thoughts on caster semenya

Talk about anything not directly related to the game.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: thoughts on caster semenya

Postby LMABAO on May 6 2019, 8:50am

RM_SPARKIE_RM wrote:Why post this on a war game really 

When forums were active off topics like this would pop up every now and then and were pretty busy. There's no rule against posting on this subject.
LMABAO

Postby llllllRoB-ll-_-ll-SToMPllllll on May 6 2019, 10:41am

I think it's all in her ​, a statement I never thought I'd state.
llllllRoB-ll-_-ll-SToMPllllll

Postby AC__ShadowWraith__AC on May 8 2019, 6:41am

Hmm my post on here somehow vanished. Doesnt really matter what he or she is; if they deem male most likely lose past medals/records.

If deemed female, will add more fuel to gender confusion
AC__ShadowWraith__AC

Postby Hedwig on May 10 2019, 6:38am

AC__ShadowWraith__AC wrote:Hmm my post on here somehow vanished. Doesnt really matter what he or she is; if they deem male most likely lose past medals/records.

If deemed female, will add more fuel to gender confusion

She has been deemed intersex. Please read.
Hedwig

Postby _Sinan_ on May 10 2019, 1:26pm

Olympics and pro sports need to assign gender by chromosomes. If not XX they should compete in men’s divisions.

If XX let them compete in female divisions. It’s science and it’s simple. Solves all but maybe .0000001 of the population. Let any such outliers appeal.
_Sinan_

Postby Kezzer on May 10 2019, 1:46pm

Meiska wrote:Simple have the internal testis removed. There now she is a girl as she thought she was her whole life.

Remove the testis and sure they have no male ​ left, however you can't change the fact they have XY chromosomes. That will cause the body to develop differently and as they are an adult they will have grown up to have the male muscular strength and speed. Simply removing testis doesn't change that. I feel so sorry for the way this has been dealt with as news that shocking being made public before you can fully process it yourself sucks.
I hope they will continue to compete even if it means they need to compete in the male category.
Kezzer

Postby unstoppableTIGER on May 11 2019, 3:43am

Trans atheletes i realize is different from intersex

Afheletes who are trans on the one hand do undergo hormone therapy Thus their testosterone or estrogen levels are in line with their female and male counterparts

But on the other hand, many trans women transition as teens or young adults and their bodies may have advantages due to developmental changes which incorporated testosterone which is why many advocate hormone therapy for children once they identify as trans. Personally I feel hesitant to allow a child to make such a decision until they can understand the ramifications of such a choice. This is a whole other topic that is way more controversial that I wouldn’t want to discuss here

I’m not sure about the use of identification based on chromosome because intersex individuals are a blending of genders though their chromosome may point to one particular gender. I think chromosome can be a starting point for identification as male and female.

The removal of testes is interesting option but I think I should be optional - just bad on optics to say you need surgery under to compete.
unstoppableTIGER

Postby IlIlIlNIAlHIMlAIHlKlAlHlNlIllI on May 15 2019, 4:07am

THE TRUE AND ONLY CORRECT WAY OF DEFINING GENDER IN OUR MODERN WORLD OF IDIOTS IS...

CAN IT GIVE BIRTH?

IF YES... ITS A WOMAN... ANYTHING ELSE ITS A DUDE... OR A DUDE IN CHICS CLOTHING
IlIlIlNIAlHIMlAIHlKlAlHlNlIllI

Postby LMABAO on May 15 2019, 3:18pm

What about women who can't get pregnant or give birth due to whatever medical condition they have? Guess they must be men now.
LMABAO

Postby IlIlIlNIAlHIMlAIHlKlAlHlNlIllI on May 15 2019, 5:24pm

LMABAO wrote:What about women who can't get pregnant or give birth due to whatever medical condition they have? Guess they must be men now.

Women with health conditions and cant have children were still born with baby making plumbing. This deems them real women.
IlIlIlNIAlHIMlAIHlKlAlHlNlIllI

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic