The Vigonian Letter

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATABruce, Feb 28, 2018.

1. The Vigonian Letter Legends

You have discovered that a vast and powerful empire may be planning an attack on your kingdom!

You and your retinue head to your territories in the Abyss to seek answers...

This event consists of a primary Legend available immediately as well three side-Legends that will unlock over the course of the next two weeks. You have to complete your previous side-Legend before unlocking the next one.

This event will be available from Wednesday, February 28th until Wednesday, March 14th at 1:00 PM PT.

Exclusive Furnishings

Furnishings exclusive to The Vigonian Letter will be available in the Furnishings Shop, the Ptelyrios Box, and the Royal Ptelyrios Box.

2. Ooh! Snazzy

3. Oh my god, the jellyfish are the chandelier. That's amazing, I love it

Stormruler likes this.
  4. Can you fix the 10 year loading time and actually push some market advertising  to quote what demon said, there’s only what? 2k people left?

5. Anyone find it weird how quickly the new event came out?
    The second the last event finished this new one popped up. The fastest KaW has ever been was for a new event

6. Events have started like that fairly frequently. I like it, no mass drop in game activity. Also I like getting drops :lol:

7. Uglyyyyyy

8. Bruce lurking, give us an answer, at least provide us a roadmap for future of kaw.

10. Roadmaps are the worst. Remember that one we did in 2014? Devs didn't even follow it.

11. At least answer my other questions, is there a future left for kaw? Will there be advertising to attract new players? Will loading times not take 3 years? Will there be a wider range of different legends? Will the tutorial get the revamp because it puts of new players. Can we get an update on graphics for kaw?

12. In the interest of staying on topic I will give you a series of quick and honest answers:

1. Is there a future left for kaw?
    Yes. As long as there is a good group of people playing and supporting us we will continue to support KaW. People have been claiming KaW is dying every week of the 5 years I have worked on it. It's true that some people leave, but enough new and returning players come back that KaW is very much stable. It's unlikely to break the top charts these days, but that's OK.

2. Will there be advertising to attract new players?
    No. There are some very specific reasons why advertising does not work very well for KaW. I have gone into it in other threads and will not be doing that again here, but the tl;dr is that the mobile games market has changed greatly over the last decade and even if we are successful in getting people to download the game not enough people stick around to make it worth it. This is partly because we are competing with newer games that have easier to understand mechanics and it takes a while to dig into the meat of KaW and really discover how friggin awesome it is. Attention spans these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Will loading times not take 3 years?
    The devs are aware of this. It's not an easy fix but your feedback is not falling on deaf ears.

4. Will there be a wider range of different legends?
    Sure, what sort of Legends would you like to see?

5. Will the tutorial get the revamp because it puts of new players.
    Not likely. A tutorial is not a silver bullet. The core of the game is way more hardcore than many other games out there making it more difficult to understand. It doesn't make sense to change the core gameplay of KaW at this point.

6. Can we get an update on graphics for kaw?
    The closest thing to graphical updates KaW will receive are visual redesigns like chat/walls/etc and new features like Legends and Furnishings. There won't be any crazy 3D battles added any time soon because the base tech of the game cannot support it.

<3

13. Thank you for your honesty, I hope we can bring back kaw again as we have a strong community, one flaw is you devs lack communication, other then that i have no problem so far.

Ps: I cry every time in Heckfire feedback to bring back grant.

14. As for legends, maybe a different set of legends for the players with ‘newbie spell’ to boost them greatly to help cope with growth and economic kaw issues, once spell uplifts they fall into the standard events, also, new banner event doesn’t sound like a bad idea right now :)

15. I want Grant back too! We will try and be better with communication. We are in the process of finding more people for the KaW team and once we do we should have more time to shoot the **** :)

This is something that could maybe happen!

16. Will there likely be a banner event also? Think there should be more diversity with banners!

Also, with the help of building tokens, it’s still not enough to bridge the gap of growth between spenders and non spenders, another reason why it’s off putting for new players because it’s still difficult to grow and compete with the other players!

17. I like your style, Bruce. It’s just game to me and your memes and sarcasm make me smile.

The slow login is really annoying, but as long as someone knows/cares than I don’t mind waiting on a fix.

Legends do not need to be like the events of yester-year. Not all of them atleast.
    A few that showed up randomly would be neat imo.

A few examples could be:

1:name-peeper
    time 15mins-
    successfully scout a devolper!(or someone with a peeping Tom badge)
    Reward: the peeping time badge.

2:name- the archaic way.
    time 2 hours-
    Do thirty quests!
    Reward:1 nob.

18. We can do more banners in the future. I wasn't involved but I liked what the team did for the Halloween event last year. Non-conventional, cool looking symbols instead of literal banners.

Yeah more surprise Legends would be cool.

19. Could we also have another inventory clean up? A lot of junk needs to go Bruce!

20. I just want a new banner Jesus. It’s almost been a year since new ones have been released aside from the Halloween event which are just for show.