Flying for the 1st time

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -Tristan-, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ...nothing?? :eek:

iPhone

2. @the 3 or 4 people who actually gave me an answer, thanks!

I have my tickets via email, should I print those out? Delta has an app that gives boarding passes on it, should I just get mine there and save myself the trouble??? If I do, do O still check in at the desk or must I do that anyway and simply tell the person behind the desk that I have my boarding pass on the app?

I'll make sure that the only thing I carry in my pockets will be my phone, headphones, ID, and a stick of gum.

3. You can also print your boarding pass/es out at home, usually they let you dothat x hours before you leave (eg, 24h prior). If you need to check a bag, you still have to check in at the desk, but otherwise you can walk straight over to security. I'm not familiar with the app, but I'd assume it functions the same as printing it out at home-I'd check the info section on the app.
    Also, some airlines have self-service terminals for printing boarding passes (quicker than the desk, and only if you don't have a bag to check) near their check-in desk, if that sounds like a better option to you.

If there isn't a huge line at the desk, it might be worthwhile to talk to them anyway to help get a better sense of your airport navigation/experience, but at that point it's a personal choice, not a flat-out recommendation.

4. Stick of gum? Big mistake

5. To many questions.. I've flown once and never will again....

I passed out because I started to panic when taking off.... :(

6. Oh also... Don't go to Dallas or Atlanta airports it's like a small City of trains, busses, stairs, Escalador etc. Their pretty huge airports lmao you'll definitely get lost at those!

7. Get an aisle seat.. when they start serving (selling) the drinks and snacks, stick ur elbow out and the flight attendant's butt will bump into ur elbow..

Not that I've ever been on a plane or anything

8. Well hell... that's where my flight is directly going

9. Why would anyone come to the KaW forums for questions about flying? Reddit, google, anywhere but KaW would give you 10x the info you need 10x quicker. Im sure theres even a number on your ticket you couldve called to get faster better info

10. I'm disappointed we still haven't gotten an update on how the flight went.

11. Dont carry your lotion in your carry on bag, they will confiscate it. Looks like u gonna have to watch movies then 

12. Instead of checking this issues on the relevant authorities and airlines, mate decided to ask KAW forums instead

13. Would rather have real responses like tios and tricks than airline people giving me the runaround

14. Google is your friend, its usually peoples choice over Bing or Yahoo.

15. Flying isn’t all that bad. When you fly into your first stop, you’ll be behind security. Make sure you read the signs and if you don’t know where to go, make sure you ask. When I was in high school, I went to National in Chicago in 2015. My advisor and I wound up getting lost and going outside the security perimeter trying to find where we were supposed to go. We had to literally go through security again to get back in the airport.

Also, no liquids.... if it’s something like contact solution or something you need, they will test it. I didn’t now I had a Dr. Pepper in my bag when I was going through security once and I had to literally open my bag right there so we could get it out.

16. You're safe you chose delta over united! You won't lose any teeth!

17. Flight is tomorrow. Any last minute advice?