Introducing Trading!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Caster, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Rogue point to the doll where did MuSaNg touch you?

2. Lmao....sally tryin to spank me lolololololololololol

3. Take your finger out of that bloody hole sally and it might heal!

4. Equipment should LOSE ALL ENCHANTMENT when traded.

They can at least work for something

5. Cmon sally, I thought you were going to love me, I'm sad.

6. You can only trade charms from your showcase if I'm right, equipment that hasn't been transmuted can't be traded!

So you don't really get equipment from trading, only charms.

7. I get 10% EQ stats for more BFE.
    Yes its still EQ just in a different use.

8. If anyone has extra charms feel free to follow me and bless.

9. I agree with Mustang that there is a bigger picture and reason for trading and it will appear in the near future.

10. Alright, so in all honesty this is pretty much welcome to an entire new era of people paying to win in a whole new way.

It's already all over WC. People are paying for Netherkings to get items from people.

Might as well just make buying accounts legal now since people can just buy all the static equip off accounts legally now.

11. Did the update so I can trade if desired but hate the change to the inbox format....can you put it back the way it was? Without the conversation bubbles please?

12. Worst idea EVER.

13. Ironic that a game entirely predicated on mechanics has just sodomised the mechanics. Go figure. Don’t know why I’m surprised...

14. Hey updates out... where is this?

15. True but KaW is far removed from warring or pvp.
    WAS predicated applies to today. EB event chasing is in vogue.
    When ASW for only the top 10k is all a year has to offer for war says it all.
    All one need do is see how easy top 500 war is achieved.
    PvP is find a farm that are aplenty.
    Attack Pots r now useless once a build reaches a certain cs.
    I've no att/spy att pots cuz only a drag on unload speed.

The monotony of b2b events ad nauseum does not entice war nor pvp nor OSW.
    It only is a keep up with the Jones lemming mentality.

16. Pretty solid joke tbh.

The idea that a player could 3x (or more) their BFE is a bit of a boogeyman for a couple of reasons. It's important to remember that while in theory this system allows any given player to transfer an infinite number of stat items to a single account for unlimited power, everyone is constrained by the number of tradable stat items on their alts as well as the willingness of other players to trade their items away. Both of those add significant friction to the act of stacking Charm/Item stats. Another important factor is that Transmutation significantly reduces the stat value of equipment, which means that even with stacking, Charm/Item stats serve as a supplementary stat gain to BFE. For reference, top BFE players hold about 15-22% of their static stats in Charms/Items. While not insignificant, I think that's a pretty healthy relationship that favours BFE while allowing players to leverage their past activity to supplement their stats through Transmutation and Trade.

The current plan is to update the aesthetic of the entire game piece by piece as we make changes or add features. So absolutely agree that there is a visual disconnect between the old and the new, but it makes more sense to make parts of the game look better as we update them. Also the navigation to the Transmute page was intended to be obscured because otherwise there would have been loads of players experimenting with transmutation and accidentally Charming their favourite equips (also because it made for a really interesting roll out!). We will likely change the way you access Transmutation in the future.

Response to Aussie above addresses some of this, but with respect to War matchups we'll be keeping a close eye on the plunder differentials and make sure those stay sane. So far they haven't changed, which is a fairly reliable indication that Trading has not impacted match quality.

Man Faust, what you're describing here sounds really interesting and maybe even fun? The ally market isn't what it used to be. It lacks a level of dynamism that resulted from massive influxes of new players every single day, with many progressing to become valuable allies. KaW still gets new players but not at the scale that it did in its prime, which has lead to a more stagnant ally market. Our goal isn't to undermine the value of allies, but introducing Trade adds a new method of power transfer that we hope will lead to interesting encounters just like this. Remember that this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. If another clan decides to consolidate stat items on a single account how will you respond? Stack Charms onto one of your own accounts and have a battle of the giants? Farm their clanmates that just dropped their static stats? There are a bunch of war game scenarios that can emerge from this and we'll be keeping a close eye on how that plays out.

BFA still provides a significant advantage and importantly will continue to grow as players upgrade their buildings. Also note that the relationship between BFA, BFE, and static will fluctuate based on the land/building and new equipment releases, which do not increase at the same rate.

Yeah took me a while but I got one for ya.

17. To stop misuse ppl should open bid on equip like ally market

18. Is seriously nobody complaining about the fact that PC users are being left waaaaay behind with EVERYTHING?

19. PC needs to be removed for the longevity of kaw anyway. I would wager 99% of the cheating is done on PC's, and that cheating has killed osw, ee wars, and kaws overall enjoyment for many, many players.

20. Cheating can be done without PC access.
    I used to spend on my alts but now I longer do because I can't even get legend rewards  I'm sure many others feel the same way. Devs loss.