Favorite Books (^.^)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lonesong, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Any book by Clive Cussler

2. If we're talking fantasy, recently I really enjoyed The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie.

3. If we're talking fantasy, let's talk about good EE wars ;)

4. The thread is about books unless you've read the book in question or are interested in it why even comment? Seems to me you're just looking for an excuse to hate on the guy. I understand that x_x makes threads that other people don't like or understand. This isn't one of those threads.

5. The Malazan chronicles from Steven Erikson are great. Good storylines, different views, good fights and friendships

6. My favorite fantasy book? Capital: Critique of Political Economy.

Really though I think, as basic as it is, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit. Enjoyable story, good movies, great books

7. Oh boy. I'll have to add to this list. I have tons of books I really enjoyed.

8. LoTR by Tolkien
    Wheel of time series
    Inheritance Cycle (book 5 is coming btw!!!)

9. Dan Simmons - Hyperion

Frank Herbert - Dune

Any series by Edgar Rice Burroughs - Pellucidar, Moon Trilogy, Tarzan, John Carter

Phillip Jose Farmer - Riverworld

10. ...for younger KAWers Chronicles of Narnia is the epitome of fantasy series

11. "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" by Douglas Adams. A trilogy in five parts... It's in the SciFi genre, but it's actually making fun of our present, modern society. Very clever.

I can also recommend Conn Igguldens books about Julius Caesar and Genghis Kahn. Conn is an ex-teacher gone novel writer, so it very close to the (known) truth but still thrilling to read.

12. "Flowers for Algernon"