Update to lowland wars: Individual signups!

Official announcements from the makers of Kingdoms at War.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Update to lowland wars: Individual signups!

Postby jstrong58 on Apr 30 2019, 1:42pm

Sourcewalker wrote:Plagued with PS scouting for actions and moles and inactives. Not a fix
jstrong58

Postby golthar on Apr 30 2019, 2:06pm

Not sure what the point of this is.

Ok, those that count on ll wars for easy ee refreshes are screwed, but this does nothing to address the rampant abuse of the system for easy war event items.

And it does so at the cost of removing the last vestiges of organized rosters.

It remains a bad format where now those looking to war seriously will have to contend with tons of actions seekers.

Would have been better to nix ll entirely.
golthar

Postby Meiska on Apr 30 2019, 4:34pm

-Xx_Jmoney628_xX- wrote:Thanks for taking away my ability to choose who I war with. Every time I've been forced to do an indi war, regardless of format, I've been stuck with inactives, alts with mains on the other side, leaks, action seekers that unload and leave, or some combination of all of these. Worst of all, the devs do nothing to prevent this or fix it. At least with clan wars, I knew and could trust the people I warred with. There was also some thought put into builds and strategies implemented. With indis, it's a mixed bag of a few who are actually trying to win and those who just care about actions. Rather than being lazy and eliminating clan wars altogether, maybe think of better ways to ensure people don't abuse the system, such as max items given not being purely action based. This is by far one of the most asinine changes you guys have made in a while.

DITTO!!!
Meiska

Postby HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT on Apr 30 2019, 6:24pm

At least a different dev screwed this one up, gives Winston a break from being the fool.
HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT
2018 ASW Champion

Postby Turtle on Apr 30 2019, 7:38pm

HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT wrote:At least a different dev screwed this one up, gives Winston a break from being the fool.

What’s the screw-up? The loud but small minority against this change, many of whom were the very ones abusing the old system, does not make this an error. Many, if not most, of the people in this thread have been very much in support of the change, myself included.
Turtle

Postby HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT on Apr 30 2019, 8:47pm

IllIllIIIlIlITUSCllIIlllllIIIl wrote:
HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT wrote:At least a different dev screwed this one up, gives Winston a break from being the fool.

What’s the screw-up? The loud but small minority
against this change, many of whom were the very ones abusing the old system, does not make this an error. Many, if not most, of the people in this thread have been very much in support of the change, myself included.

Glad you trust devs to get match up making correct, better maybe but will always have its flaws. But to take away the only war people can choose who they war with, basically ends and type of war loayalty, best part of war is warring with friends and building that comrade, not to mention for the most part eliminates the extra drama war brings, especially when losing. This “ fix” doesn’t eliminate the actual root problem, same problem plaguing war for a long time now, Alts and inactives who open up during war and the ones who get their actions and disappear. All this fix does is prolong the elimination of LL wars and makes them a crap shoot like any other system war now.
HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT
2018 ASW Champion

Postby _____________MuSaNg______IDD__ on Apr 30 2019, 10:34pm

Great changes that give more player a chance to war. Old ll war takes so much time to make a roster. Only supporting old ll war are the leeches who war when they need to update their level 5 EE spell. Most of the time old ll no war because no clan casting. If there are is a clan casting is the one person who run 3 ffa clan and watch how many clans casting to make match by not signing up on clan. Otherwise he sign up all 3 ffa clan. Most that support old LL war are those want easy win against ffa clan to get their ee spell updated. Then war again for next two weeks to update again the ee spell.
_____________MuSaNg______IDD__

Postby _MoonLightSculpture_ on May 1 2019, 2:11am

This is much better.,. support!!!
_MoonLightSculpture_

Postby -WidEspReaD_PaniC- on May 1 2019, 2:34am

-WidEspReaD_PaniC- wrote:LL wars suck. Period. Good move devs.

Next step might be to try clan wars again. Your matchmaking algorithm is far better than it was the last time we had clan wars.

Worth a shot anyway.

Oops. I misunderstood-I thought you were getting rid of LL altogether. Making LL Indi casting is cruel and unusual punishment for something that deserves a quick death. Don’t make us suffer by keeping LL around.

Eliminate LL and start up clan wars again
-WidEspReaD_PaniC-
2018 ASW Champion

Postby -Crabster- on May 1 2019, 2:45am

Perhaps a simple change like no rewards for losing team and rewards based on performance that includes plunder, ko earned and actions to the winning team may have checked the abuse that's got all of you so concerned. By making LL wars individual sign ups but still action hunters getting rewards for just scouting few times and tanking incoming fails is not a solution.
Discourage FFA clans by making them get 0 rewards if lose, that way all the serious clans will restart rostering and signing up.
-Crabster-

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements