Problems with recent event equipment, charms, and rewards

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Biyamiti, Apr 8, 2018.

1. I have been seeing some strange things over the last several months with equipment. So I decided to run some tests on the problems I have seen. In addition I ran some testing on charms, rewards, and furnishing to document how effective all of these things really are.

Here is the account i used to test:

[​IMG]

It has only a castle and barracks, so attack is 3,010,000 in raw stats, or 60,200 in CS terms. Given the low stats it makes it easy to isolate and observe the difference other changes in testing. To begin testing I also removed all equipment, furnishings, and charms, and rewards from the account. So the only attack is the castle and barracks. The account has no bfa at the time of the test, only an ally with 0 attack stats.

[​IMG]

All of the following tests were performed across multiple eb's for PVE testing and multiple other accounts for PVP testing. The results across pve and pvp were similar to what I will show below, however to keep things simple I will only show the results from testing on Origins.

Here is the first result from attacking Origins, with no equipment, no charms or rewards, and no furnishings as shown above.

[​IMG]

Results are as expected, the account barely succeeds, causing 39 damage as 3m attack is only barely enough to attack this epic battle.

Next I equipped one piece of equipment from an event earlier in 2017.

[​IMG]

It has 152,551,440 attack, or in CS terms 3,051,029 (152.5m/50). Then I attacked Origins again, with the results shown below:

[​IMG]

Again, results are as expected. The massive attack increases the damage caused to 334.

Next I unequipped that piece of equipment, and equipped a new set of equipment, one through previous testing I had discovered problems with. Here is that set of equipment:

[​IMG]

This set of equipment has nearly 1.4b attack (27.7M in CS). A massive increase from the previous example above. Here are the results from attacking Origins with this set:

[​IMG]

Only 38 damage caused - almost exactly the same as the damage with nothing equipped at all. This same result was achieved with multiple accounts against multiple ebs and pvp, where this set of equipment failed to perform as you would expect.

Why does this set of equipment not perform? I can't say other than my theory that there is a code error by the developers. I have tested numerous pieces of equipment, and the common theme between those that perform as expected and those that don't seem to do anything is that equipment release post Black Friday (roughly) seem to be ineffective and those released before then all seem to work. Equipment that is ineffective vs eb's was also ineffective in pvp (results not shown for the sake of brevity).

I have sent feedback to the developers on this matter and they have chosen to ignore. They don't seem to care.

Next I tested furnishings. Again furnishings were tested with multiple accounts, multiple different furnishings, both vs pve and pvp. However, I again will only share the results vs origins for the sake of simplicity and brevity. Results gave the same conclusion across testing.

Here I have one furnishing equipped:

[​IMG]

A 300,000 banner is equipped in this example. No other furnishings, equipment, charms, rewards are present. Here are the results:

[​IMG]

Slightly better than with no furnishing or equipment, as expected. Additional furnishings were added (3,950,000) with results below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, results as expected with increased damage. All furnishings tested also helped in pvp (results not shown).

Next I tested rewards. There were 59m attack in the rewards for this test:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No noticeable difference from the original test with no equip/charms.

*Update - Rewards do appear to be effective in both PVE and PVP, however there can be a lag on transfer before they are effective. A later test resulted in damage of ~400 vs Origins.

Finally, the rewards were transferred from the account and charms were transferred to the acocunt and tested. This test had 397.97m in charms.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, there was no significant difference from the result with no equipment or charms.

Conclusions:

1. There seems to be an issue with equipment released after Black Friday (roughly). It does not provide any benefit in PVE or PVP.
    2. Furnishing do appear to work as expected, providing increased attack in both PVE and PVP.
    3. Rewards provide benefit in PVE and PVP.
    4. Charms do not appear to provide any benefit in PVE or PVP, they only look pretty in your showcase.

Again, I've only shown the PVE results here, if I have time and feel like it, I'll show some of the pvp results sometime later.

Also, I did limited testing on spy attack, defense and spy defense with results consistent to what I've found above.

The results related to charms, and rewards were not surprising to me, I, along with most people know that charms were not actually impacting results for quite some time. But the problem with equipment was particularly troublesome.

I invite people to perform their own tests for your own confirmation.

Additionally, please send feedback to the developers so they can correct the issue with recent equipment, charms and rewards. Equipment, charms and rewards should actually impact results, otherwise why have stats associated with them? So far developers have made no attempt to address these problems. Perhaps this really is finally the end of Kingdoms at War.

2. This is actually awful

3. Dissapointing

4. A thread actually about a real game issue... Almost a guarantee the devs will try to ignore it. Sad.

5. Lets hope people take notice- a lot of effort went into testing. The devs dangle event equipment with the hope people hit to achieve it. They should make sure it works as advertised.

6. Could always spam help tickets, or if a large amount of people spam support tickets

7. I’v heard many people complain about the new equipment as well. I think the devs should look into this.

8. Considering the only thing these repetative events are for is the equip and charms, its not asking the world for them to function.

9. The equipment did help me in hitting the EB.
    I came back a couple months ago after a 2.5 year break so I had incredibly outdated equipment.
    I couldn't attack (troops) the EB without using pots, after a couple of events I got enough equipment where I no longer needed it.

10. Correct Wolf, there are several pieces of equipment that are still functioning properly that are helping you attack the eb's.

Currently, you are wearing 7 pieces of equipment that are ineffective:
    Hands - Cosair's Gauntlets 135.2m attack
    Off Hand - Pistol Crossbow 101.6m
    Trinket - Red Meridian 142.4m
    Ring - Priestess Ring 162.7m
    Ring - Mother Superior's Ring 197.8m
    Arms - Ighir Leather Vambraces 56.5m

*attack stats only

Total of ineffective equipment you have equipped at this moment is 849.2m attack. Unequip them all and attack the eb, you'll notice no difference in results as if you had them equipped.

You have 5 pieces of equipment that are still effective:
    Weapon - Blade of the Procession 459.8m
    Boots - Unkari Archer Boots 80.5m
    Legs - Witchfinder Blest Greaves 80.4m
    Body - Lendmanns Bryst 71.8m
    Shoulders - Omenar Dwarfruned 252.1m

These 5 pieces are still effective and total 944m attack. Unequip these 5 pieces pieces and equip the 7 shown above and attack the eb. Since you're a hansel, the results will be obvious vs tougher eb's like GOTH and LOTL.

944m and 850m are roughly close - but you'll notice a stark difference in results between the 2 sets.

11. I am very interested in wolfofkawstreet findings if he bothers to test.

12. Rewards work you're wrong about that other than spot on. Fix your game devs it's beyond ridiculous. I see kaw going the same way as smash in the very near future so many bugs.

13. I've just tested your hypothesis and I can see with a high degree of certainty that you're absolutely spot on. Some of the equipment DOES NOT actually seem to deal more damage to the EB when equipped.

Just did, OP is right.

14. Bump, will be posting specifics later today

15. Great posts Biyamiti. We all know devs have always been incompetent in implementing code. It’s always been bad but now it’s a constant problem.

16. This would surely explain why I've been having trouble lately hitting goth with my alt. I've slowly been changing to newer equipment as it had better stats, but i've been having more and more fails when troops have been low.

17. After Black Friday, when sales are the highest in game, nothing works as intended after that? Sounds fishy to me. Coincidence? I think not!

We should report ATA to the BBB or whatever the Canadian version of that is.

18. Nice testing. Seems pretty conclusive. ☹️

19. Agreed. I now fail 1 hit per full unload on Goth. I never had an issue until I started replacing old event equip with new equip that shows to have higher attack stats.

20. Excellent post - great initiative, and thank you for putting in the time to put this together.

Now I guess there needs to be a list somewhere about the pre / post Black Friday '17 equipment, so that people can hold onto their best pre BF equip and not transmute.