Introduce Yourself (150+ Profiles)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kasama, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

Hi. I'm Tom. Used to be called wingless_burger_pie when I actively forumed (was most active 2012ish). Nowadays I just contribute the occasional post now and then due to getting busy irl and also changes in forums that I dislike.

Anyway, with regards to the game; I started in dec 2009 when I was a wee noob in WiG but soon left to help Wingless Angels. Since then I've pretty much clan hopped until I found ISS where I have found a great bunch of guys who I'd be happy to stay with for a long time 

I enjoy pvp (not the best at it due to my size but being the annoying little acc who burns everyone's pots is kinda fun ).

Although I don't forum as much, I lurk until I find something interesting to post about so you might see me around ;)

_____

As a side note to op, what's with your constant competition with deadly's thread? These are two very different threads yet you seem to think getting more profiles than him is some sort of achievement? He had to write and upload them himself, whereas people are doing there own ones on this thread. This is a great idea for a thread, but no need for competition, amirite? ;)

2. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

@monstermine2
    Nice stats :)
    Welcome to the thread and Ha en god dag!

@Tom
    I also stumbled across wig when it was still pretty popular back in the day.
    I only mentioned deadly's thread twice (as far as I know of) so the word "constant" seems... incorrect. The first was in op where I wasn't even remotely competitive and the second was in V.1.4's announcement where I shown off slightly :lol:
    These are two different threads, I agree but during the earlier stages of this thread the originality of Introduce Yourself was questioned and compared to Deadly's thread.
    But in some ways these threads are similar i.e with the profile system therefore I think I should be able to compare. Do you disagree that 100+ forumers and their participation on this thread is not an achievement?
    Yes but these intros are slightly more unfiltered and less-biased as opposed to what a well-known forumer thought of you without necessarily knowing you.
    Yes, people are posting their own intros but there's more going on behind the scenes. Quote second post and see ;)
    I appreciate the compliment but I assure you, after the 100 Forumers milestone... There was no competition.

Thanks for your post :)

3. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

Yes, over 100 profiles is certainly an achievement. I appreciate that that is the case, but no, they are not comparable.

The number of people that he can put on his thread is restricted by the number of people that he knows well enough to rate their 'kindness, tolerance, etc...', whereas your thread can have as many profiles as the number of people that read it and post.

This means that your thread could potentially have thousands of profiles, depending on how long it lasts, whilst deadly evidentially won't know thousands of players.

Also, your 'behind the scenes work' is just editing a post to say which page a players profile is on, whereas deadly had to write each and every profile.

So no, to say that it is an achievement to have more profiles on this thread compared to deadly's is not correct.

But again, I do agree that over 125 profiles IS an achievement so well done on that

4. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

Weighing in here, I agree with Tom in that the threads aren't comparable since they do different things.

On this thread people chose to post about themselves.

On deadly's thread it was just all deadly's opinion of specific forumers that he knew of which if you wanted to be apart of you had to request it on the thread and the line was too big for him to even deal with.

This thread however is just a collective place for people to post what they think of themselves and apparently all of us kawrumers are selfish and like to talk to ourselves because you have over 125 of us on your list :lol:

5. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

:lol: So true

Yeah random people that he'd never met who had a post count of 2 were asking to be added. Got a bit much lol

6. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

But...were there any forum posters with a post count of 0 here where this was indeed their first post? But I digress....Carry on.

7. Re: Introduce Yourself (100 Profiles)

opting in with an hour left and spamming xtals is fun

8. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

@tom
    These words say a lot of what you think :lol:
    (Calling you biased)
    I doubt deadly KNEW 77 KaWers well enough to comment on their personalities and really how many times can you say "This guy is pretty chill" :lol:

Is this referring to my thread?
    If so, players posting their first presentations on a thread?
    Scandalous.

Why are we still on this topic anyway?

@Clumzeh
    Don't know how to respond to that...

@wolfie69
    Are you trying to say Forumers with zero posts introducting themselves is correct as opposed to players with more than 100 posts doing it?

@Uranium
    That's the slow period >.>
    gg

9. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

No it's referring to deadly's thread

10. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

I'm biased because I accurately compared the behind the scenes work of the 2 threads? :lol:

I'm far from biased. I don't believe that either thread is better. In fact I mentioned how the two threads are NOT comparable

11. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

^No, you're biased because your wording gave you away.

and I mentioned a similarity (the "Current Number of Profiles" thing)

I don't judge though. I'm really not interested enough on this subject to continue arguing :/

12. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

My wording? The word 'just' means that I'm biased, even after saying they're not comparable (in exactly those words)?

Yeah ok whatever you say :lol:

13. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

Why are you looking for an argument?

I bolded and caps'ed more than "just".

You said something that cancels out your other statements?

gg, good sir. It appears that I've "lost" :lol:

14. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

True Sasuke everyone goes slow so I hope in and take a few quivers and leave.

15. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

Each and every? That's a perfectly reasonable thing to say lol

16. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

@Kasama

Nope,I don't feel there's any difference between 1 post or 1000 posts other than experience with forums.everyone has to start with that first post at some point which makes them a forumer.the only question involved is novice or veteran.

17. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

pmub

18. Re: Introduce Yourself (125 Profiles)

Hay my name in rain-nilelion-bow ( to lazy to type my name

I was once called nilelion or just simply Nile but due to clan tag I'm not almost to always being called rain which sometimes annoys me

I use to be in very very old clans I mean many many clans
    My first clan was called oracle
    Then I moved to kingdom guardians ( owner now made another clan called 'little shops of horrors ')

Been wth them for about 2-3 months maybe more but don't remember exactly

From there I've gone to thrive then to strive then to paradox SG titanz ( don't remember was a very big friendly group back then )

Since I left the game I came back like about some months ago ( sept 2015 ) and got stuck to it once again
    Stayed with many amazing family clans got lots of help to grow and now here I am

And now about me

I'm a good bad person can't really judge much
    I love to be sporty ( football ,basket ball , athletics , volleyball , rugby . etc name it I love to play sports )

And I'm middle aged 20 30-
    Live in Arab states and my hobby ( kaw , sport )

Types of music I like to listen somethings are the gentle instrumentals or the slow songs

But if I'm out of my mind I listen to rock songs that make no sense what so ever

Don't really know what else to add on here soo.
    Yea .

~Nile .

19. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

Just a eb fairy

20. Re: Introduce Yourself (125+ Profiles)

Debating and arguing are different, but you tend to interpret things your own way, and get a bit defensive.

This thread is unique in its allowing players to write their own profile, and easing the job for you. All you need to do is link the player in the OP, and bam! You have an active thread featuring the greatest thing that forumers love discussing and seeing. Themselves.

Calling someone biased because their opinion differs from yours is weak sauce. Tom loves to debate. You judge all the time. Seems like this would be good.

You should debate him.