[UPDATED] Upcoming Event Details!

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Charlie, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Updated 4/7

Hey everyone,

We've run into a few things blocking us from getting this event out today, so we're going to be postponing this one until a late date. In the meantime we'll be looking at getting another event out in its place so stay tuned!

Hey everyone! It’s me, your friendly neighbourhood Charlie.

I thought I would give you guys a sneak peek to the next hunt that’s coming out very soon! Full event details will come in the event post.

General Breakdown

Standard hunt: collecting items from EBs (dropping a little bit more then usual!), fixed reward tiers, top 100 leaderboard. *BUTTTTTTTT* Collection Items are *STEALABLE*

Items will be primarily generated from taking down Epic Battles. You can generate a small number of items some of the time for attacking someone else, but mostly any items gained will be stolen from that player. Farming inactives will not be a very viable strategy if you want to do well or be feared!

!!!!!!

Prepare for this how you will. The event will be launching Friday!

You will have a chance to Opt out before the event starts. Rewards are different for players who are opted in vs opted out (check bottom of this post for a quick reference)

Mechanics

Everyone will be auto opted in. But! At any point, you may opt out. If you choose to do so, you cannot re-opt-in. Once you’re out, you’re out.

We encourage you to try it all out and if you find you don’t like it, then opt-out after.

You can “bank” some event progress everyday that will become safe and unstealable.

Subsequent attacks on the same player will trigger/improve a protection spell on them making it less rewarding to steal from them until the timer on it wears off. Think of it like a ramping up Estoc’s Edge but instead shields your things (for only a short time) if you're getting beat up real bad.

There are castable spells that change the way you will interact with other players during the event!

These spells do things like: Make you more powerful when stealing from other players, better at defending your items, chances to trigger effects, or be able to defend your friends or make your enemies unable to steal!

Also!

There is a spell you can use once a day to help protect all your things for 8 hours. But you also can’t steal during this time.

A post with more details will be coming out closer to the event launch! So keep your eyes out for that.

Rewards

If you stay opted in: You will be working towards new and powerful Mainhand equipment + some other wicked rewards!

If you opt out: You can still earn great rewards but the amount of work (items required) will be larger as well there are some exclusive rewards to those who stay opted in.

Shoutout

The design for this was greatly inspired by a post by Sean893 as well as your feedback.(viewtopic.php?f=18&t=182390). So shout out to Sean893. And shout out to mods for being a great source of early feedback. We want to do something different and have some fun together.

2. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Luv it

3. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

What if I like to sleep for more then 8 hrs :p

Thrawn likes this.
  4. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Tfw devs actually listen to a suggestion  and quick question what will stop players from constantly casting that protect spell is there a cool down of some sort

5. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Making kaw interesting, I like it.

Keep it up

Ps do I get a quick reward for endorsing your announcement?

6. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

There is a cooldown, only once every 24 hours!

7. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

I'm impressed with the quick progress!

8. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Finally!!

9. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Ty 

10. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Well done, Fair promo geared towards pushing PvP like players have countlessly requested

11. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

L8ke it but now fix the hit ratio

12. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Lol

13. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Will there be ee event?

14. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

I'm glad i was able to help with the early feedback :) Will be interesting to see how the event goes and what strategies will be around.

15. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

This is not cool for those middles who saving trillions golds for next building upgrade

16. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

So another attempt to force everyone into pvp,you had better hire some xtra ticket handlers

17. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Opt out noob lol

See above

18. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Methinks you didn't read the post. Or had selective reading because the point of this post is to give people a heads up so they can OPT OUT of the pvp portion.

19. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

Charlie doesn't know what sleep is, so neither will you!

20. Re: Upcoming Event Details!

How long will this event run for ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.