Charms or Harms

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by R0X3Y, Oct 5, 2017.

1. So recently the devs releases these fantastic charms into the game. Transmute your old, useless equipment and get some cool new 2% extra strength, bonus charm thingies. Hooray!
    Everyone is stripping alts, or farming for charms, or hiring allies for charms, or giving access to premium ebs for charms. Ok cool, good on ya to those that can afford it.

Then there are those who are charging real money for charms. Some per whole showcase, and other's a set rate per 100m in charms. Like these couple of fellas:

So here's me thinking...wtf? Isnt that against ToU? Lets have a look:

Oh wow, what do you know?! It is.

So off I go on my moral high horse to the old useless feedback tab:

Well damn. Really? So much concern eh?

So I know we've been wanting to do something with these old piece's of equipment forever, but based on these pm's, I'm not sure this is it. What would be a fix? Do we just ignore it and deal with it? You be the judge.

2. I have had people offer me to paypal them for charms in pm

3. As constructive as you two muppets make think you're being, you're really not. Go try hard elsewhere

4. I don't think the devs care about the exploits this brought into play. I saw a few passionate posts about it on the main thread during release and ATA didn't say a word.

If anyone's noticed, the smallest iWar bracket already has a ton of accounts farming wars to get the event items. Players are stripping alts, using multiple alts to make extra items from events for that extra charm boost. As with most of these things, ATA stays silent.

About charm sales for real money, just like account sales it's going to happen behind the curtains. ATA will turn a blind eye to it too. Ice tails and ASW plates seem to fetch the most.

5. Much respect to Ty .Not many people have the courage to expose people being dodgey and put themselves at the risk of hate.

6. Everyone knows this has been going on since release of this update . Someone sold 9 B in charms for 750 USD. It's not a secret...what do you think people mean by charms open for sale pm for offers

7. Go tell em, Ty.  Expose them all.

8. There are way to many to expose them all. Lol
    Theoretically, Trading charms for circles and seals is the same thing aswell. The only difference is it's in game premium cash.
    But people draw a line because 'it's' different
    --------------------------------------
    You bought the premium items with RL cash, in one way or another. So when you buy Charms for seals/circles you are basically buying for RL cash.

Free nobs systems don't work. You didn't get it from there without spending or consistently falsifying the information you provide, since fyber shares info with everyone, so information only works once every 30 days.

ATA knows this. It's their game. They know everything that goes on. To state they don't is idiotic. Users are protected in certain circumstances (privacy related).

Its like the FBI/NASA recording your texts/emails. They know what you are doing/where you are and possibly what you will do, but they can't enact upon that because it violates privacy.

9. Whole point is, this new trading bs is exploitable and isn't that supposed to be avoided??
    And even so, the devs aren't getting a piece of it if charms are being sold via PayPal.
    Devs should just change the trading system. But whatever. Why would they listen

10. Leaked video of Lady Ash in action the other day in that third party room..

*On a serious *Snickers* note..

Dear devs,

Pwlease get in on the action fast! I implore you.. as a freebie player who likes to macroeconomically mooch off the wales floating you, I would not want their blubber to be spent elsewhere.. afterall we do need the game with awesome functions and features to keep going!!! M’kay

11. You get me, Ashes. What would I do without you?

12. Devs knew it could happen by making BFE tradable commodity

Now we will see the same thing that happened to every remotely popular game that allows trading

Chinese gaming companies that hire people to play games (for few dollars a month) to collect game gold or other tradable items on behalf of the company to be sold to the community of the game for incredible profits

"Chinese gold farmers" as they are affectionately called

If you search buying game gold you will find millions of sites dedicated to providing you with game gold and tradable items for ALL your favorite mmo games where trading is allowed

13. I had someone in my pm wanting to PayPal me for charming pictures, does that count?

14. Not sure what you're trying to demonstrate with a screenshot of support saying they will investigate, but to clear up any doubts you might have:

1. Yes, advertising non-game currency transactions in public channels will result in action being taken on your account (and any related accounts if you're trying to be sneaky with an alt).
    2. No, we currently do not take action if those conversations take place in PM.

I know trading is new to KaW and this behaviour can seem scary, but black market deals are not new to us (been dealing with this business in PimD for years) and are certainly not new to online games that allow trade. They suck, particularly because more often than not the person that suffers is the player who gave some money to a stranger online that has no obligation to follow through with their deal.

Yes and no. Of course we have a record of everything, but we don't monitor private conversations for a lot of reasons (one being that I couldn't care less what you all ramble on about). That being said, if a matter was serious enough to warrant it we can and would intervene.

lol

Basically! We will keep a pretty close eye on it and will shutdown any operations if they ever arise. In the mean time some advice to everyone: The vast majority of real money offers are scams. If you could walk out your door, ask for $100, and every 10th time get it, would you? A big part of these black markets existing is the presence of those that fall victim to them.

Snoop don't show anyone your charms.

15. People enjoy spending money on things they dont need and that dont really matter. Consumerism and Capitalism at its finest. Encouraging no?

16. "To our discretion"

17. So based on that reply you dont care what your own tou says; unless it becomes an issue. Bendable to however you see fit. I could make $1000's off this before I get "shut down". Thanks for the secondary income guys

18. Anyone trading charms for flamingo RP message me