Estoc Trials - Week #2 - War #10

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Overall Updates
    * We are deeply sorry for the issues that have plague the Estoc Trials the past few days, and are working hard to ensure that they do not happen again.

* Due to some of the match ups produced recently, we may have to tighten down the size restrictions so that they are closer. While this may lead to more no matches, we believe this is the best solution for all involved.

No Match Data

Signups - 64
    No Match - 6

ZAFT Corporation - There were 2 other clans near you (-RCA- and ZAFT Carnage), those two were matched with each other, leaving you the odd man out.

WarLoR - Your BFA is over 4X larger than any clans near you

Team_Cold_Cash - You joined with 35 members, and all clans that were close to you in strength signed up with lower numbers

NIGHT'S WATCH of SENTINEL STAND - This was purely an odd man out situation, as your stats are similar to quite a few other clans.

S.O.T.R.A - Your BFA is higher than the clans beside you, except one. That clan however had less members than you so we could not find you a match.

Tropic Thund - Your clan was the weakest to sign up, unfortunately there were no clans near you in strength for us to match you with. This is a special case, as you were significantly lower in all areas (3X lower in build stats, 8X lower in BFA). Please consider recruiting some stronger members into your clan. Thanks!

Clan Size Breakdown

[​IMG]

2. I think it's best to restrict it to 25-32 members per war

3. 25-32? Omg no please no. Make it more like 35-42.

4x higher though huh? 

4. Thunderdome got a no Match we are not listed here? No option to do new eb

5. God has abondened me in these wars

6. Sounds like the trial trials continue - have you all considered maybe player focus groups and/or fielding your own EE clan to get some insight into the players's kaw world. Looks like interest in kaw is sadly waining. I sincerely hope the kaw gods recognize this and at least look outside the box for some solutions/inspirations.

7. I have to say that this match up system is really bad......we keep getting match up with RCA but there bfa is much bigger and their equipment are 20 times better and on top of that, we seemed to always get over power by 3-4 members more on the opponent...don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from RCA, they've earn their wins and so on, respect to u guys but how is that a fair match...

8. Kaw_admin if you are going to tighten sign up sizes is it possible to run two cohorts at the same time? Say one from 20-25 to see if there is any interest in small war and the other say 32-37. I'm just throwing those numbers out randomly and they could, obviously, be adjusted as required if in fact you can run two separate clan sizes in one time slot.

9. I'm interested in the monitoring of BFA jumpers during this war. I know of 2 clans where this occured in war 10 and it appears that it has not been paid attention to at all. As for you asking people to post about this on your threads I believe you are out of your mind. Great way to get someone farmed or start an osw.

10. Devs please answer this one to explain why this happened!
    You match RCA with 31 against zaft carnage 27 but gave zaft corporation a no match when they too have 31! Why do you constantly favour RCA? Why did you not match zaft corp with RCA seeing they both had the same number? Zaft carnage should have been a no match instead of outnumbered bully match! Is this not a fair match up? Please explain why you did this pleas!

11. 25-34 members on weekdays and 28-45 members on weekends

12. deeply sorry, i can't here it anymore...

13. @ KaW. U guys do know that regarding that super small clan that u said had 8x bfa less than opponents, u do know that bfa in their range is 100% irrelevant right? I see this 3x bfa u list all the time but bfa is only relevant over say 5t in allies and even that is not that significant. If 1 clan averages 200b in allies and another 40b, there is 0 difference b/t them.

14. @Rudimentary
    Depends on their builds.
    GH will have a trouble fighting that amount more of BFA. Troop builds, less trouble.

15. This seems to be such a big issue with these wars. The developers named the season as the actual estoc wars Nd not the beta testing trial sessions. So why are the matchups doing worse then te preseason testing? With all the errors with this new war system, there should be a consensus amoungst the developers. Law players are spending real money to be screwed over by the developers constantly changing the system that was fine to begin with. This season that started is nothing more then an extension of the trials in the preseason to test the system out. Players are spending $20-$100 a week so they can do the estoc wars but only to be screwed over by new algorithms and whatnot. I say since you are covertly continuing ur testing without us knowing why don't you make a new item for the estoc season, estoc crystals. These are only good for the wars you sign up for and disappear as soon as war is over, that way no one can abuse and keep them saved up. This will help you improve your system without taking so much from your consumers and not
    Giving back. Put clans let's say ranked 1-100 be allowed to try this new way and if it works use the feedback from these estoc crystals to improve your system. Once the testing is over you can get rid of the war Xtals completely and players will have to buy real Xtals now to the most improved version of the estoc wars.

16. ER-Rudementary is completely right. If a clan had a total of 10m stats BFA, and another clan has a total for 2m stats BFA, spread out across all 25 or so members warring in each clan, that is hardly a matter at all. However if a clan has 1 tril stats in BFA and another clan has 200m stats in BFA, that is a huge difference because that will leave some members untouchable; which is not the case with smaller clans and smaller BFA

17. how much high was sotra's bfa than the other clans around it

18. It is part of the algorithm we use. It will select the best match for each clan, working from the top to the bottom. Sometimes this means #1 will get #3, before #2 has a chance to go.

I assure you, the matchmaking system is fully automated, and has no idea who is who.

19. We have said this many times, the name Estoc Trials is meant as a trial for the players involved, to test themselves, It has not correlation with this being a test of any kind.

"So why are the matchups doing worse then te preseason testing?" - We do not see this happening, however with a small sample size, you may be in matches less favorable for you in week 2 than you had in the preseason.

As for war/estoc crytals, this has also been talked about multiple times. Even earlier today. Please see our other posts.