Charms Rebalance

Official announcements from the makers of Kingdoms at War.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms Rebalance

Postby quigamalathedestroyer on Feb 26 2019, 7:44am

Stacy_P wrote:
quigamalathedestroyer wrote:
-SS-Thrawn-SS- wrote:@Stacy my understanding

1. One way to view charm totals is to remove all equip, and the remaining stats under "bonuses from equipment" are supposed to be your charms stats.

2. Say you have about 8bcs raw attack. Pretty low. Your attack charm cap is based on that, and will be 4bcs attack from charms (rest of building cap is half of each other stat added up, but we'll ignore them here). You can still build up attack charms though by buying allies. So if you buy 1bcs worth of attack bfa, you have an additional 4bcs added to your overall attack charm cap, and so forth.

In short, yes cap is based on stats. 2/2/150/150b account has a build charm cap of 1/1/75/75b = 152b total, but any of those stats/charm caps can be increased by allies.

What's the point in removing equipment. The cap includes it right?

To see what your charm cs is! I asked above if they can put a charm stats on our profile as I didnt know of another way to figure it out, so Thrawn was telling me how I can see charm stats!

And I think it was said the charm cap dont include your equipment as it was already capped by only being able to equip one piece in each slot.

Can someone confirm.
quigamalathedestroyer

Postby Stacy_P on Feb 26 2019, 7:52am

quig if you look under Winston's main post on this thread, under "What actually are charms" title, I think that will answer your question!

[ATA]Winston wrote:Edit:

What actually are charms

One thing that may not have been clear, is what is considered a charm and what isn't. For the purpose of the above changes, charms are two things:
1. Quest Rewards with stats on them (generally players received these as part of the main legend and side legends)
2. Equipment that was transmuted into charms

Things that are *NOT* charms:
1. Equipment - your equipment is not capped by the charm cap, and it does not add to the charm cap
2. Furnishings - your furnishings are similar to equipment in that they are not capped by charms and don't add to the cap
Stacy_P

Postby quigamalathedestroyer on Feb 26 2019, 9:09am

Stacy_P wrote:quig if you look under Winston's main post on this thread, under "What actually are charms" title, I think that will answer your question!

[ATA]Winston wrote:Edit:

What actually are charms

One thing that may not have been clear, is what is considered a charm and what isn't. For the purpose of the above changes, charms are two things:
1. Quest Rewards with stats on them (generally players received these as part of the main legend and side legends)
2. Equipment that was transmuted into charms

Things that are *NOT* charms:
1. Equipment - your equipment is not capped by the charm cap, and it does not add to the charm cap
2. Furnishings - your furnishings are similar to equipment in that they are not capped by charms and don't add to the cap

Ty Stacy. Still think the cap includes both equip and charms
quigamalathedestroyer

Postby [ATA]Winston on Feb 26 2019, 12:14pm

It doesn't
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

Postby Flesh__of__PFKN on Feb 26 2019, 1:12pm

You suck winston. I know I posted it on ya wall and a ticket but just a reminder. Yes this a cry cry cry post. Now I'm part of the crowd that cries about 1 thing or another.
Flesh__of__PFKN
2017 ASW Champion

Postby GLR______FROZEN-HELL______GLR on Feb 26 2019, 2:44pm

It feels like everyone is maxing their cap just because everyone have too many alts

For me its more of a social app then a game with this level of exploitness ^_^

Just to be fair i think it's an amazing update to balance the game a little.. it's just the game wasn't built for people with one account
GLR______FROZEN-HELL______GLR

Postby III_MiNi-MaCk10_III on Feb 26 2019, 6:32pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:I've spent some time looking through a lot of our players build sizes, ally sizes, and charm amounts, and a lot of players aren't going to feel huge effects from this change, but some players are going to feel enormous effects.

Data has already shown that a lot of players aren't going to feel huge effects. Make sense why only this little minority is complaining so much in forums.

You exploited the game mechanics, you have to expect this to happen sooner or later. Else why would you play an online game?

It was just like the tower build exploits in the past. Yes I exploited it. But no I did not complain when it was fixed. It is expected.

Too bad if you spent too much time and effort on charms farming. Too bad if you used money to make use of the exploit to your advantage. You knew it was going to happen sooner or later. It was your choice. Take responsibility for it and don't blame ata for your actions.
III_MiNi-MaCk10_III

Postby _____________MuSaNg______IDD__ on Feb 26 2019, 10:02pm

@winston can you explain to me if BC capped @ 125 billion. Does the BFA increase caps at all sizes or it increase at different rate of any build? I’m trying to adapt to your changes but want to be clear where to focus on.
_____________MuSaNg______IDD__

Postby StealthGoat on Feb 26 2019, 10:22pm

III_MiNi-MaCk10_III wrote:
[ATA]Winston wrote:I've spent some time looking through a lot of our players build sizes, ally sizes, and charm amounts, and a lot of players aren't going to feel huge effects from this change, but some players are going to feel enormous effects.

Data has already shown that a lot of players aren't going to feel huge effects. Make sense why only this little minority is complaining so much in forums.

You exploited the game mechanics, you have to expect this to happen sooner or later. Else why would you play an online game?

It was just like the tower build exploits in the past. Yes I exploited it. But no I did not complain when it was fixed. It is expected.

Too bad if you spent too much time and effort on charms farming. Too bad if you used money to make use of the exploit to your advantage. You knew it was going to happen sooner or later. It was your choice. Take responsibility for it and don't blame ata for your actions.

Well said
StealthGoat

Postby [ATA]Winston on Feb 27 2019, 11:43am

________________MuSaNg_____IDD wrote:@winston can you explain to me if BC capped @ 125 billion. Does the BFA increase caps at all sizes or it increase at different rate of any build? I’m trying to adapt to your changes but want to be clear where to focus on.

BFA works the same way at all sizes, you get 4x of the allies stats.
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements