[ENDED] Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Update 3/26/2014
    Health Crystals being returned and the Beta Tester achievement being given out will likely not happen until tomorrow. Thank you for helping test during these wars today, as well as for your patience :)
    ______

Another week of Chaos Wars is upon us. While there won’t be any wars scheduled during Monday or Tuesday this week, we’ll be starting things off on Wednesday with two Test Wars. We'll also be resetting Prestige with this change.

Players participating in these Test Wars will receive the Beta Tester achievement as well as a have their Crystals used during the Wars returned. (Note: The Achievement and crystal returns won't happen immediately after the Test Wars, so please remain patient until they are sent out)

We’ll also be bringing out a brand new war type (7-9 minute advantage) as well as making a few changes to the schedule based on feedback. We will evaluate the performance of these wars over the week, and use our findings to help schedule future wars.

WEDNESDAY

Test War #1
    Duration: 60 Minutes
    Type: Advantage
    KO: 7 to 9 minutes (you can come out 2 minutes early)
    Health Crystals: 1 (Crystals used will be returned)
    Hit Restrictions: ON
    Roster Size: 11
    PDT - Wednesday - 1pm
    EDT - Wednesday - 4pm
    GMT - Wednesday - 8pm
    SGT - Thursday - 4am

Test War #2
    KO: 7 to 13 minutes (you can come out 6 minutes early)
    Health Crystals: 1 (Crystals used will be returned)
    PDT - Wednesday - 7pm
    EDT - Wednesday - 10pm
    GMT - Thursday - 2am
    SGT - Thursday - 10am

THURSDAY

War #1
    Type: Random
    KO: 7 to 13 minutes
    Health Crystals: 1
    PDT - Thursday - 12am
    EDT - Thursday - 3am
    GMT - Thursday - 7am
    SGT - Thursday - 3pm

War #2
    Roster Size: 20
    PDT - Thursday - 6am
    EDT - Thursday - 9am
    GMT - Thursday - 1pm
    SGT - Thursday - 9pm

War #3
    PDT - Thursday - 1pm
    EDT - Thursday - 4pm
    GMT - Thursday - 8pm
    SGT - Friday - 4am

War #4
    PDT - Thursday - 7pm
    EDT - Thursday - 10pm
    GMT - Friday - 2am
    SGT - Friday - 10am

FRIDAY

War #5 - War Down Under
    PDT - Friday - 12am
    EDT - Friday - 3am
    GMT - Friday - 7am
    SGT - Friday - 3pm

War #6
    PDT - Friday - 6am
    EDT - Friday - 9am
    GMT - Friday - 1pm
    SGT - Friday - 9pm

War #7
    PDT - Friday - 1pm
    EDT - Friday - 4pm
    GMT - Friday - 8pm
    SGT - Saturday - 4am

War #8
    PDT - Friday - 7pm
    EDT - Friday - 10pm
    GMT - Saturday - 2am
    SGT - Saturday - 10am

SATURDAY

War #9 - War Down Under
    Duration: 120 Minutes
    Type: Classic
    KO: 15
    Health Crystals: 2
    PDT - Saturday - 12am
    EDT - Saturday - 3am
    GMT - Saturday - 7am
    SGT - Saturday - 3pm

War #10
    PDT - Saturday - 6am
    EDT - Saturday - 9am
    GMT - Saturday - 1pm
    SGT - Saturday - 9pm

War #11
    PDT - Saturday - 1pm
    EDT - Saturday - 4pm
    GMT - Saturday - 8pm
    SGT - Sunday - 4am

War #12
    PDT - Saturday - 7pm
    EDT - Saturday - 10pm
    GMT - Sunday - 2am
    SGT - Sunday - 10am

SUNDAY

War #13 - War Down Under
    PDT - Sunday - 12am
    EDT - Sunday - 3am
    GMT - Sunday - 7am
    SGT - Sunday - 3pm

War #14
    PDT - Sunday - 6am
    EDT - Sunday - 9am
    GMT - Sunday - 1pm
    SGT - Sunday -9pm

War #15
    PDT - Sunday - 1pm
    EDT - Sunday - 4pm
    GMT - Sunday - 8pm
    SGT - Monday - 4am

War #16
    PDT - Sunday - 7pm
    EDT - Sunday - 10pm
    GMT - Monday - 2am
    SGT - Monday - 10am

2. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

I love the beta thing tho crystals returned woot

3. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Will I get a achievement if I get no match

4. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Yes, clans that sign up for Wednesday's wars will receive the achievement even if they receive a no match.

5. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Happy to see the shorter advantage window. What are we testing in war 2? It looks like a normal war. Is it an algorithm change or should the ko time be 7-9.5 also?

6. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Thank you!!! Finally 11 man/1 hr wars for EST/GMT. Can finally war with home clan now

7. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

It's mainly to make sure that existing war types continue to function as normal along with the new ones :)

During the Wednesday wars there is a chance that things may break as it's tested in a large scale environment, which is why crystals will be returned and the Beta Tester achievement will be given to all of those coming out during them.

8. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Try a 8min fixed ko on 1hour please and please experiment with more than shorter ko times :) 2.5 min could possibly be better than 5 looking forward to hear what else will be changed

9. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

A few questions.
    First:
    You say crystals will be returned - what if nobility was used to regenerate?

Second:
    If you get a no-match, will you still get the tester achievement? (You did test by providing data...)

Third:
    Are the tester achievements for all the wars, or only the first two that you mention at the start?

If you could please respond...

10. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Oh first question was answered. Disregard it, sorry.

11. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

And ignore question three too, although it's not clear, I can work that out now also. 

12. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

CAN any mod help? I have been framed

13. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

You do realize the issue is match ups, right?

Changing ko type and roster size are not fixes. They are distractions, granted they do seem to placate some sheep but the rest of us are looking for a function war system.

14. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

So no wars Monday and Tuesday AGAIN? Those are the only wars I can do :/

15. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

So Mr. kaw_admin. The whole system is kinda ruined with the mids not being able to war. Maybe things will go better without hit ratio. Sure maybe redstar will kill in wars, but no one cares about sh anymore. Like. No one. No one complains about them because there are a lot already. Get rid of them and maybe he system will be cured

16. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Ok, I'm going to try the strategy that I employed ages ago to get no match implemented: repeat my suggestions for 5-6 weeks in kaw_admin's thread. Hopefully some meaningful change will occur by then as opposed to this abysmal and virtually non-existent level of tinkering to one war that kaw_admin is currently proposing.

The bulk of complaints regarding war are with regards to the ps/sh stacking. I have 2 suggestions. One will completely eliminate the ps issue; the other may or may not help with sh. Both should be very easy to code.

1. In order to be counted for war, you must have at least 1 soldier and 1 spy building. This completely eliminates the ps problem.

2. While doing my taxes, sadly I have to pay the Alternative Minimum Tax. How this relates to kaw is that during EE war only, if I attack/steal somebody, I will receive the greater of: a) my regular plunder as currently calculated, or b) the plunder that the defender would receive had they successfully attacked/stolen me. This takes into account all plunder including troop levels, defence pots, etc.

My other suggestions to help salve the elimination of ps is to make scouting more difficult during EE. It shouldn't be that hard to make scout defense include sdp.

I looked at the rosters of the 11 wars for Friday night. All 22 had varying levels of ps/sh. Isn't that enough to tell you, kaw_admin, that this type of stacking has gone on for long enough?

17. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

How about an even simpler solution? Duplicate your war system so each war has two options to sign up for, heavyweight and lightweight.

Heavyweight division requires that all members be over 10m CS (or pick a different # that works). This is "build stats" not total strength so a SH with a TON of allies won't work.

Lightweight division requires all members to be under 10m CS. Each can can run their own check of their roster but also seems pretty easy to program in a double check that bounces improper rosters just like if they tried to sign up with 19 or 21 cast instead of 20.

Keep everything else the same for matching up just like you do right now. But you will not have any hit ratio issues cuz folks will inherently be much closer in CS. You won't have the huge difference in pay per atk for the same reason. You also won't have roster stacking cuz SH and build complete can never be on the same team.

Done deal, all problems solved, just make two divisions and duplicate the exact same system you already have.

Please please please just try it.

18. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

What changes to schedule have you made. ? Still bad times for gmt/eu. Come on guys who can war at 7am gmt when most ppl are getting ready or are already at work. And 8pm is still to early, can you not make it 9pm instead. Season 2 schedule times were much better than anything you have given since.

19. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

I like the shorter ko window for war 1. However, I fail to see how that alone will solve the roster stacking issue, which has been the main reason S3 was a failure for many people.

Getting 1 xtal back is great but apparently only for the beta wars. How is the substitution for the war xstals you mentioned weeks ago coming along? Surely that will improve participation which will lead to better matchups.

And with regards to the times for gmt - summertime will start in a few weeks, so the times aren't bad at all for gmt the way they are. If devs make the 8pm gmt one hour later now and then another hour later when summertime arrives, the people in Europe will be pushed to 11pm (they are gmt 1) which is too late for most on working days

20. Re: Chaos Wars (3/24 - 3/30)

Ok this is my last post about EE type wars I will make for the rest of the time I play this game devs I would really like you to read this throughly and give a decent response to it

How about you scrap it (I know it's your baby and you poured tons of resources into it, but it's failing and I personally think best way to fix it) rethink the idea instead of making EE wars just go back to old system wars... With the idea of chaos war type restrictions. Give the clans the choice to pick what kinda war and when for there own clan solves all tz type problems and roster problems

Only 2 wars a day can for all clans if greedy just war all day long

Time limits from 30mins to 24hrs with 30min intervals

Xstal limits are same 1 per hr
    examples include
    30 min war no xstals
    1hr war 1 xstal
    1:30 war 1 xstal
    2hr war 2 xstal
    2:30 war 2 xstal
    All the way to 24hr war

KO times are selectable, all the previous KO times you've had are nice to some not to others so have it selectable

Member limits are selectable, my personal opinion 11 man wars are more fun then 20. With that being said many clans like more members some even prefer having a whole or almost whole clan so a cap would be nice like 50-60 or something I'm sure most clans would give feedback on roster size...

Tz and war start times, war times will be optional to each clan so no more server overloads from 100's of wars starting at once or being moved around 1-15 mins

Keep the countdown and mith spells it's good to see who is active in next war along with having ample time to start at full

Another little quirk is allowing eb during war for all that aren't participating that way they can prep and pot up or whatever during a war they can't be active in

All of this is within your realm of writing the code for majority of it is already in place and majority of the rest is from old system wars

It used to be a clan selects war on another clan they don't stack rosters they come to pm and ask hey I want 30 members you can have 30 members our clan size is similar our builds are similar we want war, the other clan has to agree and select the war challenge

This stops all exploiting clans bc you can't seem to fix it to a point where exploits stop taking the fun out of the game, at first you listened to everyone complaints

"what about the small guys that want to war"

Gh/sh exploit came from stacking rosters you don't choose to be that size to play the game you choose that size to stack rosters and be able to war with most/all clans

Being a mid sized build you can't war now bc of this constant exploit above, by giving this back to each clan to decide on wars and let them do the leg work on wars you'll see more clans trying to war and less exploits come from them

The fact you are trying to control all this takes your focus off other aspects of the game give the planning and focus back to the players and continue to fix other parts of the game

Listen to your players and make changes that better kaw not better certain clans of kaw

Having a game that everyone can take part in all aspects doesn't hurt your game it helps the players and gives more powers back to each clan instead of who can stack the deck best

Giving the option for every clan no matter how small they are the option to war gives the game a better and more fun environment to everyone

I won't speak for everyone but giving wars a complete equal rights to every clan will give more feedback and better reviews

You stated before you wanted these wars to help build on the relationship of clans and having them clan centric is great itself but everything shows that 90% of the clans turn away most members for war bc they aren't LB or sh nowadays

I understand small tweaks here and there would happen but not game changing mechanics bc of a exploit that killed a lot of players game style

So look at seriously devs and figure it out cause what you got only works for certain clans, and majority of the clans it does help is only a small fraction of the number of clans that want to war but can't knowing they will lose so don't even try