Updates to "The Cull" PvP Portion [Updated again, Oct 29th]

Wars, Contests, Events all run by the community team.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Updates to "The Cull" PvP Portion [Updated again, Oct 29th]

Postby [ATA]Winston on Oct 25 2018, 11:25am

Updates to "The Cull" PvP

Hey everyone,

We've made a few changes to the PvP part of the event. I understand this was far from a smooth launch, and do apologize for the amount of hiccups. We will try to make more time for new types of events to get the bugs sorted out, and will look into improving existing events that seem popular.

Changes to the current event:

- Pure spies have been changed so they can be killed now
- The single scout/assassinate issue that was affecting certain builds has been fixed
- Players who are likely alts being used to exploit the event have been prevented from placing on the leaderboard
- The leaderboard was modified to remove all players we felt were using alts to specifically exploit the event

Feedback

Finally, we may consider other changes during the event if we feel it would help balance the event out more. Our goal is to have a fun and exciting event that all players can enjoy, and that also has desired rewards, as that has been something we have received a lot of feedback from. As always, we welcome feedback, constructive criticisms, and would like to hear if there are still any bugs.

Battle List Updates

We've made some updates to how the Battle List acts during a PvP Blitz. From now on, players who opt in to both Hunters vs Werewolves AND the weekend PvP Blitz will only see the Hunter vs Werewolves battle list so long as they have either a Mark of the Hunter or Mark of the Werewolf active. If neither of those items are active, players will see the PvP Blitz battle list.

Further Updates - Oct 29th

"As the moons intensity increases, the power of the Werewolves builds. Hunters are finding it more challenging to keep them at bay. Will the Lycoan take over KaW or will the Hunters succeed in protecting everyone?"

Updates:
- Werewolves now have a dead timer of just 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes.
- Werewolves also receive a 20% stat boost to all stats
- They will still be shown targets on their battle-list as if they did not have the 20% stat boost

We hope these changes bring more Werewolves into the fray! Please let me know if these changes are positive ones :)
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

Re: Updates to "The Cull" PvP Portion

Postby Bachkeda on Oct 25 2018, 11:34am

Great work. Now how about giving us s7?
Bachkeda

Postby _-l-Drake-l-_ on Oct 25 2018, 1:17pm

I’m confused as to why I can’t see anyone on my battle list but get blasted by others that can see me? Am I missing something?
_-l-Drake-l-_

Postby Green-Echo4Legend on Oct 25 2018, 1:33pm

This is actually exciting news. Hopefully this weekend I can clear some of my schedule to give it a try. I was skeptical at first but nice to see effort again!
Green-Echo4Legend

Postby GetPlowed on Oct 25 2018, 1:43pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:

- Players who are likely alts being used to exploit the event have been prevented from placing on the leaderboard
- The leaderboard was modified to remove all players we felt were using alts to specifically exploit the event

Sooo are we just gonna ignore the 2.5mcs who's currently leading the lb by a significant margin with obviously transferred stacks?
GetPlowed

Postby LadyTyphoid on Oct 25 2018, 2:09pm

What about the battle list problems?
LadyTyphoid

Postby ambermoon on Oct 25 2018, 2:15pm

The mark of the hunter/werewolf is currently in the showcase under “ALL”...that’s a lot of scrolling depending on the showcase. Any reason it can’t be on their profile under active spells? Would be much more convenient.
ambermoon

Postby Tweets on Oct 25 2018, 2:50pm

I think you should bring back something similar that you had planned around a year ago, where everyone had to take part in a pvp event, in order to recieve certain awards. Those that wanted to fairy had a chance to opt out. But it was very fun and encouraged a lot more PVP. :)

I would really like to see something like that again or a team one as that was a very fun event!
Tweets

Postby -sj_regni_de_infernum_69- on Oct 25 2018, 3:50pm

GetPlowed wrote:
[ATA]Winston wrote:

Sooo are we just gonna ignore the 2.5mcs who's currently leading the lb by a significant margin with obviously transferred stacks?

Well I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to your inquiry. Nothing will be done

Happy...whatever 
-sj_regni_de_infernum_69-

Postby TheWolfOfKaWStreet on Oct 25 2018, 4:49pm

I'm curious how is Wuji being first place illegitimate? I'm a bit lost as to the mechanics of this event.
TheWolfOfKaWStreet

Next

Return to Events