A rather HOT topic

Talk about anything not directly related to the game.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

A rather HOT topic

Postby MerlinsApple on Jan 10 2019, 4:09pm

Good afternoon everyone!

This thread is going to be rather short, and to the point. I have a background in environmental issues due to where I live and past experiences over the course of my life. At the heart of these environmental issues I, along with many others, have perceived a rising threat to our planet in the form of climate change via human-induced global warming. While there are indeed significant amounts of data indicating human-induced warming there is still a good portion of the general public that refutes this notion.

How do you personally feel about this? Do you see climate change as a pressing issue, or is it not even a issue at all? If you do think it is a threat, how do you personally alter your everyday behaviors to attempt to mitigate your footprint? If you think this is just stupid and a “Hoax created by the Chinese” please support your opinions! What about human-induced warming causes you doubt?

Upon reading this if you feel something upon reading it share that! KaW is a community of many unique and multi-faceted players, let’s hear from as many different angles as possible!

Happy discussing everyone and please, please try to keep this civil! I will be chiming in then and now to try to facilitate more discussion.
MerlinsApple
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Oct 14 2015, 3:53pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby ibaski420 on Jan 10 2019, 4:53pm

It’s 60 % 9 days after christmas, climate change is real and they don’t want us to know they have control
ibaski420
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 8 2011, 8:02am

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby WAR-Rogue-RAW on Jan 10 2019, 6:14pm

It's the baptism by fire!
WAR-Rogue-RAW
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Aug 2 2014, 2:41pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby StealthGoat on Jan 10 2019, 10:33pm

I’m disappointed in this climate change stuff, I want it to be warmer outside and it’s not. What can I do to increase my footprint?
StealthGoat
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 14 2013, 4:08pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby Willy_Ebenezer-McFearsome on Jan 11 2019, 4:29am

MerlinsApple wrote:I have a background in environmental issues due to where I live and past experiences over the course of my life. At the heart of these environmental issues I, along with many others, have perceived a rising threat to our planet in the form of climate change via human-induced global warming. While there are indeed significant amounts of data indicating human-induced warming there is still a good portion of the general public that refutes this notion.

How do you personally feel about this? Do you see climate change as a pressing issue, or is it not even a issue at all? If you do think it is a threat, how do you personally alter your everyday behaviors to attempt to mitigate your footprint? If you think this is just stupid and a “Hoax created by the Chinese” please support your opinions! What about human-induced warming causes you doubt?



This reminds me of those Holiday Inn Express commercials where the person makes a statement, or gives advice, is then asked if they’re a professional in the subject matter and they say “No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...”

You should support your own opinion before asking anyone else to support theirs.

How does where you live give you experience in climate change?

Isn’t climate change affecting the earth as a whole?

What makes you an authority on the topic?

What specific data supports your opinion? Is it peer reviewed? Does it selectively use limited data to support its claims?


This topic has become a religion. It’s rammed down our throats and expected to be taken as gospel. Then when questions about the validity arise, immediately the disciples take offense, ignore questions of validity and lash out.

I hate to break it to you, but this doesn’t bring about a positive change. It simply draws a line in the sand and isolates the progress you believe needs to take place. It doesn’t set the conversation up for developing solutions that won’t disrupt the daily lives of people and their governments.

Earlier this week I asked a potential new client how much revenue they did last year. He answered $35,000 US. I then asked them what the goal for 2019 is. His answer, $75,000 and 15 new agents on the team. Finally I asked what was he going to do differently to achieve that goal? He had no real answer for me. At the end of the conversation he agreed, he could expect the same results by continuing with the same approach of growing his business.

The point is, change your approach if you’re interested in solutions.

And just so you know, yesterday I woke up and it was raining, today I woke up and it wasn’t, tomorrow I’ll be at Harvard to review my findings...
Willy_Ebenezer-McFearsome
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 9 2017, 9:24pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby Grave on Jan 11 2019, 8:57am

StealthGoat wrote:I’m disappointed in this climate change stuff, I want it to be warmer outside and it’s not. What can I do to increase my footprint?



As long as you're fine with a good portion of 1.5 billion climate refugees from some of the poorest parts of the world coming too your country aswell.
Grave
 
Posts: 2055
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby Venom on Jan 11 2019, 9:18am

Your mom is a rather hot topic.
Venom
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Jul 16 2014, 2:16am

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby liilil--CHEWY--llilii on Jan 11 2019, 1:51pm

climate change is real but it has very little to do with what humans are doing.
liilil--CHEWY--llilii
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mar 6 2013, 2:05pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby WashedUp on Jan 11 2019, 2:07pm

liilil--CHEWY--llilii wrote:climate change is real but it has very little to do with what humans are doing.


Where are your sources for this?
Show yours and I’ll gladly bring mine proving to you human’s are the #1 cause of global warming / climate change. Whatever you want to call it, we created it.

The fossil fuel industry, fracking, CO2 emmissions for the meat industry alone is destroying our planet.
You’re telling me something other than humans created these issues?
WashedUp
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Apr 30 2018, 8:25pm

Re: A rather HOT topic

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Jan 11 2019, 4:34pm

WashedUp wrote:
liilil--CHEWY--llilii wrote:climate change is real but it has very little to do with what humans are doing.


Where are your sources for this?
Show yours and I’ll gladly bring mine proving to you human’s are the #1 cause of global warming / climate change. Whatever you want to call it, we created it.

The fossil fuel industry, fracking, CO2 emmissions for the meat industry alone is destroying our planet.
You’re telling me something other than humans created these issues?


And you think that anything you protest about will change it ?

Europe and the Middle East put out way more pollution than the US......nobody there regulates it. So while you get on your knees for France and their environment accord, remember this.....pretty much ALL their cars are deasil. Nobody in Europe is changing their foot print and the most pollution is coming from their. So go Al Gore somewhere else.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2428
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests