Introducing Castle Furnishing!

Official announcements from the makers of Kingdoms at War.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Introducing Castle Furnishing!

Postby -grizzy- on Oct 24 2017, 2:40pm

ATABruce wrote:
-grizzy- wrote:Say I have a pumpkin candle for example can I get that drop again from a chest?

You can. If you don't want a second one, you can Dismantle it and use it to level up another Furnishing item, or you can Trade it away for something else that's more valuable to you.

Thanks bruce
-grizzy-

Postby Lol_the_Mighty on Oct 24 2017, 3:30pm

I can see how the trading etc makes people engage more with this game than the usual open-unload-close of traditional pve play.

The absolute barrage of meaningless items is just too much though. Would be nice to see them given meaning through Legends. Something like getting 10 loaves, fish etc means you can put on a banquet and get rewarded with something, collect a number of different components means you can combine them to start another Legend and so on...
Lol_the_Mighty

Postby Rising_Star on Oct 24 2017, 6:49pm

This is dumb lol
Rising_Star

Postby ZE_N3x0Us_MP on Oct 24 2017, 7:13pm

Why I can't view furnishing when I view it the app crashes and it says"unfortunately KaW has stopped and I restart it and view again the furnishing but its not working.. My Kaw is already updated but doesn't work
ZE_N3x0Us_MP

Postby ZE_N3x0Us_MP on Oct 24 2017, 7:14pm

Why I can't view furnishing when I view it the app crashes and it says"unfortunately KaW has stopped and I restart it and view again the furnishing but its not working.. My Kaw is already updated but doesn't work
ZE_N3x0Us_MP

Postby Inglorious_Saberwulf on Oct 25 2017, 2:00am

The pic on the original post reminds me of Civ 2 Throne Room
Inglorious_Saberwulf
2016 ASW Champion

Postby PHILTHIEST1 on Oct 25 2017, 2:40am

Sad. I wrote more but then thought whats the point?
PHILTHIEST1

Postby B2B-Stephan-B2B on Oct 25 2017, 5:56am

Another useless money making scheme... Really this game is all bout money now.. Getting bored with this game...
B2B-Stephan-B2B

Postby BaconTodd_StatlessAlt on Oct 25 2017, 6:01am

B2B-Stephan-B2B wrote:Another useless money making scheme... Really this game is all bout money now.. Getting bored with this game...

Ehmmmm ...since when was this game ever not about making money?? They started ATA for altruistic reasons?? ATA is a non-profit? ...Can IMF write off KAW on taxes??
BaconTodd_StatlessAlt

Postby LordSavan on Oct 25 2017, 9:05am

ATABruce wrote:
Cyclops wrote:So charms and furnishings essentially allow spenders to grow bigger while unable to be stripped,thus decreasing pup in a war game. the cost of furnishings is "irrelevant" because they can be found in daily chest, we all know this is a joke because now you have people paying 10ec a premium chest to try find the right equipment or unbox multiple furnishings while maintaining the profits from seals and circles for chests, hunt charms and eq. In conclusion your money hungry game destroyers with no respect for what kaw once was.

P.s Not mad just very disappointed

Charms and Furnishings are supplementary to your Kingdom and in no way "decrease pvp." If anything, they introduce more dynamics alongside the Trading feature. Not every form of power in the game needs to be strippable.

Also important to remember that this is a free-to-play game. Furnishings can be acquired from daily free boxes and through Trading. Furnishings can also be purchased. Of course the latter will be faster, because the players that choose to support this game with their hard earned money deserve to be rewarded for it, but the balance between them is important and we'll be keeping a close eye on it to make sure it's fair.

_Sinan_ wrote:Even if this  was free....it's still so lame I just can't adequately express how dumb it is. It just adds clutter to an already over cluttered profile screen and doesn't mesh at all well with the game overall.

Yes devs hate pvp....yes this is another attempt to try and quash pvp. Probably won't be as successful killing pvp as events are but it's a nice try. Devs hate pvp because they see players rage quit and don't like losing those customers.

A large percentage of the player base hates this because they do want more pvp, not less. So I ask ATA this...has more revenue been lost from pvp rage quit or game change rage quit? I think it has been more of the latter and by a lot. But devs are too dumb to realize it.

Could devs at least move it out of the way to a secret hiding spot in the mage or something? Just having to look at it in profile pisses me off.

The future of PVP in this game is not going to be solved in this thread. This game was built on PVP and it is fundamental to its success. Changes to PVP thus far have often been met with exploitation and lack of participation. That doesn't mean it's not solvable, but the notion that we're not focusing on PVP because we don't like it is false.

oG-KinGstyleZ wrote:Literally a useless update , the charm/ trading interface could’ve been improved along with so many other things that been asked for in forums hundreds of times yet u add this 

Still on the list. This feature does not mean we are done with Trading.

Ecstasy wrote:Bruce, I hope the team takes something from the collective angst on this thread towards furnishing. Was it really needed? Nope. Uncalled for feature that shouldn't have been a priority.

There's a myriad of issues that needs to be fixed and prioritised to ensure your player base doesn't quit out of frustration.

1. The Lowland war system needs an update. Ever since war rewards have been taken out participation has died down. There's barely one serious clan doing LL these days. The rest are FFA clans that exploit the free 300 items for doing 60 actions. The war system is essentially dead. I cannot highlight enough how important a decent war system is. You're losing an entire chunk of the community that likes system wars.

Lowland wars always had low participation. We are open to trying new things with war, but every change has always been met with low participation (and by that I do not mean that every change eventually results in low participation, I mean not that many people even try them). That is why it has not been prioritized.

Ecstasy wrote:2. PvP? Players have been asking for better incentives to PvP for ages. This is a war game after all.

Ecstasy wrote:3. Trading: The current UI/UX is horrendous. It takes me a long time to scroll through 500 charms to find a single charm to trade. It needs some sort of search feature and an UI update.

Not done with Trading. We will be addressing this!

Ecstasy wrote:4. Showcases: The point behind a showcase is to display your best charms. It baffles me why there is no auto sorting filter for your charms or a manual drag'n drop sort feature.

The Showcase is for displaying all your rewards and also represents your activity over time. It is currently sorted by recency, which means the rewards you have acquired last sit on top. While I still think this is important, I'm open to adding more options here.

Well thank you for finally admitting that you are not prioritizing PvP or ee war, since they don't make you money. That's fair, just sad to see that the war in kingdoms at war is gone for good. It was alot of fun while it lasted, thanks for the memories.
LordSavan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements