Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. Hope the mods will start receiving a paycheck cause y'all about to get your asses worked off

2. Like it isn't obvious that it was posted by kaw in the first place I hardly ever see kaw making forums

3. I support, but the first few days will be rough for ignorant people :?

4. Ah meisha I totally agree there are a fair few who use it... But just imagine a spam empty WC with actual conversations happening? It would revolutionise the way we make new friends.

5. We are hoping that people can get most of it under control as it rolls out. :)

6. Then we need to be able to view wc history say 10 mins back to be safe that we're abiding the rules because admins can't control everyone who sends ads out nor can they effectively monitor it. This is going to result in a lot of unfair silences. How about having a warning pop up informing you x amount of ads have been posted for your clan and continuing will result in silencing. Also does this apply for identical ads or anything that mentions a clan?

7. He made the "New Moderators" thread also,
    http://forum.kingdomsatwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=135575
    But yes he does not make threads often.

8. That sounds like a good idea if it could be implemented. It refers to similar ads mentioning the same clan also.

9. Yeah ace, because most clans are owned by th responsible and mature kind of human beings

10. Just so people realize, this thread isn't a suggestion or a question, its not asking what you think of this being implemented. It is being implemented.
    Feel free to ask questions pertaining to the introduction of the new rule and we will try to have everything cleared up and explained before it goes live.

11. I could see this be a game destroyer or a lifesaver. We'll find out soon enough

12. Just be sure to post "ad out" in your respective CC. Should make it pretty easy to see if any have been sent recently.

13. Should be just 1 or be best is ya can only post one every 1 minute

14. How exactly will it be implemented? Will the mods just have to train their eyes to watch out for this now :?:

15. Ha ha ha, I can see this going belly up. "I got perm silenced for posting an add! I didn't realise I was clan spanning!! You better reverse it nasty devs or I'll sue!!!" x 1000

16. plenty of room for conversation in forums and it's almost entirely garbage. at least ads serve a purpose.

17. I don't think this rule could be bad in anyway. Thank you devs :)!!

18. Thanks for the clarification Acetown because I'm sure people will try to just change up the ads if they don't properly understand the rule

19. We are already trained in the art of spam killing.