Aetherflood Event - Tomhasir's Choices

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Afternoon everyone!

The Aetherflood is increasing in power and Tomhasir's has been blocked by the elementals! He now requires additional aide before he can present himself again for more choices.

Today's Legend, Jan 26, requires 1000 Inferno Tokens before Tomhasir appears.
    Tomorrows Legend, Jan 27, requires 1000 Aqua Tokens before Tomhasir appears.
    Jan 28 requires 2500 Inferno Tokens before Tomhasir appears.
    Jan 29 requires 2500 Aqua Tokens before Tomhasir appears.

2. Interesting, I think it’s not needed though and you can improve on something else.

#BringBackWarEq

3. So, your mods tell us it’s because alts are exploiting the legends. Now, what if people are spending all their Prima Tokens on say Inferno Tokens, for the leaderboard rank, are those players supposed to just give up or lose out on the top 10 or the legend reward? Why not just limit the legends to non-new players?

4. But if I’m going the inferno token route mainly wouldn’t putting tokens into aqua make it harder to reach my inferno goals?

5. What if u don’t want inferno not need them..why are you forcing us to get something we do not lack...why don’t you do either or?

6. In the past these aqua/inferno events have allowed players to balance out the amount of each one they have choosing the route that suits them. This way doesn't allow players to make that choice. Also what if players have just converted and don't make 1000 tokens before tomorrow therefore loose out on their chance at a card - mainly this will affect new/smaller players putting them at a disadvantage. This is a really bad move.

7. Sounds ok to me

8. 

9. Interesting, so this will stop clans full of alts doing daily legends for their main ;)

10. Yes, and prevent legitimate non cheating alts from participating

11. Great job by devs to stop alt abuse.....those crying are those abusing......spending even 2500 on 1 resource u ain't chasing won't effect your spot on event lb.....event lb guys know this

12. Gotta side with Parsfan here, this event's rainbow boxes have contributed to a hundredfold rise in alts. You have players making 50+ alts to farm the the boxes.

Heck. One box sells for 80-100mill. How did ATA think this is a good idea? Sometimes its almost like..they don't care. :lol:

13. I have not cheated...this account was created way before this event...can’t Devs tell the difference?

14. Sorry, I mean this account...why must I pay for the sins of others?

15. Because that’s how equality works?

16. Really Moody...you call that equality? I call it PATHETIC!

17. I made 6bcs charms before this change shame I couldn’t double that number but thanks for the fun event devs

18. No, not everyone has alts. Sorry to burst your bubble, Parsfan.

19. Just a moments thought Devs...make cards untradeable?

20. Don't blame the devs good players of kaw. Obivsously, they were dropped on their head repeatedly. Then force fed lead paint chips.

I have been debating since I found out about this ridiculous change. "Oh they did it to stop exploting". Yes, I'm sure the face that the free boxes were much more popular then nob ones had no effect right? I'm also sure, they had no way at all to know this would be exploited in any way right?

Fact is this, they knew what they were doing from the start. One argument is "They don't check sales until the end of the month". Doubtful, if they have the ability to check your account & see every purchase you have made in X amount of hours at their whim. It's not a far stretch of the imagination, to believe they can monitor sales on select "Premium" items. Only to see their "Keys" were most likely not bringing in the capital they once we're.

They could have easily implimented this restriction at the start & prevented the wave of new alts. Sad fact that remains is this.

For once, they implimented a truly great thing for free to play players & tiny accounts. Now there stripping it away because there revenue has dropped. Blame alts if you want, hell blame exploits. Unless the devs truly we're eating lead based paint chips. There's 0% chance they didn't know this would happen before they actually implimented it.

Another argument is "well getting X amounts easy with the player spell". Sure that's great for getting a tier, but it requires 3 cards to get the box. How easy is it to hit the rising tiers? How is it fair to take away the choice of which path to take just to get a choice?