Summer Tournament Season 1!

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just my thought that's all mate :/. If nobody had bfa , level playing field. 

2. Were on weekend4 but cant sign up we have 51 members but u said have to hae participated in at least 4 to be in the playoffs its on weekend 4 but we still cant sign up i dor know y?

3. Developers next Tournament or even in this play-offs you shouldnseriously consider making the wars not 24 hrs but make them 48 hrs

4. Reason of 48 hr war would be that clans could employ some real strategy and players with cojones instead of making a turtle war for 24 hr which is possible and is happening

Thank you 

5. With 48 hr war you can have a mix of turtle war and also a period of No turtle war cus of duration.

6. 48 hrs is too long. Many players can't do that much on the weekends. Warring takes a lot of time and energy. Most players couldn't do that the whole weekend.

7. With or without BFA and/or equipment doesn't test your skills and determination. FYI: my zero BFA zero equipment 900 stats stole 3m stats with pots and mith. You can win wars without BFA nor equipment and being low stats versus a roster of HLBC with mith pots bfa equipment and what not. Skills and determination based on your post? LMAO

Check Mercenary Inc 2nd round, against Reunion and find the player 2 actions 1 mith lol

As for turtle war, with all due respect to the new noobs to war, do you even know what a turtle war is or just using a term having its description changed and adopted by noobs?

Originally, a turtle war term was used to describe what people now describe a "turtle war" with closed pure spies targets, known as a "turtle" spy war.

The term "turtle war" is not being used by noobs trying to mean there are no/not enough opens in enemy roster. In a war: if you are open, unless there are better targets, who wouldn't pin you? Similarly: if you regen and opposition can hit you, why wouldn't they?

The above just illustrates the basic essence of sw. Hit all opens. Advanced/basic war mechs that follows is the term ffp, fighting from pin, so as not to leak plunder. Again: if active and whereby the opposite enemy roster can pin/get plunder from you, why wouldn't anyone be ffp?

Get your war terms and strategies correct, there's been no turtle war so far this tournament else MnB would have won all their wars - probably.

Cheers, have fun and good luck to all participants and clans!

8. What are you talking about DivineLu seems not even you can understand what you are saying lol. You dont have the stats of a noob but sure talk like one.

9. My darling DLu, I get what you are trying to say, and yes the term "turtle war" did originate through spy builds exploiting system war mechs; however, I think the term turtle war has evolved even among vets to encompass the essence of remaining dtw for an extended period in a system war to take plunder advantage away from a stronger attack build roster.

Agree that in the current system war set up, if you are able to get your entire roster to ffp, then yes it truly is a far superior strategy compared to any other that may be employed. Denying your opponent plunder denies them an opportunity to win.

If I remember correctly turtle strategies (using spies) were first employed to combat having potential leaks in a 48 hr war. We claimed 48 hrs was too long b/c we didn't like "leaks" but "leaks" are what make war fun in my opinion.

So I believe Taylor is just making the point that playing/fighting from pin is really not much fun and 48 hrs, may encourage and open opportunities for a more even playing field in this particular tourney set up that has an auto join capability. I think this would actually correct the initial turtle strategy we developed to get around the 48 hr system war.

24 hrs, with inability to kick leaks or moles for 12 hrs, against a clan that turtles or ffp can decide the outcome of a war in under 2 hrs.

I'd guess probably half the wars fought in this tourney r forfeited at 12 hr mark b/c of ffp strategies....

To add some competition, I do believe something should be done to minimize/discourage turtle wars. Sorry Tay not sure I wanna go the 48 hr route....sounds painful too lol....but do think if these tourneys r gonna have any kind of staying power something will need to be tweaked.

10. LP that is exactly what i was trying to say lol.

11. Hehe no worries Tay I got your back 

12. turtle Turtle turtle:)))

13. War registration is first come first serve, if you are late to register and are the odd clan out. You will be unable to participate because no rival was found.

14. Why make All Star War on a week day???? Why not on Weekend??

15. Plus why have it on 9-11? That's terrible! Nice to know you devs have respectincase you don't realize, that was sarcasm

16. Wow kaw_admin posted twice I've never seen that before.

/ end sarcasm

Pay more attention to the players kaw, it will improve the game and keep unwanted updates from being released.

17. The All Star War is KAW's Anniversary War.

KAW's Launch date was Sept 10 - Sept 11 Depending on where in the world you are.

People do not change their anniversary just because of tragic World events.
    The two are unrelated.
    No Disrespect is intended.

18. I agree with Wulf, why would they want to have disrespect? No reason... It is just the launch day as Wulf said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.