Web browser KaW version available!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. We have just released an early web-browser version of Kingdoms at War for your home computer.
    There is no download required, play for free in your browser! Please be patient as it is an early release and we are still tweaking/improving it.

You will be able to link your iPhone/iTouch to your web account so that you can play with the same player from your computer or your iPhone/iTouch. You can also now use the forums from your computer :D

WARNING: WE HAVE AN AUTOMATED MONITORING SYSTEM FOR ANY ABUSE AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESET AND BAN PLAYERS WHO TRY TO EXPLOIT THE GAME. REFERRAL CODES ARE ALSO NOT AVAILABLE TO WEB PLAYERS.

Stay tuned for more improvements to the web version of KaW! Our vision for this is that certain features will only be available on the iPhone while others are only available via the website. We are extremely excited about this release as it is a pre-requisite to the upcoming clan system!

Feel free to send us feedback/bugs for the web version by clicking on the feedback button on the home tab.

Check it out at www.kingdomsatwar.com

2. Awesome, thanks devs. 

3.  does this mean the clan system will only be availible on the pc version?

4. The clan system will be available on both the iPhone/iTouch and web versions. However, certain features will only be available on the web version while others are only available on the iphone/iTouch.

5. Wats the link?

6. Ohh phew*  that's good news to me, thanks a lot!

7. Why would you mix features between the two versions? All that encourages is for people to spend twice the money across both platforms

8. I'm guessing there will be an influx of players due to the fact that not everyone has an itouch or iPhone. Get ready to pown up some noobs!!!

9. Can you expand on the browser specific/iPhone specific features? Sorry, don't have access to a computer ATM.

10. You can link the same account to both versions, so you're playing as the same player from both. This let's you play KaW while you are on your iPhone and also from your PC when you are sitting at a desk.

The reason why some features will only be available on certain features is because they make more sense for that version. For example, a lot of clan administrative features will only be available from the web version. Also, wouldn't it be cool if clans had their own web page? ;)

11. You should make no register button so people need to register on iPod

12. What is the web address though kaw?

13. Hmmm, think of all the little features we could do to beef up our profiles!

I'm looking forward to this (when I have an operational PC).

Thank you!

14. More gamer on the computer that will take leaderboard

15. Can you address bots, and macros and how you plan to combat them?

These are common issuese in these web type browsers.

Thanks, Kool-Aid

16. Yeah not everyone has a PC. And sadly iPhone doesn't support flash, so no seperate computer, no PC version of kaw

That sucks. Offer some sort of a non flash version of the web game

17. Also. as you have said in the past you're only two people running Kingdoms at War.

How do you plan to monitor the two separate systems?

18. Yes! This should be awesome. I was wanting to get on it on my computer a few weeks ago but couldn't. Now I can!  two thumbs up for this idea

19. All of our monitoring systems are automated. Also, referral codes are not available for PC accounts.

20. I think that you should release the new update for the game before u make it playable on the computer.