Personal Information Policy

Official announcements from the makers of Kingdoms at War.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby IIIII__BLACKFANDO__IIIII on Apr 7 2014, 9:29pm

Hello, my name is Damo and i'm an alcoholic....

Oooops wrong forums!
IIIII__BLACKFANDO__IIIII
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Dec 31 2010, 10:10am

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby --inyourface-- on Apr 7 2014, 10:41pm

There are some little pervs on kaw. One asked me 'hi sexy what you wearing.. Do you want some dirty talk' .. Really!!! Jerk..seriously on an online war game that's pretty sad.
--inyourface--
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 5 2013, 1:23pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby IIlllIl-WarriorKing-lIlIIll on Apr 8 2014, 5:12am

Mistake less is best
IIlllIl-WarriorKing-lIlIIll
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Feb 11 2012, 7:26pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby DennyCrane_in_BaconPants on Apr 8 2014, 5:42am

North americans, so afraid of words.

Restrictions restrictions. Political correctness and what have we not. So afraid of everything.

Have you totally lost it ?

The social aspect is a huge part of kaw, without it most of us would have quit within a week.
You've failed to give us one wc for all, treating europeans as outcasts, and now these lame restrictions ?

You have banned all sorts of words, and now you want to limit my freedom of speech further ?
Why ? we already have all sorts of options to block peeps.

Is this an Apple game ? i feel trapped, suffocated.

You guys would be blown away, were you ever to visit Scandinavia. We speak our minds, well aware that words won't kill ya. If we disagree, we simply open our mouths and retort.

Who the hell are you to decide what i am to say or not say.
DennyCrane_in_BaconPants
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 8 2012, 6:08pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby S3CRE7SQU1R83I on Apr 8 2014, 6:05am

From a parent of kids old enough to play this game (but who i would not let play this game), there is no way that children shoukd be in any way mis-intererpreting what devs are trying to say here.

Just because devs allow you to publicise your first name, gender, country etc does not mean you should. Indeed, publicising some of these goes against guideline that i see issued by schools and law enforcment agencies.

Kids will slip up from time to time. This appears to encourage kids to go closer to, if not cross the line of what is safe and wise to divulge online. That only makes it easier for the untoward element of society that we must be alert for.
S3CRE7SQU1R83I
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sep 30 2012, 8:41pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby Nathan_WINNING on Apr 8 2014, 6:57am

What the hell is wrong with saying what country I'm from? ^^
Nathan_WINNING
 
Posts: 11540
Joined: Nov 30 2012, 5:29am

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby [ATA]Grant on Apr 8 2014, 9:37am

DennyCrane_in_BaconPants wrote:North americans, so afraid of words.

Restrictions restrictions. Political correctness and what have we not. So afraid of everything.

Have you totally lost it ?

The social aspect is a huge part of kaw, without it most of us would have quit within a week.
You've failed to give us one wc for all, treating europeans as outcasts, and now these lame restrictions ?

You have banned all sorts of words, and now you want to limit my freedom of speech further ?
Why ? we already have all sorts of options to block peeps.

Is this an Apple game ? i feel trapped, suffocated.

You guys would be blown away, were you ever to visit Scandinavia. We speak our minds, well aware that words won't kill ya. If we disagree, we simply open our mouths and retort.

Who the hell are you to decide what i am to say or not say.


These rules are being updated to allow players to communicate more openly. We're not actually taking anything away but opening chat up by allowing a few more things to be shared.

S3CRE7SQU1R83I wrote:From a parent of kids old enough to play this game (but who i would not let play this game), there is no way that children shoukd be in any way mis-intererpreting what devs are trying to say here.

Just because devs allow you to publicise your first name, gender, country etc does not mean you should. Indeed, publicising some of these goes against guideline that i see issued by schools and law enforcment agencies.

Kids will slip up from time to time. This appears to encourage kids to go closer to, if not cross the line of what is safe and wise to divulge online. That only makes it easier for the untoward element of society that we must be alert for.


As you've mentioned, these policies aren't there to encourage people to openly share their personal information. As always, we discourage people from sharing personal information unless necessary, but we don't feel that penalizing them for doing so (with the information mentioned in the original post) is the right way to go.

Devil_Devastation wrote:What the hell is wrong with saying what country I'm from? ^^


You're allowed to say what Country you're from :)
[ATA]Grant
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Dec 9 2013, 4:03pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby slayerbob on Apr 8 2014, 9:40am

Soooo,
Can we ask those specifics directly now?

I.E
Hi, what is your... First name, Gernder, Country Location, etc...
Bob who slays things
Elected Forum President of April 2012
Modern Day Kaw Handbook
slayerbob
 
Posts: 10175
Joined: Nov 27 2009, 10:08am
Location: The KaW site/app

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby -WillyTheDeuce- on Apr 8 2014, 9:52am

Image
-WillyTheDeuce-
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: May 8 2011, 6:34pm

Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Postby IlI_xXBlackHandXTREMEXx_llI on Apr 8 2014, 10:09am

Can I give out my phone number?
IlI_xXBlackHandXTREMEXx_llI
 
Posts: 13268
Joined: Dec 31 2010, 7:03am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests