2012 All Star War - Participant List

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Believe i entered correctly and only once and pretty sure im top 10000. But isnt all that a ridiculous way for signup

2. If many many people made the same mistake maybe its ata fault and not the many many people...just saying

3. So was the top 10000 check preformed? Just curious because just briefly scanning the names a couple jumped out and I'm pretty sure they're not in the top 10000. Of course I've been wrong way too often before...

4. Looking at the long waiting list I guess I am going to miss this ASW. Finger crossed though. Hope still can make it

5. Wulf what's ur username on The pal room?

6. Typing an 8 digit phrase on a wall and knowing what time zone you are in is not hard.

If you have a better idea for how to do signups we would love to hear it.

I was opposed to allowing the top 10,000 to register. I pushed hard to return it to just the top 2000 or even the top 5000 cause I knew rosters would fill up fast... too fast for many time zones. However, there was advanced warning and people could have set alarms I guess.

Anyway - done is done. If anyone has recommendations on how to improve this system for next year please send feedback and/or post here.

Cheers.

7. I'm rank 8000 and I did the right think as dev ask for I don't see any reason why they haven't put my name there

8. not sure - contacts me with whatever names you feel need double checked.

9. Its Wulf
    lol

10. Possible reasons you did not make the cut:

1) you are not ranked in the top 10,000 strongest
    2) you signed up before the scheduled time (lots of UK did this thinking they were on GMT not BST)
    3) you registered more than 1 account and all your accounts were rejected for this

and the most likely

4) you entered the pass phrase incorrectly.
    - For example if you entered:
    1. #ASW 2012 instead of #ASW2012
      or
      ASW2012 instead of #ASW2012

MANY MANY PEOPLE DID THIS

You needed to have in your message #ASW2012 or #asw2012 to be accepted.

11. Ali believe alot of us did...wulf trying to make it sound impossible that ata didnt make mistake but it was many many of us

12. Wulf I'm rank 8000 on strongest leader board and I did the same think as dev ask

Can you ask dev for this please what HAPPEND ?

13. I am not saying that it is impossible.

Just saying user error is more likely. They ran a program to sort the names. It was not done by hand.

The program was designed to look for only the correct pass phrase submitted after the allotted time.

Hundreds of people signed up WAY too early.

I noticed a large % were UK who signed up an hour early. My guess was cause they thought they were GMT which is 1 hour behind BST

14. Chopper so why they trying to lie to people then because when I post it it was 2 hours started when the rejester time start !

15. Ask them to double check for you and tell you why you were not on the roster.

Support@AThinkingApe.com

I can't take on the task of checking for everyone who is asking me to.

16. This is my first post on forums, and I'm following Wulf, so probably asking for trouble on two fronts. In any case I feel obliged to speak up.

OK, so like most I was rather looking forward to the ASW 2012, having been too small to register in 2011.

The registration process, or more so that lack of recognition that we have an international / global group of kaw players is what I want to table here.

I woke up early and registered at just after 4am, which in my humble opinion shows a degree of dedication and interest.

I was quite shocked to hear from friends later that day that I was likely to miss out as they had registered interest hours earlier. I have since seen that I am on the waiting list only, and some way down. Many of my Asian friends have suffered a similar fate.

Similarly, the recent summer tournaments show that same lack of recognition for our international playing community. The war start times with auto join were from memory 1am my time.

Whilst its fair and reasonable to cater for what I believe on the whole is a player base with a majority of US players, it is far from reasonable that other regions (timezones) are not really considered.

I love this game (my wife's comments suggest way too far!) but would certainly like to see this aspect of the game improved.

17. U try to put in favour of our Asian timing n c whether we cn get in or nt?? Wat a joke

18. Notice how there is no iss in this war what's with that I was one of first to post in wall.

19. Lol wulf searched wulf first time didn't come up guess u were offline found u this time tho

20. This whole thing was a joke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.