Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. It has come to our attention that players are now using extremely long letters to hide their real usernames. I just want to clarify what is allowed, and what, we feel, is against the spirit of the game

* If you change your name, or "Bar Code" your name, that is fine. Given effort, your opponent can combat this.

BUT

* If you use wide letters in your name, namely "W" or "M", to make your name so long that it doesn't even fit in our game's interface, then your opponents have NO chance of combating this. This is against the spirit of competition and is not allowed.

We love clans coming up with strategies and plans for wars, but when you are exploiting the system to this degree, it takes away from the spirit of what Estoc Trials is about.

In effect for the next war, any players using this method will put their personal rewards at risk. If your name is like this, then change it before the next war.

2. buh-bye worms.

3. you gonna buy me a new name?

4. Lol most worms fit it's the other suckers who will pay for it ๎’๎’๎’ kudos dev's on a well rounded reasonable solution

5. oh nvm misread, ours fits fine

6. Worms are fine as they are barcodes.

7. Kaw_Admin is referring to players that have names like "WWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWKINGWWWW." Names like this have been starting to pop up recently I've found as well. Thanks admin for the update๎€Ž

8. That's hilarious!

A worm just joked about this. And it happened.

:lol:

9. lmao willy, how ironic

10. lol. yeah. that is why i had "worms" on my brain.

oh well. let me rephrase. buh-bye wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

11. And I agree, worms and barcodes should be left alone. It's the players that made their names so long that you couldn't track via PC.

Plus 1

12. That guy with a long username made a thread earlier about this. Guess he was right :?

13. THEN GIVE THEM 20 POINTS TO CHANGE THEM, THIS IS UR NEW RULE, U HAVE TO SUPPLY THE NOBS

14. Tirns out the Worm wasnt joking. He sent me the ss and my lock was indeed a wrongful one.

15. Yah I agree, they at least need to be given the 20 nobs or a way to change their names for free(in case they try to pocket the free nobs)

16. You can see long names from andriods and comps. ~doesn't see the problem~ :D

17. so...if he got the message, does that mean worms break the rule or not? i'm confussed.

18. @Word
    Drgnblade doesn't mean a worm(I don't think) I think he's referencing the guy with a name like this WWWWWWWWVWWWWWWMWWWWWVWWWWWWW

19. The thread that was locked is still in AT i think..

20. yeah. it was made by a worm. he even said "worm wasn't joking".

:|