What is the goal?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by SecretKiller, Jun 1, 2017.

1. I have played this game for years and there been a lot of potential thrown out. My only question is when will devs change the game name to Kingdoms Building.

When I asked devs why they decided we needed new lands, their response was that the lb were getting bored and needed some thing to do.

This means that many LB are not warring, they are just sitting and farming epic battles. Now as you guys know in the app store they say this app is hardcore PvP and yet I see none besides the few who war for rewards. So how can devs promote a way game that has no real warring? How can LB get bored if they aren't even playing the game as intended. I saw LB players crying they would quit without constant new lands and yetthey never warred or anything.

Another issue lands bring is with every new land players feel farther and farther away from the top players, they quit trying and they stop spending. A few years ago I would easily have dropped a few hundred on this game, today I wouldn't even drop $10. As devs push players farther apart people stop warring, caring, and spending.

My question is where does it end? When does the game go from building and tapping to fighting? When are people big enough? I feel like these things need to be answered and just fyi I'm not complaining. I'm just asking questions that most are to afraid to ask

2. I think the developers advertise it as a pvp app because it's the players choice. If they choose to do pvp, then technically, for that player, this is a pvp app. If not, then that's their choice.

Under classifications, I'm assuming any app that allows pvp can be called "hardcore pvp".... I mean, if the devs of pimd wanted to, they could advertise "PIMD: Hardcore PvP"....

3. You had me at "potential."

I believe this game was a project intended to display the resumes of the developers so they could work for Google or Microsoft or whatever.

Now they're making big $$$ off kids in Texas who have loads of $$$ from drug hauling to burn on iTunes gift cards and whatever phone game they can find that lets them use a VPN with a server in some obscure country that is not friendly to police from the US.

I say this from my experience in a private Discord server I was invited to where gun runners were crawling out of the woodwork showing off with little mp4 uploads saying "kingdoms at war, <username>" and then showing off a stack of $50k in hundred dollar bills. However, it wasn't exactly kingdoms at war, but another phone game (can't say because it'd be advertising).

It is ridiculous how prevalent crime industries are in the US: human trafficking, child prostitution, and all those criminals are spending their illegal money on iTunes gift cards to play games on their phone because they're afraid of people and afraid of being caught if they go buy a brand new Ferrari although they've been unemployed for the past 10 years.

Trump knows this, and mark my words, he's gonna get ya.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
    (was I spoken like a true 50% of the ignorant masses, Hillary supporters?)

4. LOL I like you. And I don't like many people in forums :)

5. I'd lay off the meth if I was you.

6. Paraphrasing, I'm sure.

I think Cloud watches too many crime dramas.

7. I'm having trouble holding my phone because I'm double fisting beers because this post is so good

8. It's up to the players to decide how they want to play the game, devs are just providing the players with the ability to play their way and to feel like they're progressing in the game.

As for players feeling like they're left behind. IMO it doesn't matter how far ahead the mods and BC players are because they largely aren't effected by each other. The feeling of being left behind is in your head.

Also lands are only being released yearly(from my understanding) BC players are getting BC in less than a year, giving all the other players that extra time to catch up.

Why should a player that's 1 year old be able to catch someone that 7 years

9. The LB has always been more about growing than fighting. Its unsustainable to be on the lb and keep track of your allies if they can constantly be stripped etc you'll drop real quick on the lb. But I digress, I do understand where op is coming from

10. For me its not about catching up with the LB and standing with them, its about at least being able to make it half or 3/4ths of the way before new lands come out which is impossible to do without shelling out hundreds of dollars. By the time majority of people finish Osmon Rai and start Deepmines there will already be another land out, restarting the endless cycle.

11. According to the FaQs, the point of the game is:
    "In Kingdoms at War you work to become the most powerful kingdom by exploring lands, building your kingdom up, and sending your troops into battle as they face both epic battle bosses and real players in all out war". I'm pretty sure you can still do that, so there is still a point to the game

12. I think if the devs thought size doesn't matter they would factor it out of reward & ranking systems...clearly they want people to chase the dragon but do little to help maintain a competitive feel to the game that makes it worth chasing if u're outside of the top cpl 100 players or spenders. I don't believe time played should give u a boost... it should be about how much effort you put in currently & therefore lb rankings should be reset more often based on say monthly efforts rather than your efforts over the whole time kaw has been around.

13. Everyone has different goals

The top 50 mostly just want to get thru another 15 minutes without being stripped

Top 100 probably just want to be seen on top 50 and not get stripped in the next 15 minutes

I don't know anyone has figured out how to win or lose osw yet, so there are lots of people working on that, it's fun to just fight

Looking at your build I would say you are LB too, if I am in top 2000 overall, I think you are not far behind at least in top 5k for sure

What are your goals though?

If it's to be #1 forget it, find yourself a better goal or start dropping fist full of credits

Top players are top players because the community allows it, it takes a few minutes to strip allies and clear all the gold, in 1 coordinated attack

It don't matter how much gold anyone has it takes the same amount of actions to clear all the gold

I'm sure you know this

Figure out your goal and work on it

14. Game reflects life, just as in life you have goals, if an issue arises that interferes with you reaching your goal you have two choices, fight or flight. If you choose fight you adapt and overcome, if you choose flight then keep on running.

15. Oboi where to start

My dude, you can always war. You can war whenever you want at whatever level of buildings you want. Id have been full build for the past 4 years if I wasn't so obessesed with PVP and now that I'm trying to grow I'm so much weaker (and unwilling to spend money) that it takes a very long time.

So now that we've covered warring, my next point- where the game is going.

The moment the devs brought in HTE and ROTWB they changed how the game is played. From what was once a great free to play and free to win (in terms of spending) has been transformed into a free to play but a pay to win game.

The paid ebs pay too well for the game to continue as a hybrid game of free to play free to win and is now pay to win.
    You want to do well in this game? You have to burn money.
    And looking deeper into that I think it is clear the reason the devs did this is they're done with this game. This game is behind the time with all other phone games. The restrictions games had back when kaw was made are not around anymore.
    Kaw gave the devs the income they needed to make better games and with the significantly improved technology phones can run on, there's no need for the devs to beat a dead horse and keep trying to improve kaw.
    I strongly believe the devs only support this game because of the vast wealth being poured into this game by devoted players.

The goal for kaw is to make money for athinkingape until it stops making money. At that point it will be shut down like gangs at war and future combat.