New & Improved Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too bad there isn't a filter for "moron".

2. What this "update" has done to me is that it has made me almost afraid to post anything. Any single word might be "prohibited". You've created and atmosphere of fear. The rules say "Attempts to bypass the language filter are also prohibited." and I'm confused if that applies to profanity or an attempt to bypass a completely innocent words too, which you, for some reason have deemed "prohibited". And on top of that, you guys somewhere said something like that "The context of the message can get you banned too". I understand that means that even if I use unfiltered words, you can ban me. Worryingly I can't even find that post, so I'm completely subject to your whims. You've managed to set rules and hide them at the same time.

My point is, with this new "cool feature", you're not making this game more enjoyable to a wider range of players. You're limiting the experience, in fact. You say the CC and private messages aren't moderated, yet you thrust your broken ruleset even there. In the WC, you have mods, isn't it their job to ban people who get out of the line? How will this new rule prevent people from bypassing words like they used to?

I could give you examples of many innocent words that are banned under your iron-fist regime. But I'm afraid to do that here because I don't know if I'd get banned for that. To me, you've forgotten common sense in favour of PC'ness. (that's a word). You've sacrificed player experience for age ratings.

Don't get my message wrong. I support some sort of censorship. There are words that should not be uttered by anyone. But your filter at the moment just doesn't work. It's too sensitive and ignores context. Please, please fix it.

You can't be stupid people, you have created this game after all. So I'm sure you'll understand what I'll say now. Go to the Internets and find the meanings for "malum in se" and "malum prohibitum". Ponder for a moment and think what you're doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.