Make A Good Thread Day

Discussion in 'Fan Creations' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, May 10, 2015.

1. It is that time again. We must purge out all threads that don't meet the requirements to be in AT. How do we do that?

Make A Good Thread day

Make a good thread day is a day in which high-quality threads are made by forumers. Do you need to be known? No. Do you need to be good at making a thread? No. Anyone can enter MGTD. And if you feel like you want to, but, feel like you won't do so well, message me. I'll be your crutch.

With that being said, MGTD sign ups are now open. There will be no sign up link for this event. Just wall and follow me to sign up. I will stamp your wall with an official seal of some sort. If you'd like to judge, follow me. Are you a troll? If not, do you want to be? Follow me. I can use your help.

*Third party room will be given on request
    And before you guys go into it:

#SelfPinsBeforeFrogHits
    #ModsDontLock
    #AjYuNoEffort
    #Hypocrite
    #TakeYourOwnAdvice
    #TheIronyIsStrong
    #NoSupport
    #TL;DR
    *Edit*
    #NeedMoarPictures

Did I miss one?

2. AshesOfEden
    LovelyDenial
    Kezzer1995
    Moody
    Killzone
    Rusted
    Badbrobot

3. Hmmm... I already posted my good thread for the week...

4. Why does this need a day?

5. Have about five days of sign ups and 2-3 days to make the thread :p

6. It doesn't need a day. But, as you can tell, the quality of the forums has gone down. Why not have a day of good foruming in place of a few good ones every week or so eh?

7. Why does it need a sign up?

8. The way it was done before, participants signed up and were given different times of the day to post. Instead of having a "insert choice words" it'd be good to have everything happening at different times.

Lets say 3 would post @ 7am PST. Then another at 10am PST.

These times would focus around when the forums are busiest.

9. You forgot #inb4needmorepictures

10. Define "good", do you mean good as in how long it is. Good as in who posts it. Good as in who reads it.

11. Has it?
    Not quite sure about it while browsing the moment's AT.
    And the there certainly are pro and cons for having a mass of decent threads swarming the forum on a single day opposed to a more time spaced diffusion. But no right solution...

As Rusted, I asked myself why a signup was needed?
    I know that the historical event did ask for it in the past, but is it needed?
    I remember being invited in the past (at least 2 years ago) to "judge" forum threads from a third party room to promote some high quality threads.

Nice to see such incentives to forum quality slowly coming back.

12. Edited OP.

With my experience with forums, I've noticed the quality of threads fluctuates at times. You're right in a sense of there is no solution. This is just my way of trying to fix the problem. I see no harm in it.

Does there need to be judges? Does there need to be a set time to post high-quality threads? No. But, I choose to do it simply because I can lol.

This is my fix to a problem that I have watched and somewhat aided over the last year or so.

I'm a very strict and orderly person. Hope that answers all that for anyone else wondering. *Emoji moon face*

Just going to quote myself here for the why sign ups part:

Basically, instead of bogging down AT with multiple MGTD tagged threads at any given time, I've decided to go with what was done in the past and go for the smooth route. In doing this, it will give judges time to review it all at set times.

13. Oh AJ, I'm certainly glad you do revive the MGTD idea. Any initiative to increase forum quality is welcomed! Hope it will be a blast!

14. We get any prizes for this?

#nogainnopain
    #Prizesareamust
    #givewinnersseals

15. AJ your name is blue are you ok?

16. Lack of oxygen to his brain.

17. Reserve me, please.

There is no limitation on the thread regarding subject/length and such, right?

18. Nope.