Changing back reset items

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really hate to dispute any points on a thread like this, but...

You say that lc used to be a great achievement, as you lost a significant amount of effort and gameplay, and therefore resetting from there was rewarded.

Then, you say that highlanders have no chance at getting those reset bonuses because they've gone too far in the game and achieved a lot, and is "no longer viable option" to lose that effort?

Huh?

And then, you say that you don't want people to stop at 25 lands just for a bonus. Isn't that what original lc was?

In short, it is no longer considered an accomplishment because people don't want to sacrifice for it? Sacrifice like people did for the first year of the game? Keeping in mind that KaW has only been around about two and a half.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the effect of this thread. It's just that the reasons you gave are really confusing.

2. Ty kaw. Some of us did our reset before pwars and eb's. That was not easy to do when u made ur gold from the bl. U should be rewarded. Reset items and eb item should be keep separt. Why should u get a perm item from attking something that does not attk back?? That does not help promote real war!!

3. If i'll get items from eb and then i'll do reset to get resets items im gonna lose eb's items with reset?

4. U should get perm items from exploring all lands. Used to be 25 now it's 50. Don't take away a chance for the game to make a profit.

5. You didnt get a question or i dont understand your answer :)

6. How do you end up completing the game

7. I agree, if the validity of resetting has come to question, then either make it highland resets or make it so from now on they are rewarded an equipable item different from the current reset items.

8. Here's the thing about reset items.

It was never a big deal to get them, if you knew what you were doing. By volleying money using proper volleying and drop volleying technique, I was able to do 4 lc resets in 4 days, wayyy before the forfeit war era. In fact there may not even have been a war *system* at that time. Just shy of 2 years ago.

Here is what's different today. Lowland completion costs whatever it is, something like $12b? Back then, it took a while to earn $12b. Longer than it takes now. Today it's not hard to make $12b in a matter of hours. Hell you can make $15b just by getting the treasure bonus in FoD. That's what is different today, it's much easier to get that much gold. That's all.

Since those days, volleying has already been nerfed so it is a cash-losing process whereas back then if done right you'd lose virtually 0 gold. So that actually makes it slightly harder today, to lc on volley money, but really if you're willing to lose the money in the drops, it's still like one day's work to earn the cash to lc an account.

So it was easy back then. And it is even easier now.

The only thing that ever made resets hard was giving up your kingdom, all the time and effort you had put into buildings and allies. With the highlands (which I think are absurdly priced, still overpriced at this time) and the cost of T4/SoS, you're giving up even more. Getting hlbc and then resetting is giving up something huge. Much more than getting llbc and resetting was back in the day.

To put it one way... Before the highlands or T4/SoS or the forfeit war era or EB era, if you had access to a good clan OSF, you could lc pretty easily in under a month just by playing the game. Today, to hllc is way way harder. I know people who play every single day, for over 2 years, and still aren't hllc because the land costs are so ridiculous. Without spending $ on nobs, it's a huge deal. Lowland lc was never a huge deal, it was always easy if you built some forges and a bunch of L3 guilds.

Reset items are a minor % stat boost. Resetting is simple and quick. These two facts are totally consistent with each other.

As people have already mentioned, the additional ally slots are way more significant than the % bonuses from reset items.

9. If you don't want to reward people who reset now because they lc easier than player could before, just make it harder to obtain the rewards. If you had to obtain 35 lands (or some other number) now, it would be as hard as getting lc before. The number of lands needed before reset to receive the perm items could just be increased to that number. Players who already spent their time would keep their bonuses, and new player would have to work as hard as the older ones did.

10. I still didnt get my answer.
    If i will make hlbc and then reset will i keep my shield from destroyer and sword from fod???

11. Items from EB's don't carry through a reset. You will lose them.

12. Then what's the point of it saying items from EB is perminant items? Also the items we get from EB are under the perminant item section. Damn that really sucks :|

13. They are not perm items anymore but equipment, thats why i ask question. Thx for answer

14. Only issue i see its unfair to do 25lands=1item and 50lands=2items, when with volley you can do llbc in few days and hlbc take ages

15. I'm not 100% if this question should be asked here, but on my Iphone i show that i get my perm item bonus however i have lost 10% perm bonus on web version is this just because web version hasn't updated yet? All my bonus' came from pro packs and EB items 2 of 3 so far.

16. Interesting to see ppl talking about resets and y it should not be included in this rewarding system and it is not a big deal in the first place. So if this is ppls real n sincere views then all these years they should have been more out spoken and ask devs to remove it from our profiles long ago. And one other thing its not how much u spend in gold its how much time u spend for those resets. Personally i spent loads of precious time which i could have been easily be doing something else and that i consider as dedication in this game and i believe those items given is for the dedication not for the gold u spent. Dedicated ppl to kaw should be rewarded simple as that.

17. Reseting is cheap or expensive never the issue reseting button there is put, for ppl as an incentive to start all over again if not then it should be a delete button. Until now if it is there and made ppl dedicate time n effort into this game then it should not be undermined. Besides after giving away anything saying sorry and taking it back never accepted as ethical way of conducting business.

18. Where are these items? Just the new eb item drops or is there another eb to catch the drop?

19. So is if u reset do the bouns do what they did before the update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.