♔ Account Information (Transfer/Linking/Rules) ♔

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Wulf, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Table of Contents(Click on Link to jump to section)

HOW TO LINK A PC ACCOUNT TO AN IDEVICE
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1910499#p1910499

HOW TO LINK AN IDEVICE ACCOUNT TO A PC
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1910502#p1910502

HOW TO LINK AN DROID/KINDLE ACCOUNT TO A PC
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=3121938#p3121924

HOW TO TRANSFER ACCOUNTS BETWEEN iDEVICE AND KINDLE/DROID
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=3121938#p3121938

HOW TO TRANSFER ACCOUNTS BETWEEN iDEVICES
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1930645#p1930645

HOW TO GET YOUR UDID IF YOU HAVE YOUR IDEVICE
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1940700#p1940700

HOW TO GET YOUR UDID IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR IDEVICE
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1956768#p1956768

HOW MANY ACCOUNTS AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE?
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1956773#p1956773

DE-LINKING AN ACCOUNT
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1958953#p1958953

TRANSFERRING BETWEEN FACEBOOK AND/OR MOCHI
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=1958953#p2044665

LINKING FACEBOOK AND MOCHI SO THEY BOTH ACCESS THE SAME ACCOUNT
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=2294141#p2294141

SELLING / GIVING AWAY ACCOUNTS
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58919&p=3479014#p3479014

2. HOW TO LINK A PC ACCOUNT TO AN IDEVICE

[​IMG]
    HOW TO LINK A PC ACCOUNT TO AN IDEVICE
    [​IMG]

1. have/create an existing iDevice acct (this account will be deleted)

2. Now log into the PC account you wish to link to the iDevice

3. Click on "link iphone" button at the top center of the screen (image below)
    [​IMG]

4. This will bring up the following screen:
    [​IMG]

5. Enter the name of the iDevice account (this account will be deleted) and click send password.

6. Log into your idevice. You will have received a password.
    [​IMG]

7. Enter this password into line 3 and click Link Device.

8. Select which account you wish to keep
    *The other will be deleted*

9. You are done. The account you selected is now available on your iDevice and computer.

3. HOW TO LINK AN IDEVICE ACCOUNT TO A PC

[​IMG]
    HOW TO LINK AN IDEVICE ACCOUNT TO A PC
    [​IMG]
    1. Go to http://www.KingdomsAtWar.com

2. Click the button that says Link iPhone/iTouch
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: Facebook is required for this linking process. If you get this Facebook message you will need to log into Facebook.
    NOTE: Only one linked account per facebook account.
    If you have already logged into facebook then click cancel to reveal the next screen.
    [​IMG]

3. Now you should see this screen.
    [​IMG]
    Click the ipod/iTouch Option

4. Now you will see this screen:
    [​IMG]
    Click Complete Link to proceed.

5. Done. Can now access your iDevice account on the PC via http://www.KindgomsAtWar.com

4. HOW TO TRANSFER ACCOUNTS BETWEEN IDEVICES

[​IMG]
    HOW TO TRANSFER ACCOUNTS BETWEEN IDEVICES
    [​IMG]
    Simple. The developers have made you a convenient webpage for just this purpose. You can now go to http://www.kingdomsatwar.com/transfer/ to transfer your KaW account between different iPhones/iPods/iPads. You will need the 40-digit UDID number off of the old device and the new device to complete the transfer. If you do not know your UDID than go back to the first post and select the appropriate "How to Find your UDID" link
    WARNING: You cannot have more than one account on a device. If you transfer the account from Device A to Device B then the account on Device B be transferred to Device A.

You can transfer your account up to 5 times. This is to prevent abuse of this feature as a tool for account sharing.

5. HOW TO GET YOUR UDID IF YOU DO HAVE YOUR IDEVICE

[​IMG]
    WHAT IS THE UDID AND HOW DO I FIND IT

[​IMG]
    The purpose of this guide is to help people find their UDID (THEMSELVES) in order to transfer their account from one iDevice to another in the event that your iDevice is lost, stolen, broken, or simply upgraded.

Before we begin I cannot stress enough:
    DO NOT GIVE YOUR UDID TO ANYONE
    The UDID is the Unique Device Identification number. It is a number unique to each iDevice (iPhone, iPod, iPad) that is used by developers to distribute apps directly into the device. The UDIDs are used to create an Apple-certified provisioning file and coordinate your device with your account.
    :!: The UDID can be used to steal your Account as well as other Apps that my be on your device. Do not give it to anyone!
    :evil:

Now, How to obtain your UDID if:

[​IMG]
    I HAVE MY I DEVICE and I CAN PLUG IT INTO ITUNES
    [​IMG]
    If you have your iDevice obtaining your UDID is cake. (Not the kind of Cake that is a lie)
    These steps are outlined on The Device Transfer Page
    :arrow: Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer.
    :arrow: In iTunes, select your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad from the DEVICES list.
    :arrow: Select the Summary tab.
    :arrow: Click on the entry labeled Serial Number. The entry will change to Identifier and display your device's UDID.
    :arrow: To copy your device's UDID, open the Edit menu and select Copy.
    :arrow: Paste the UDID above.

If that is still not clear here is a link to a Video where you can watch this being done.
    VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO GET THE UDID THROUGH ITUNES WITH IDEVICE

6. HOW MANY ACCOUNTS AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE

[​IMG]
    HOW MANY ACCOUNTS AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE

[​IMG]
    You are allowed one account per idevice YOU own and only one Computer account.
    1. - You may not make an account on an iDevice belonging to someone else.
      - You may not create multiple accounts on an iDevice or use a UDID Faker to access multiple accounts.
      - You may not share your account with anyone else.
      - You may have one Computer Only account
      - iDevices accounts linked to a PC do not count as Computer accounts.

Breaking any of these rules may result in immediate game banning and/or account deletion without warning.

So, For Example: If you have a iPod, and iPad, and an iPhone, and five Computers then you can have FOUR accounts total.
    1. - 1 on the iPod
      - 1 on the iPad
      - 1 on the iPhone
      - and 1 on the computer.
    It doesn't matter that you have 5 computers you are only allowed one computer account.

NOTE: Lets say your roommate plays KaW. S/He may have a computer only account as well but I strongly recommend against using the same computer as the developers will likely not be able to tell the difference between two people using the same computer for their legal accounts vs one person illegally having two computer accounts.

Here it is from a Developers mouth:

7. DE-LINKING AN ACCOUNT

[​IMG]
    DE-LINKING AN ACCOUNT

[​IMG]
    Perhaps you want to link a to a different/new Facebook account. Perhaps you decided you wold rather have your iPod linked to the PC instead of your iPhone.
    Whatever the reason there is currently no "User Available" way to de-link your account.

Should you wish to de-link your account you will need to do the following:
    Compose a very well written and detailed eMail to the Customer Support Team at Device_Transfers@AThinkingApe.com. You may also use Support@AThinkingApe.com but may delay response time.
    Explain in Detail what you wish to do.
    Give them as much information as possible:
    1. - Your account name.
      - That you are playing Kingdoms At War
      - Your Current Linked Facebook Account's Associated Email Address
      - If you know the date you created the account that would help too
      (ProTip - Look at achievement on PC. If it says you got the 120 day achievement 10 days ago you created the account 130 days ago)
      Most requests are processed within 24 - 48 hours. If the Customer Support Team hasn't completed your request within 48 hours a second eMail is prudent. You may also consider contacting a moderator at that time to request assistance. Moderators cannot make this change but they may be able to get you priority support.

Some people may be uncomfortable giving their password to anyone. Even ATA. Here is what you do.

1. Step 1: Log into Facebook/Mochi and change your password.
      Step 2: Go through transfer process
      Step 3: When process is complete log into Facebook/Mochi and change your password back

8. TRANSFERRING ACCOUNTS BETWEEN FACEBOOK AND/OR MOCHI ACCOUNTS

[​IMG]
    TRANSFERRING BETWEEN FACEBOOK AND/OR MOCHI

[​IMG]
    Perhaps you want to link a to a different/new Facebook account. Perhaps you would rather use the Mochi Interface. Perhaps you don't like the Mochi interface and wish to use the KingdomsAtWar.com Facebook interface.
    Whatever the reason there is currently no "User Available" way to change which Facebook or Mochi account houses your game.

Should you wish to move your account from Facebook to Mochi or Vice-Verse or switch from one Facebook/Mochi Account to another you will need to do the following:
    Compose a very well written and detailed eMail to the Customer Support Team at Device_Transfers@AThinkingApe.com. You may also use Support@AThinkingApe.com but may delay response time.
    Explain in Detail what you wish to do.
    Give them as much information as possible:
    1. - Your account name.
      - That you are playing Kingdoms At War
      - Your Currently used Mochi/Facebook Username
      - Your Desired Mochi/Facebook Username
      - If you know the date you created the account that would help too
      (ProTip - Look at achievement on PC. If it says you got the 120 day achievement 10 days ago you created the account 130 days ago)

If you wish to swap accounts then spell that out carefully. For example:

1. I currently have MyKawAccount1 on Facebook with username xxx
        and
        I currently have MyKawAccount2 on Mochi with username yyy

Could you:
        please transfer MyKawAccount1 to Mochi with username yyy
        and
        please transfer MyKawAccount to Facebook with username xxx

With these requests the devil is in the details. Make sure your eMail is organized, detailed, and easy to understand.

Most requests are processed within 24 - 48 hours. If the Customer Support Team hasn't completed your request within 48 hours a second eMail is prudent. You may also consider contacting a moderator at that time to request assistance. Moderators cannot make this change but they may be able to get you priority support.

Never give your passwords to anyone! ATA will never need nor ask for them.

9. LINKING FACEBOOK AND MOCHI

Many concerned about rumors that MochiGames may be discontinuing its hosting of games such as Kingdoms At War.
    Although the login issues have been resolved for now the future of KAW on Mochi is uncertain.
    The Developers of KAW are hard at work looking for alternatives but for now encourage players to link their Mochi account to FaceBook in order to secure access their KAW account via PC.

To follow are steps you can follow that will legally allow you to access your account from both Mochigames and Facebook. This way if Mochi has a service interruption you will still be able to access your account from Facebook. You will be able to use either interface.

Step 1: Go to http://www.Mocigames.com and enter your login information.
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 2: Click on the "Account Settings" tab
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 3: Scroll down until you see "Email Settings". Here you will need to change the eMail address to match the eMail address of a Facebook account that is not currently linked to a KAW account.
    "Verifying" the email address is not required unless you want Mochi to have the email address so they can contact you. (ie. in the case of "lost password")
    (Alternately you may create a new Facebook Account using the same email address you used for Mochi however you are advised to read FaceBook's terms of use prior to making multiple facebook accounts)
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 4: Now it is time to go to http://www.Facebook.com and log out of any existing Facebook accounts and then log into the Facebook account with the email address that matches your Mochigames email.
    (Remember the Facebook account cannot be one linked to any other KAW account)
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 5: Go to http://www.KingdomsAtWar.com and click on the green "Play FREE now" button which will bring up a "New Player" tutorial.
    (If it brings up an account other than the "New Player tutorial" then this facebook was already linked and you will not be able to proceed with the following steps)
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 6: On the upper righthand side of the screen click "Link iPhone"
    (Do not worry, we are linking Mochi to Facebook, an iDevice is not required and no iPhone account will be harmed in this process, just click the button)
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 7: On the new screen click the button that says "Link My Account" under the "Mochi Games player" section.
    1. [​IMG]
    Step 8: Linking Complete. You will now be able to access the same account from either
    Mochigames at: http://www.kingdomsatwar.com/mochigames/play.html
    or Facebook at: http://www.kingdomsatwar.com/play
    When you see this screen you are all done.
    1. [​IMG]

Note: If you get a the following screen then the Facebook account you used was recognized by KAW as one already linked and you will not be able to link it manually. Repeat the above steps using a new Facebook Account or contact: Device_Transfers@AThinkingApe.com for assistance migrating your mochi account to Facebook.
    1. [​IMG]

10. Linking A Droid/Kindle to a PC

[​IMG]
    LINKING DROID/KINDLE TO A PC
    [​IMG]

Download and Install KAW on Kindle or Droid

On Main screen click the little Cogs "Gears" to go into settings.

Click Link to Facebook.

If you have an account already on that Facebook you will be given the choice to keep your Kindle account or your Facebook Account.

Chose the one you want to keep. It will be accessible from both Facebook and from Kindle/Droid

The Other Will Be Deleted!

Simple as that.

If you want to use Mochi instead of Facebook Only the Developers can make that link.
    eMail Device_Transfer@AThihnkingApe.com to make the request.

11. Transferring between iDevice & Droid/Kindle

[​IMG]
    TRANSFERRING BETWEEN IDEVICE & DROID/KINDLE
    [​IMG]

Link the Droid/Kindle to Facebook using the steps outlined above.
    Link the iDevice to the SAME Facebook using the steps outlined above.
    Now the Account will be accessible from all Devices (Facebook, Droid/Kindle, and iDevice)

To Complete the transfer send Feedback from the Device(s) you want de-linked.
    For example if you want the account to be on your Kindle only then send the following Feedbacks:
    Click Feedback on PC and say: Please unlink this account from my Facebook and make it accessible from my Kindle only.
    then
    Click Feedback on iDevice and say: Please unlink this account from my iDevice and make it accessible from my Kindle only.

If that all feels too Complicated you must ask the Developers to make the transfer:
    eMail Device_Transfer@AThihnkingApe.com to make the request.

Give them a great deal of detail as to what you want done to ensure there are no misunderstandings in what you desire.

12. SELLING / GIVING AWAY ACCOUNTS

[​IMG]
    SELLING / GIVING AWAY YOUR ACCOUNT
    [​IMG]
    A Thinking Ape does not recognize the transfer of Accounts to other persons.
    You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of your Account.
    Asking anyone to engage in account buying, selling, or trading in forums or in game (even in PM) is a violation of the terms of use.

People choosing to ignore the above assume 100% of the risk for their actions. ATA does not have to assist with account sales gone bad nor are they liable in any way for financial losses resulting from the sale/gifting of accounts or actions taken against accounts after they are sold/gifted.
    The verbage of the Terms of Use on this matter is intentionally strong in order to cover extreme cases. The developers are not interested in "hunting down" accounts that were sold or traded. They just want to make clear that they are not to be expected to support issues resulting from this activity.

WARNING: Your UDID is considers personal information. Providing others with your UDID or asking others for their UDID is against ATA's terms of use as well as Apple's terms of use. ANYONE asking for your UDID and promising special "in game services" in exchange for it is trying to steal your account. Block these users and report them immediately to a moderator or to Support@AThinkingApe.com.

13. Wow it really is a move to counter what was done to troll it seems. Sad. I hope that since they went this far that they unban troll. I dont wanna start a riot or even a debate. Don't ban me devs. I just miss my friend:( and all because he bought a tainted account:( damn you tbj you cheater

14. oooh TROLL!!!! i wonder where he went!!!!

15. id like to transfer my account uk--humpstaa--, perm items, xstals, nobs, speakers, etc...mainly the perm items, to UK--DiRtYwOrK--. i send emails regarding why. thanks alot for all your help

16. Can ya link/sync idevice and android? Or is it transfer only ?

17. I tried to send an email to the transfer service but it failed. Is there another i can send to

18. Bump for a question

19. if my android from my account is broke and my original account was on there not linked to facebook how do i transfer it to new android

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.