Major Life Changes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Armoury, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Hey there fellow forum people.
    (There is a tl;dr at the end if you want)

After spending a long time of ignoring the KaW app on my phone I decided to finally take a look to see what the old community is up to. When I finally opened the app today I decided to search the forums with my username to see if any of my old posts or threads are still up (there are which includes a very old clan recruitment thread that I am surprised to still find in these archives) To my surprise, I found a quote that referenced me from a player I would have never suspected to quote me:

The thing about Kingdoms at War and why I haven't played in a while is that I made a major life decision that caused me to quit almost all of my app games for time and financial reasons. After being in a job that I hated with only an Associate's Degree I decided to go back to school to attain a Bachelor's Degree. The decision was challenging because it required me to sort out my finances and talk to the right people about transferring to a four year university to complete my degree.

At this point in my life I am happy about the direction my career is heading. I am close to completing my degree at this point and I can see the finish line. I've met a lot of nontraditional students along the way with different backstories and have been surprised at the circumstances that lead us to be where we are now. This reflection made me curious about other major life changes that people in the KaW community have made. What major life altering changes have you guys and gals made? What type of obstacles did you face when making those choices? Did the improve your quality of life or taught you a valuable lesson?

I'll go into more depth about my situation as the thread goes on if anyone is curious.

(Sorry for the long wall of text :? . I tend to do this every now and then.)

TL;DR Discuss your major life changes and obstacles you faced making those changes.