Changing back reset items

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We've received a fair amount of feedback from the community about the recent changes to the reset bonus items.

Just so everybody understands our original reasoning for this change, we'll do our best to explain. In the past, land complete resets were a big accomplishment and deserved to be well rewarded. With the introduction of T4 buildings and the Highlands though, the significance of these accomplishments have diminished. It's many times harder nowadays to complete the Highlands and reach build completion, and yet the original land complete resets are still being rewarded as if they were as difficult to achieve as they once were.

Moreover, players who progress into their T4 upgrades or the Highlands without completing their resets have too much to lose to go back and reset, so it's no longer a viable option for them. We felt that continuing to significantly reward resets wasn't the best thing to do, as we would rather have players have fun and build up their kingdoms without having to stop arbitrarily at their 25th land just for these bonuses. Well-connected players nowadays can also achieve these resets without a great deal of effort, so it felt like we were over-rewarding something that was neither natural nor all too fun. Making these reset bonus items into equipment items was seen as a way to help balance things out, while not removing their benefits altogether.

That being said, we've heard your feedback, and we agree that the many players who put the hard work in long ago to earn these bonuses deserve to keep their promised benefits. As a result, we've decided to undo the changes to the reset bonus items.

Reset bonus items will no longer be considered equipment, and will return to the way they were prior to this update. Their bonuses will always apply, and you won't need to equip them to benefit from their bonuses.

This is currently being worked on right now as this is being posted and it shouldn't take too much longer for the change to be reversed.

2. Yes! Thank you so much!

3. To be clear, we can no longer get items from resets?

4. You can still obtain items from resets, but they are not classified as an item you can equip so the bonuses will always apply.

5. Lmao, didn't get the chance to install it..oh well

6. THANK YOU!!! And sorry for the rude feedback 

7. There will be more items introduced in the game that are classified as equipment, you still need to install the latest update in order to see them in your profile.

8. THANK YOU!! im quite pleased you saw reason in this! and it warms my heart that you actually listened to us and reacted to help the problem!
    sorry for doubting ;)

9. What?
    I'm not understanding really what because what's the problem with the old items?

10. I worked hard on my resets for those items, by the sound of it ur cheapening the hard work and achievement of them

11. Thank u and tbh if u want reset stats do the damn thinks like we did I reset from t4 so that's a poor excuse kaw but hay thank u for giving stats back

12. Ty kaw I also did resets 2 lands off hblc thought I'd lost 12 months of hard work was ready to quit untill I saw this thread Ty for listening to the players 

13. We should be able to buy equipment

14. I was worried there that I had lost my items finger was on the reset button!! Thanks for listening

15. Dam u kaw i nearly died for that moment Gooooooo KAWwwwwwwww

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.