Learning your Devs

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by _ZE_Castiel_MP_, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Haha, I definitely wouldn't say famous. And we hire talented people, though many of them do have awesome life stories of their own.

I actually found out about them through a series of video ads they were running in the elevator of the building I live in. There were a few with trivia questions related to tech where you could win small prizes, but the one that stood out to me was an ad composed entirely of cat gifs.

I definitely agree with the current one. Out of all of the ones we've had, she's clearly the most likely to win in battle.

Again, I think it would be giving players more options to communicate with each other. Right now there's a lot of people on third party chat apps, and so I think we're lacking in that area.

Weekends are entirely random, though I do love sleeping in.
    Weekdays I tend to stay up fairly late, 2am+ and get up at 9 to start work at 10.

I can't say I can really think of any off the top of my head... what's yours?

You know it!

In the Story Discussion Thread for The Farmer's Journey.

Daily routines will vary a lot between each person based on their role and team. In my case it's catching up on the community through forums, social media, and feedback first. Followed by responding to any escalated support emails that need my assistance, working with moderators, and briefing the team on what's going on. Beyond that it tends to also vary on what's going on, either getting event posts ready, creating social media content, or sharing feedback on upcoming/past events, content, etc.

While we try not to take work home with us (meaning working overtime or late into the night) some people do work from home at times if there's something critical they need to get done. The office itself is accessible 24/7, though we tend to stick to daytime hours with the exception of support who has their schedules setup to offer quicker service.

In cases of emergencies we're basically on call and work to get things resolved as soon as possible.

I... I ate them.

Shhhh.

2. Wait. So ATA runs ads? Since when?
    In a more serious matter why don't you guys actually run ads on other games for kaw?
    Also how come you randomly started talking in forums after being very quiet for a while?

3. The ads I saw in the elevator that made me apply weren't for the games themselves, but rather for A Thinking Ape as a means of finding new talent and getting brand recognition here in Vancouver.

As for ads, our User Acquisition Team does indeed run a variety of ads for all of our games in addition to other campaigns. Having said that, there's definitely a business side to things and with each ad campaign we run we have to determine if it's effective enough to continue with. It's quite easy to spend a ton of money on advertising and get nothing out of it.

As for talking, I've been working at making more time available to interact with all of you here. Plus, as of right now it's a quiet Sunday evening so I felt like popping by :)

4. Dear KaW_Community,

How's your fantasy football team?/Is there an ATA fantasy league?

Also, who's your favourite moderator?

Thanks,
    -Narwhal

5. Same song and dance kc :smile:

6. They didn't lock me up...I just have no place to go... ;_;

7. I miss you, creative.

8. Kaw_comm,

Does the ATA team have any plans in order to bring in more newer players and make the initial starting process smoother for them? Perhaps try increasing the initial start price from 10k to 1m?

Also any news on your new game chunky wars or is that still in the initial stages?

9. Kaw comm,

Why didn't spragga destroy you along with the rest of us?

Regards,
    Dekta

10. This is why. He was so shocked that your name is actually Dekta, and Delta, he simply no longer wanted to live anymore.

11. I'm actually not much of a sports fan so I don't have a fantasy team. I'm sure some here at the office do though.

We're definitely working to bring in new players and increasing the length of time they stick around and play for. I know some of you may not like events, but they do actually keep people around for longer which is a good start. Beyond that we do advertise and evaluate progression, which led to our starter promo implemented some time back.

As for Chunky Wars, short of knowing that the team behind it is still working away on it I don't have much to share at the moment.

Maybe I AM Spragga :O

12. ;D

13. Maybe you aren't Spragga.

14. I am pretty sure corinathan is kaw_community.
    Have not read the whole thread so could have been already mentioned. :)

15. Darn, hard to argue with that logic.

16. Agreed.

Petition to allow paedo moon emoji on forums. So vital.

17. maybe kaw creative is a chick

18. Oh my god, I laughed so hard at this!

Creative can appear when you least expect it! :lol:

19. Oh god, I think I heard him in my head. I think I may be going insane. Save me from this torment :cry:

20. Kaw_com i keep getting a 404 error when i try to create a thread can u please release a fix!