Are Charms/Rewards Good for KaW?

Ask questions and share your feedback.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Are Charms/Rewards Good for KaW?

Postby Hey-Mango on Oct 4 2018, 5:25pm

Before charms, I had a collection of useless equipment. That collection grew and grew as events passed. The developers decided to change this by allowing us to turn the unused equipment into charms. The problem is they also introduced rewards, which operate similarly to charms in that they provide a small amount of stats per item. We can also trade our rewards and charms, which means stats can grow further and further. Ultimately, any new player who has no idea of how the game is played will suffer and struggle where they wouldn’t have before this update came along.

Tell me (and the devs) how you feel about charms. Support? Why? No support? Why? Thank you for your time.
Hey-Mango

Re: Are Charms/Rewards Good for KaW?

Postby Owl on Oct 4 2018, 5:51pm

charms are bad
Owl

Postby Toast on Oct 4 2018, 6:29pm

Problematic wrote:charms are bad

Would you say they are....problematic?

As an eb fairy, charms are okay. Greatly changed the dynamic of pvp/wars. They added a new collector element to the game, along with furniture. As a casual eb fairy, I do like having tangible, colorful things to collect and/or hope for (like chest drops and maxing eq to transmute).

From a competitive standpoint (the important standpoint for many players), I don't have much personal input because I've never been a terribly competitive KaWer.
Toast

Postby _-lI-The_AppIe_of_my_Pie-lI-_ on Oct 4 2018, 8:22pm

Charms are bad. Will devs fix these flaws? Probably not. They're in to deep and people are paying for them so they will probably forever be part of the game. If, however, devs see this, then I vote to remove them entirely. :D
_-lI-The_AppIe_of_my_Pie-lI-_

Postby Hey-Mango on Oct 4 2018, 8:23pm

_-lI-The_AppIe_of_my_Pie-lI-_ wrote:Charms are bad. Will devs fix these flaws? Probably not. They're in to deep and people are paying for them so they will probably forever be part of the game. If, however, devs see this, then I vote to remove them entirely. :D

Okay!
Hey-Mango

Postby DE0XYS on Oct 5 2018, 12:24am

It really depends how you play the game

Me, myself am an all round player, I enjoy hitting ebs, osw, ee wars and most of all trading. I’m always trading, I’m always in world chat, always in clan etc etc.

Before trading was introduced I was getting bored of the game, I quit several times.
Trading was released and I’ve been more active than I’ve ever been before.

It’s introduced a new area for players to experience and explore that’s for sure.

Now, the bad side (personally I’m too bothered, I’ve got used to it) is the war side of things with charms and rewards. I’ve been in wars when one account has beeeeefffed up with a lot of charms and is untouchable (and is usually the account that single handily wins the war)
I can see why players are getting frustrated but also what you have to understand is, most games are pay to win and that’s exactly what these accounts are doing.

What I personally do not like is charm farmers, they’re putting billions and billions into the market, saturating rare charm prices etc etc. But that can be talked about elsewhere.

I’ve noticed devs have started making changes to try and sort something out in regards to charm stats with the recent chest update (having a huge stat charm that you can only have 1 per showcase) pm me if you don’t understand

I just think they need to include charm stats into war match ups and try to keep everyone happy, introduce new types of charm, new types of equips, certain charm upgrades and more war types to keep everyone happy.
DE0XYS

Postby TwilightAssassin on Oct 5 2018, 2:38am

For wars especially, charms, or the way they aren’t counted in stats for the match ups, are bad. I think all that devs would have to do to balance out charms, and therefore all the problems that come with them, is to make all the stat bonuses 0.1x what they currently are. ie when you transmute they keep 1% of stats not 10%.

This would balance out wars a bit more whilst not removing an income source for the devs. Win win if you ask me.
TwilightAssassin

Postby Hey-Mango on Oct 6 2018, 9:33pm

Do people still bump? Bump.
Hey-Mango

Postby gray-ts on Oct 7 2018, 7:53am

Charms should be UNTRADEABLE.
gray-ts

Postby DE0XYS on Oct 7 2018, 8:34am

gray-ts wrote:Charms should be UNTRADEABLE.

I said this before. A dev commented on one of my thread about whether or not they should be traded. My response was indeed a no (even though I’m always trading and enjoy it, I explained how easily abused it would be)

If charms are now made untradable now then there is no way for people to catch up to the people who have stacked them up.
DE0XYS

Next

Return to Questions/Feedback