Player decrease

Ask questions and share your feedback.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Player decrease

Postby LordSavan on May 20 2019, 1:05pm

Lol, this game was never much to look at, even eight years ago. It was glitchy and had terrible war match ups. People cheat, promised changes took forever. But i could experience all of the above with my clanmates, the reason I stuck around. Devs need to make small clans feasible again.
LordSavan
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 10 2012, 9:27pm

Re: Player decrease

Postby ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS on May 22 2019, 9:33pm

Kasama wrote:Also what's your view on this player decrease?


Good question. It’s difficult to say without a clear view of Kaw’s performance metrics. At this point though, I think the devs are offering us a stale wash and rinse product. What was the last major game play change (not mechanics) that was implemented on KaW? I can only come up with EBs.

I think new players aren’t given much of an introduction when joining the game and have no real reason to stick around. There should be dedicated clans new players are placed in automatically after joining the game. They should be ran by ATA employees not volunteers. These employees would be responsible for teaching new players how the game works and help them grow.

With allies valued in the quads now, new players should automatically start out being valued at 100 billion. Volleying new players is painful. It’s slow and seems to lack interest from the established player base. This is relevant to your question because without the proper funding, new players can’t invest in their growth at a fast enough pace to feel like they’ve accomplished something. Feel defeated an hour after you started a new game and you won’t stick around for long.

I think we also have to consider what the devs have said about the game. When they started ATA, they set out to create a community based around a game and did an amazing job doing so. There are married couples who met on KaW. Hell, I know of a guy who drove from California to Kentucky to give a friend from KaW a computer because he needed it. That’s powerful stuff.

I think as friends and enemies leave the game or go inactive it becomes easier for an active player to feel disconnected and left with a void. They lose their connection to the social aspect of the game that keeps us coming back. Eventually they login less and less, ultimately going inactive for good.

What bothers me most is what seems like content from the devs to watch what they’ve built just dry up. They have a marketing department with titles like “Senior User Acquisition Manager” and “Performance Marketing Analyst” but I get the feeling this department isn’t focused on growing KaWs user base. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know because I don’t work there.

But I do know they knew they had problems with FC and GaW and let them go. It would be a shame to see the same fate for KaW.

So the question remains, what does ATA need to do to grow the player base and retain their community?
ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Jan 8 2011, 1:26am

Re: Player decrease

Postby Silent-Regurgance on May 22 2019, 10:51pm

Its in the name!kingdoms at war!no its not a war game anymore! The aspect of war disappeared and new players feel cheated by the very fact there is no war! A war rotation of a few system wars every day! No clan wars except for a few osw clans who mostly cant remember why they are fighting in the first place! Rewards for war are awful with zero support from devs or mods! Bad match ups in war will deter smalls from doing it the attitude of some who war deter new guys from doing it and the loss when you actually cast! We leave our clan mid eb and lose, gold and the chance of crestplates, we lose event items, we then war in a bad matchup and lose and get nothing...kingdoms at war no kingdoms that dont war! The war community needs to be better rewarded ! Better armour better everything! Make war better and kaw becomes better
Silent-Regurgance
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 28 2016, 9:32pm

Re: Player decrease

Postby -SaVy- on May 23 2019, 5:07pm

Apex wrote:
LordSavan wrote:This game needs clans to relevant again. The vast mojority of us old timers are here because qe joined the right clan long ago to support and get us growing. Now there is literally
nothing for a clan to do besides osw. No clan based ee, no clan based legends, players getting less plate drops by staying in there home clan... No incentive for clans to form to help new players.


This.[very true. Devs need to start reading all this information and ideas]
-SaVy-
 
Posts: 4
Joined: May 16 2011, 2:08pm

Re: Player decrease

Postby Xx-_-MysTerY-_-xX on May 24 2019, 5:20am

H3RO wrote:As all of you know there is a shortage of new players, we all know kaw is dying. Old players are leaving and as a community we understand that kaw has it's flaws for being a decade old. What can we do to increase kaws new player in come. By a few things. Ads on websites like moble gaming websites, blog pages, YouTube ads and so much more. Unfortunately our devs dont talk to us anymore, which is quite sad but understandable to a degree. In the next few years of kaws life span their won't be many players besides big spenders. It'd be a faction game with few clans and few players. It would become a alt battle. So as a normal player who's been around since I was 14, let's try and get kaws numbers up.
Thank you for reading
Community.
Xx-_-MysTerY-_-xX
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 11 2016, 5:05am

Re: Player decrease

Postby Grave on May 24 2019, 10:52am

Silent-Regurgance wrote:Its in the name!kingdoms at war!no its not a war game anymore! The aspect of war disappeared and new players feel cheated by the very fact there is no war! A war rotation of a few system wars every day! No clan wars except for a few osw clans who mostly cant remember why they are fighting in the first place! Rewards for war are awful with zero support from devs or mods! Bad match ups in war will deter smalls from doing it the attitude of some who war deter new guys from doing it and the loss when you actually cast! We leave our clan mid eb and lose, gold and the chance of crestplates, we lose event items, we then war in a bad matchup and lose and get nothing...kingdoms at war no kingdoms that dont war! The war community needs to be better rewarded ! Better armour better everything! Make war better and kaw becomes better




Completely vaild point, any player that finds kaw in an app store is expected a game focused almost solely on pvp, they Join, find its the opposite and stop playing .


It took me years too find out pvp in kaw even existed still, and that was when pvp was big and trash talk all over wc.

A simple potential fix would be too automatically take accounts into fourms on their first log in every day ,

If i was auto transported too forums even once in my first 3 years on kaw i wouldn't have spent those 3 years just smacking b2b tfo's and not even hearing the term OSW until midway through the first orange pvp event .
Grave
 
Posts: 2052
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: Player decrease

Postby Grave on May 24 2019, 10:59am

Kasama wrote:^My response to you is, questioning the legitimacy of newzoo.

I feel you typed into your search engine "mobile gaming is a billion dollar industry" and found the first article that supported your views.

I could do the same with less trustworthy sources.



I've also went through Google Scholar and haven't found articles relevant to this discussion, which sucks lmao

@grave
Grave wrote:You're pretending that high quality mobile games dont still reach 10+m players in months

Proof?

Kaw would never come close if released today, even if released 5 years ago

Maybe but who knows?

Base expectations for game quality are higher than what kaw can achieve at this point.

I don't know about this point.




Learn too admit when you are wrong

http://mediakix.com/mobile-gaming-indus ... #gs.dkkqwp

Over 10billion $ growth in revenue in each of the last two years

proof?



Check 'clean road' in the google play store, released last month, 10million downloads

And high quality? It has terrible graphics and is about driving a snow plow too clean a road.


10+ million since last month


Edit:
Grave
 
Posts: 2052
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: Player decrease

Postby chad_da_king on May 24 2019, 11:44am

I didnt read all the pages so sorry if this is covered but what we need is a way to encourage players to bring players in as well as rewarding those that actively help new players. Yes I'm one that helps ppl , i do it because i enjoy doing so but giving us a hard earned but meaningful reward for continued aid would propel us to push even harder. In doing so will increase our numbers. No way is completely unexploitable. The thaumdrake shards why not form another shard , awarded by devs / mods for our work?
chad_da_king
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Apr 16 2014, 4:29am

Re: Player decrease

Postby NiveousQueen on May 30 2019, 8:51pm

As you said, our developers don't communicate. They don't reciprocate our financial support with the player support that would make our beloved game worthwhile. KaW is dying.

I do not support any movements that might lure members of an unsuspecting public into taking part in this disaster, no matter how much misery loves company. Nearly every example given of ways to keep new players around in response to your plea requires active developers focused on improvement which is a resource we don't seem to have anymore. Bringing in a crowd of inevitably disappointed people wouldn't serve a purpose outside of increasing an already overwhelming slew of overpriced, inactive allies. The game has lost its value.

The die-hard players that remain stay for three reasons only...
1. Loyalty to friends they've made in the game.
2. Stubborn, misguided optimism that their purchases haven't been in vane because the Fairy KaW Mother may one day reignite the long dormant ambition that used to drive our developers.
3. Recognition that the game is dying & long established leading players and clans are leaving... This may give hope to some that if they just hang in there longer than the others, they might finally reach a rank worthy of their years of grueling effort. Too bad there'll be no one left to pat them on the back.

Bottom line is, no one really enjoys this game anymore. We are here because it's become a habit or a chore we dutifully perform. If you disagree with these statements, I envy your denial. Unless our developers really make some magic happen, then any drive portraying this game in such a positive light that it would actually convince a significant number of people to join would embody the term 'false advertising'.
NiveousQueen
 
Posts: 13
Joined: May 11 2019, 3:50am

Re: Player decrease

Postby Malfeasix_The-Holocaust-Daemon on May 31 2019, 6:04am

NiveousQueen wrote:As you said, our developers don't communicate. They don't reciprocate our financial support with the player support that would make our beloved game worthwhile. KaW is dying.

I do not support any movements that might lure members of an unsuspecting public into taking part in this disaster, no matter how much misery loves company. Nearly every example given of ways to keep new players around in response to your plea requires active developers focused on improvement which is a resource we don't seem to have anymore. Bringing in a crowd of inevitably disappointed people wouldn't serve a purpose outside of increasing an already overwhelming slew of overpriced, inactive allies. The game has lost its value.

The die-hard players that remain stay for three reasons only...
1. Loyalty to friends they've made in the game.
2. Stubborn, misguided optimism that their purchases haven't been in vane because the Fairy KaW Mother may one day reignite the long dormant ambition that used to drive our developers.
3. Recognition that the game is dying & long established leading players and clans are leaving... This may give hope to some that if they just hang in there longer than the others, they might finally reach a rank worthy of their years of grueling effort. Too bad there'll be no one left to pat them on the back.

Bottom line is, no one really enjoys this game anymore. We are here because it's become a habit or a chore we dutifully perform. If you disagree with these statements, I envy your denial. Unless our developers really make some magic happen, then any drive portraying this game in such a positive light that it would actually convince a significant number of people to join would embody the term 'false advertising'.


So much of this is true, especially the last part. KaW is a habit. I play because I've been playing for nearly 7 years. There is no real fun. Part of me hopes the game shuts down so that I can find a new game, with devs that care and WANT to make a good gaming experience.

Full support to ANYTHING that could save this sad sack of crap though.
Malfeasix_The-Holocaust-Daemon
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 10 2013, 10:33pm

PreviousNext

Return to Questions/Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests