Día de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aries, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Lol looks like you people took jedi's comment the wrong way

2. I think they took Jedi's comment in exactly the way Jedi meant it.

They can have a dual identity. Mexican-American, Chinese-American, whatever. It doesn't disrespect anyone who gave their life for the USA.

3. Can I be a human American or will that be wrong too?

4. I am American but I love día de los muertos :) I learned about it in Spanish. It is very interesting

5. Hispanic (from Texas) Here :D great thread Honcho! :D Dia de los muertos still amazes me to this day

6. Da DE Los Muertos has many intriguing ceremonies that occur throughout the day. It's very interesting and I would recommend learning a little about it. If you do the whole learn something new everyday.

7. Typically I just go with the whole "Citizen of the World" thing. Everyone and every culture should be understood and appreciated and experienced. Don't tie yourself to a particular spot of dirt.

8. Día de Los Muertos*

9. It's just another cool holiday to party and get wasted so its cool cool with me

10. Interesting read Honcho,

@Jedi, you 'ight m8? :D

11. I don't celebrate any special holidays besides like Christmas but I know about the day of the dead it don't know that's what's family's did tho

12. It's also very big in San Antonio

13. Seeing the threads been a little attention bump, now I'm also surprised others celebrate similar things to what I do.

14. I spy gansitos :eek:

15. Is that an obama bobblehead

16. I just want to say… Day of the Dead is not in any way the Mexican version of halloween.

Also, we are doing altars in Spanish. It's kinda fun. 

17. October 31st? You must not really know Mexico at all. It's only November 2nd that is called Día de los Muertos. November 1st is only used to commemorate the dead children though. October 31st isn't part of the celebration of the day of the dead.