MTV's VMA Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Snoopy, Sep 2, 2017.

1. What's up everyone? As some of the more society following, mainstream loving, and general entertainment junkies may know, MTV's Video Music Awards recently took place. This year had some very interesting performances!

A group of friends and I got into an argument about who had the best performance, and I thought I would carry the argument here to KaW to see if any of you screen nerds had any opinions on the performances.

Personally, I found Logic's 1-800-273-8255 performance specifically touching. It's a great song and the collaboration with Alessia Cara and Khalid really made the song all the much better. Logic is one of my favorite artists currently, and Khalid is a great up and comer, I think he even won the Artist to Watch award this year.

So what was your favorite performance?

2. Can't give opinion on who had the best performance as I only watched logic's performance on YouTube, but I thought his was 10/10. His message at the end of his performance was very strong and really represents what logic is all about and his beliefs and resonates well with the rest of his latest album.

3. Exactly. One of the reasons I like him so much is because he's very real with his ****. I'm talking legit. He isn't afraid to speak out and write songs about problems we are actually facing in society. Very good. Reminds me a bit of how 2Pac was at times.

4. Idc about the stupid vmas cuz no rock or metal artist was g mentions so boooo

5. Vma's definitely are too narrow, they should include more genres

6. Loved Logic's performance. But genuinely angry they cut short Leto's tribute speech to Chester Bennington. Sickening they'd play Katy (sellout) Perry's "Swish Swish shut-the-hell-up Bish" song or whatever it's called, but cut a tribute to a legend of modern day music.

7. Yeah that was a disappointment.

They should expand the genres, however, the most popular genres are the ones represented and I believe that's why they don't have a wider variety of genres.

8. Haven't got around to watching all the performances but I doubt any other can touch Logic's performance. The message of the song and his own at the end were moving.

9. All the performances sucked, MTV SUCKS ...Apple ITunes ruined the music industry

10. Well that was random, on the iTunes point.. but ya know it's cool.