The End of the Ice Moth Hunt

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Devs and Mods,

I've already done my fair share of complaining and praising the event. But u should really address the one major issue everyone has: the random winner. Is Cherry-Lynn active? according to the dozens of wall posts on Cherry-Lynn's wall, many KaWers believe he/she is inactive. many of us are quite upset over the situation. did the 1000 free moths accidently enable all inactive accounts to become participants in the event, this giving all inactives a chance at the reward as well?

Dont get me wrong, im happy with my rewards. but if this was an "oops", and an inactive WAS given the random reward...not cool.

2. No, they were active during the contest. They had more than 1000 moths and you had to login and play in order to get the 1000 moths. So during the promo, this account was active.

3. awesome! thx for explanation! 

4. To be lucky player:

Next time when ATA hosts similar event, just go inactive, then get on, hit some to meet the basic minimum requirement, then go back inactive. I'm sure you will be (in the group) selected for lucky winner drawing.

You don't have to spend $ for crystal or endless nights on ebs to collect the requirements.

A pretty good way to be a lucky player right?

As for devs, how did we know for sure that player actually was active during the event? You are devs, you could pick up any inactive players and gave them 1000 moths and said they were active... Who knows... You could do ANYTHING to any players/accounts.

Just strange enough some account went inactive and all of sudden, be active and log on at the right time to collect just over 1000 minimum requirement and bam... That person was chosen to be lucky winner.. While many many many actually active players spent their $ for crystal and hit their real off to hope to meet their goal...

Just strange and yah... You could say anything you want about that player because you are Devs and we have to go with whatever you telling us.

Just my 1 cent.

Peace out.

5. Hello everyone,

While Cherry-Lynn was originally listed as the winner, the actual random winner who received the items was drizzit19732.

We've updated the winners in the original post to reflect this. As this was a mistake on our end with announcing the lucky winner, we've decided to also honor our original word and provide Cherry-Lynn with these rewards as well.

6. Seems fair, I believe this was a interesting promo I suppose I missed. I see there is also new epic battles, may I ask will you make a PvP/War Promo?

7. Wow, really ATA??? You have been telling everyone that Cherry player was REALLY active player during the event and NOW you are telling that Cherry player was selected in error? And the REAL ACTUAL lucky player is now another one?

ATA played us all... We are such a fool.

Lol.. Lmao...

8. An error was made and was defended several times before you people admit fault? What the hell is that? Are you serious? What kind of two bit used car dealership are you people running over there?

Lmao at least you always provide people like me with a good giggle... Next time just for once ... Lets get all the ducks in a row before announcing anything? What say you Kaw? Can you try having things ready BEFORE making the announcements? Is that even possible? Just seems to this poor smuck that it may cut down on all the hate and computer generated "feedback" while at the same time keeping the peasants under control...

Hat off to you guys yet again :lol:

9. cherry-lynn is now an error? my brain just melted. thanks.

-_-

10. Drizzit19732 technically you could say another inactive. With over 4k hits and T1 stat and GOT no equipments. And now with another drawing, ATA picked up another one and say this is the lucky winner.

Lol... Next time, create new dummy acct, just be inactive, hit some to meet requirement and you will be in that group (inactive group) to be selected for lucky player, who got nothing or baby stat, to get badass equip when many many spent ton of $$$ and time to hope for a chance to get those.

What a joke!

11. I am sorry... What??¿

Cherry-Lynne never got these items and someone else did? and u said it was cherry?

Or u give in because everyone was mad that an inactive got the reward...............

12. Even drizzit19732 active and got luck again, he won't able to use his seals to hit escape cuz he is too damn weak.

Who know if this is another acct that devs created just to shut us up.

What a joke and such a waste!

13. To clarify, this was not another drawing. The randomly generated lucky user from the initial prize drawing was drizzit19732. This did not change. The issue was with us announcing Cherry-Lynn as the winner, which happened due to an internal error on our end. Because this was our mistake we decided to honour our original word as well and have given Cherry-Lynn the rewards we had said they won as well.

Again, the point of the random drawing was to let everyone who met the base requirements have a chance at the prize. This includes people with what others see as low stats. Despite what others may think this helps keep things fair for everyone regardless of how long they have been playing or how powerful they may be. It gives everything the same change.

14. with that gear he can hit escape without pots. that stuff is insanely powerful for someone that size.

15. At least drizz is active enough to equip it. Hopefully he didn't just log on to put them on and go inactive to mock us 

16. Why have i not been rewarded my ice moth rewards. I got 1k moths but no equip????

17. I have also not received anything for my moths. Is there somewhere to go to post this other than here? I have more than enough to get some equipment.

18. Still didnt get moths for 13390

19. Righteo. "Mistake" *wink* *wink* *hint* *hint*. Ok :)

That little guy with his new equipment should be doing quite well in his pvp xD I want that account