~Art Competition~

Discussion in 'Fan Creations' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, Aug 12, 2015.

1. KaW Artist Competition

Hellur,

Been on a hiatus. Going to redo this event:

Have you ever looked around KaW/The app store pictures and thought, "I can do way better than those apes?" Well, now is your chance to prove it! Enter into this competition that will be under the ever so watchful eye of the red people.

[title2]How this will work[/title2]

Once sign up ends, I will message those signed who signed-up for each category. After a week and a half, you will submit your work into me and I will give it to a panel of mostly unknown judges to review. They will evaluate the submissions and a majority vote will cut those least favored. Then the final three in each category will have a thread, made my me, placed in Fan Creations and players will then be able to vote in the voting link provided.

Categories

Draw your best representation of one of the three names I will provide later.

1. Equipment drawing- Draw a piece of equipment that isn't in use right now.

2. The Arkosa competition- Draw a better load screen

3. Epic battle revamp - Draw an EB already in use in your own style.

4. The Mage - Draw your representation of the Mage.

[title2]Rules and guidelines[/title2]

1. Submissions must be new, original work that has not been previously published.

2. All submissions must be received on 8/25/15. Sign ups start now. Wall me and I'll get right to you!

3. Submissions will be judged upon their clarity, accuracy, and relevance to the instructions.

4. You can submit for any and every category, but, can only submit one piece.

5. Finalists will be notified via PM.

6. Winners will be determined by majority player vote.

7. Only I and the Devs will know who drew what as to keep the judges impartial.

8. In no way can you give yourself out that you did anything in this competition.

9. Blah, blah.

10. Have fun!

[title2]Criticism[/title2]

1. You should attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your target says, “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way."

2. You should list any points of agreement.

3. You should mention anything you have learned from your target.
    Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

4. Describing the work, assume the audience has not and will not view the piece and that you are the sole mediator for their understanding of it's formal qualities.

5. Evaluating the work. This is, perhaps, the most difficult critical task, yet it is usually the one to which most people skip when criticizing a work of art.

To thoughtfully evaluate a work of art, you must determine what your criteria are for judging its relative worth or effectiveness. Only you can provide this information.

Explain why you feel the way you do. "Thumbs up" or "thumbs down" will not cut it.

And remember, you do NOT want to criticize to the point that the creator gives up or is ashamed of his/her own writing. Be respectful.

Prizes -

2. But I already submitted my sword to the other!

Also, the new sword arkose has looks exactly like it, and I drew mine before the new loading page was designed.

3. One of the 4 names*

4. Regives

5. where do we submit it

6. Email, third party app. UPS. Or just to my castle.

Don't wear bacon cologne. My dragons like that.

7. Well crap then. My Hugo Boss Baconé Deluxe is a part of me.

8. Can we do it in minecraft form too

9. Can we design it in Photoshop or does it have to be hand drawn? Sorry if it was in the op I didn't see it

10. I would say this is allowed, and since I am soon commandeering this thread, it's allowed.

However rules do apply.

You may photoshop, but no plagiarism. No using copywrited images. I'm not sure how I feel about premade paintbrushes at this time.