s best interest in mind then he should have gone through the proper channels so this change could have been permanent if it was truly better. This penguin hierarchy doesn’t sound much different from our own in a lot of ways. In the end he couldn’t save anyone not even himself. I’ve always said I can play any game if I know the rules and life isn’t much different in that aspect. Sucks to have what most view as incompetent leadership especially when the masses choose to do nothing about it. Which reminds me of the lyrics of a country song my mother used to listen too when she was still here “ life’s a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead sometimes you follow” ️

10. Wrong to cast him out, old leader just jealous

11. Yeah they were wrong lol

12. The detail of this post makes one wonder what it allegorizes. Some thoughts:
    1. Did Lee's teaching or tactics breach their rule of law?
    2. Did Lee's tactics make them soft and therefore less alert/fit to survive? (the post states that they were already very successful/safe)
    3. Was the unity of the group more important than the improvements Lee offered?
    If yes then the leaders were justified in punishing him provided the punishment didnt breach their rule of law. However, the slander cannot be justified as it is an absolute evil.
    If Lee had perfect freedom to express his views in their society and the leaders sent based on their protection of their power, then no, they are not justified.

I get the feeling this post is work related. Your rights generally dont apply when you agree to work for someone. Theres probably a reason why the leaders are the leaders and it is almost always more beneficial to influence with the blessing of the leaders vs in opposition to them. If that is not possible then leave and do your own thing, dont cause problems in someone elses business. They have the right to do it the way they want, even if its not the best.

13. You're right TheCultOfYogurt this story is really nothing to do with penguins.-Cowabunga- is FissonWolf who keeps getting banned from kaw for how vile and evil he spoke to SR-KillerCapone.This story he wrote is just his conscience trying to trick people and say you can all slander me but i am a good person. But really he has brainwashed some people on kaw to think that he is a wise role model in the community and leader.When reality the devil lives within him.

14. Stupid as ever :lol: guess again on who this is dummy, Wolf isn't awake now. Who is tho?? That's for you find out. Anyways, gj on answers y'all. This question is meant to study the psychological trends in KaW. Just give your opinions as you have been, and thanks all for helping contribute! :)

15. -cowabunga- & whereabouts_unknown are fissonwolf .

16. :lol: actually it's Khalifa, but good try :)

17. To prevent stupidity from derailing my thread, /lock

18. Yet you write wall art from khalifa main on your wall acting as if 2 different people how odd.And pasting a thread wrote by fissonwolf also how even more odd.

19. Yes you been rumbled fissonwolf better make a quick getaway.

20. Lock per op request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.