Introducing: The Fatesands

Official announcements from the makers of Kingdoms at War.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby Bert on Mar 23 2019, 12:15pm

I tested it yesterday and got shards drops joining several EBs which were almost complete by doing a decent unload
Bert
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 24 2012, 5:24pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby Rising_Star on Mar 23 2019, 1:43pm

LMABAO wrote:Were the 80 crestplates from premium ebs or from the last tier of free ebs? Also are we getting the same amount of hits from the HF glitch or less?



All free ebs
Rising_Star
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Jul 12 2013, 4:59am

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby LMABAO on Mar 23 2019, 4:07pm

Ah okay. Thanks.
LMABAO
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Jan 20 2013, 3:10pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby -WidEspReaD_PaniC- on Mar 23 2019, 8:13pm

Bert wrote:So here's a simple idea that I think has merit as a tweak to Fatesands build shards dropping from selected EBs. Firstly, I think the idea is great as it lets players at reasonable stage of development catch up a "little" to LB players.

The fact that they are a random drop from those EBs is good, based I hope in large part on EB activity. The negative is that it actually encourages even more clan hopping than before, where one decent unload in the last stages of the EB can be rewarded with be shards drop (via artifacts).

My suggestion is that they only drop if you have been in the clan when the EB started. I hope this is not hard to code.

If you join clan after the EB has started, you get the same drop but no shards.

People already hop for the top 100 equipment and pets, so my suggestion provides a nice counterbalance to not hop and encourages a little more clan loyalty and stability.


It’s a nice idea in concept but the end result of this kind of change would be a GREATER disparity in drops. You would have all the big accounts and big spenders load up in 3-4 clans and run b2b super fast ebs while the rest of kaw languished in long ebs. No system is perfect. As I see it, devs have done a pretty darn good job as it is. Crestplate drops are game changers.
-WidEspReaD_PaniC-
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sep 19 2011, 1:52pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby llIlIChesterFieldllIll on Mar 24 2019, 7:17am

-WidEspReaD_PaniC- wrote:
Bert wrote:So here's a simple idea that I think has merit as a tweak to Fatesands build shards dropping from selected EBs. Firstly, I think the idea is great as it lets players at reasonable stage of development catch up a "little" to LB players.

The fact that they are a random drop from those EBs is good, based I hope in large part on EB activity. The negative is that it actually encourages even more clan hopping than before, where one decent unload in the last stages of the EB can be rewarded with be shards drop (via artifacts).

My suggestion is that they only drop if you have been in the clan when the EB started. I hope this is not hard to code.

If you join clan after the EB has started, you get the same drop but no shards.

People already hop for the top 100 equipment and pets, so my suggestion provides a nice counterbalance to not hop and encourages a little more clan loyalty and stability.


It’s a nice idea in concept but the end result of this kind of change would be a GREATER disparity in drops. You would have all the big accounts and big spenders load up in 3-4 clans and run b2b super fast ebs while the rest of kaw languished in long ebs. No system is perfect. As I see it, devs have done a pretty darn good job as it is. Crestplate drops are game changers.
llIlIChesterFieldllIll
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mar 8 2014, 10:26am

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby Bert on Mar 24 2019, 2:49pm

@Integration:

I don't disagree with your point - however, these super clans already exist - the top 10 (or more) LB clans and the heavy duty NK weekend clans. My point is people are jumping around a helluva lot more in ALL clans including these ones. Why - because the random shard drops are worth as much gold would take a couple of days game play.

I'm in Battlegrounds clan (Top 5 clan or better) and even there, people are jumping around now that have never jumped before. Why - because drops are random (I assume after a minimum activity level is reached) and you can get a a heap more jumping all day than staying in say Sucker Punch which would complete EBs in a very quick 2 hours or so.

It is a game changer as you say. However, the randomness of drops accompanied by the fact that you can get the drops being in the clan for only the last 5 minutes is for me not sensible nor fair, especially given the huge value of the build token shards.

Under this new model, there is no extra value (in fact less) for being loyal to a clan, and higher activity levels are in fact less important than clan hopping
Bert
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 24 2012, 5:24pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby JAX on Mar 25 2019, 5:37pm

Great event pls rerun it! ty
JAX
 
Posts: 8
Joined: May 27 2012, 12:03pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby Fluxy on Mar 26 2019, 5:59am

Bert wrote:@Integration:

I don't disagree with your point - however, these super clans already exist - the top 10 (or more) LB clans and the heavy duty NK weekend clans. My point is people are jumping around a helluva lot more in ALL clans including these ones. Why - because the random shard drops are worth as much gold would take a couple of days game play.

I'm in Battlegrounds clan (Top 5 clan or better) and even there, people are jumping around now that have never jumped before. Why - because drops are random (I assume after a minimum activity level is reached) and you can get a a heap more jumping all day than staying in say Sucker Punch which would complete EBs in a very quick 2 hours or so.

It is a game changer as you say. However, the randomness of drops accompanied by the fact that you can get the drops being in the clan for only the last 5 minutes is for me not sensible nor fair, especially given the huge value of the build token shards.

Under this new model, there is no extra value (in fact less) for being loyal to a clan, and higher activity levels are in fact less important than clan hopping


I disagree. Only getting drops if you were there at the start of the eb would only hurt growth for new players, small and mid sized players. The crestplates are meant for people to close the gap between LB players. If they implement this change it wouldn’t effect them at all and only growing players that don’t have an insane amount of gold saved up to upgrade the already ridiculously overpriced fateslands. By being allowed to clan hop it maximizes the amount of crestplates you might receive. Nobody wants to sit in a clan running goth/noth for 6 to 8 hours for 2 crestplates when they can just clan hop and spend less than a hour for the same amount. If you’re going to change the ruling to having people sit in clans for crestplates than they better make the drops guaranteed instead of random.
Fluxy
 
Posts: 21
Joined: May 4 2017, 6:23am

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby HiT__Huma__HiT on Mar 26 2019, 6:50am

Fluxy wrote:
Bert wrote:@Integration:

I don't disagree with your point - however, these super clans already exist - the top 10 (or more) LB clans and the heavy duty NK weekend clans. My point is people are jumping around a helluva lot more in ALL clans including these ones. Why - because the random shard drops are worth as much gold would take a couple of days game play.

I'm in Battlegrounds clan (Top 5 clan or better) and even there, people are jumping around now that have never jumped before. Why - because drops are random (I assume after a minimum activity level is reached) and you can get a a heap more jumping all day than staying in say Sucker Punch which would complete EBs in a very quick 2 hours or so.

It is a game changer as you say. However, the randomness of drops accompanied by the fact that you can get the drops being in the clan for only the last 5 minutes is for me not sensible nor fair, especially given the huge value of the build token shards.

Under this new model, there is no extra value (in fact less) for being loyal to a clan, and higher activity levels are in fact less important than clan hopping


I disagree. Only getting drops if you were there at the start of the eb would only hurt growth for new players, small and mid sized players. The crestplates are meant for people to close the gap between LB players. If they implement this change it wouldn’t effect them at all and only growing players that don’t have an insane amount of gold saved up to upgrade the already ridiculously overpriced fateslands. By being allowed to clan hop it maximizes the amount of crestplates you might receive. Nobody wants to sit in a clan running goth/noth for 6 to 8 hours for 2 crestplates when they can just clan hop and spend less than a hour for the same amount. If you’re going to change the ruling to having people sit in clans for crestplates than they better make the drops guaranteed instead of random.


I agree. At the end of the day it is a good way Devs have built in for smaller builds to get those drops and not spend money. It will never be 100% perfect. And as those first couple lands and buildings are completed we will see less hopping around cause the amount of building tokens goes up a fair amount.
HiT__Huma__HiT
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Jan 30 2012, 6:38pm

Re: Introducing: The Fatesands

Postby TURAlanTLE on Mar 26 2019, 7:46am

Also a big thing to help Reduce clan hopping for items to get into top 100 , would be to stop the insane amount of royal chests trading. Players could and do open 1000 chests to get into top 50
TURAlanTLE
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 16 2018, 6:07am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests