New & Improved Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today we're announcing changes to our chat filter that should lead to a better experience for everyone.

Up until now filtered words have been starred out, making them easy to understand. This led to filtered words taking the place of the actual words while retaining their toxic effect.

The new filter will behave as follows;

When you post a prohibited word on the forums prohibited word it will simply be removed from your post.

When you attempt to post a prohibited word in game you will receive an error message and the message will not be sent.

As always, attempting to bypass the filter, or self censor (using stars, or other characters) can result in a silence. Additionally we remind players that even if content doesn't bypass the filter its context is still taken to account.

Let's keep things clean and enjoyable for all 

2. Lets see how clean CC will be.
    Because all clans respect no bypasses anyways.

3. Re: New

This is pretty stupid.

Why is this necessary?

EDIT:

4. I need a list of all bypass words so I know not to use them 

5. So, if I post 4 stars instead of " **** " i will get silenced?

6. Here's a list:

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

7. Great question. Lol

8. Re: New

This change will help combat the toxic effects of censored words and make this an overall more welcoming place. Even if words are censored, it's easy to understand their meaning and that leads to an environment that turns players away.

9. :lol:

10. We're going to be warning players and educating during a short transition period so that players may understand the filter and it's intended behaviour. However after that yes. Self-censoring and the context of messages can lead to a silence.

11. Re: New

All this will do is make people find more creative ways to insult one another, and encourage bypassing making more work for moderators.

12. Kaw_com, quick question.
    What did you think of the sharks at the superbowls halftime show?

13. Hahahaha. That actually made me laugh. :lol: Thanks.

14. Re: New

SUPPORT!

Kaw_Community for mod!

16. bleh. waste of time implementing this.

17. Bye bye free speech it was nice to know you.

Oh Great Almighty Overlord Developers could we please have a list of prohibited words which we may not use anymore. I ask because it is not only profanity which is being blocked there are other words I cannot seem to use. I assume because the dumb people of the world don't know what the big scary words mean and it must offend them as a result.

18. Said the guy who wastes his time wording.

19. Well me and my "vulgar" friends are turned away at the idea of not being able to curse all the time, and call people bad names on a 9+ game. Man, where did my freedom go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.