World Chat Speakers

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Mark, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi folks,

We are bumping the number of free speakers you get everyday from 5 to 10.

This is an experiment for the week to see how people like it, and if it helps communication and community. We'll evaluate data around WC to see if it promotes more conversation, and we'll work with the mods to determine if it's something we should keep based on their feedback.

Hope you enjoy.

-Mark

2. Why not change the entire chat system to time based? Frequency of messages = longer period of world chat posting cooldown.

3. Why not change the entire chat system to time based? Frequency of messages posted = longer period of world chat posting cooldown.

4. Woohoo! Thanks Mark

5. This would make conversations take longer, instead of making them shorter. Whether that's good or bad, I've no clue.

6. Are the devs aware of the current LB not updating issue?

~ but on topic, this could potentially be better. Wc is not at all what it used to be.

7. At least can the cap of 20 to 40 too then.

As I don't seem to have an issue with the refresh rate. More just the fact that. 20 messages is usually just mid conversation for me and it sucks not being able to reply to other friends.

8. Did ata listen.... Wot

9. Hey guys,
    We just made a small change to this wall...

Kool-Aid:

10. I prefer the commercials where I'm not naked and have a skateboard

Edit: Really, you're just opening the door for naked punch bowls

11. Interested to see how this works out. Does this bump the max speakers to 50 after 5 days?

12. Thats sound like a good plan!! Maybe more convo in wc!

13. I think the cap is still set at 25. With regen being 10/day

14. Will pc players also get free speakers ?

15. I think it's still limited to mobile users.

16. Correct, the cap is staying at 25. Announcements will still also require 26 speakers.

17. Why cant the cap be 50 speaks and raise the wa to 51 speaks?

18. I think it's best to be happy with 10 speakers a day. This hasn't changed in 7 years.

19. Because mark made this change at the spur of the moment, and we should be grateful the devs are listening at all, not immediately whine for more? Maybe I have Stockholm syndrome, but I feel like we need to be very encouraging and positive for our devs. We want to condition them to associate QoL fixes with positivity, not immediate demands for more. The devs are very skittish, and we don't want to scare them off.

20. I know im saying have it capped to 50 speaks is max speaks u can regen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.