Personal Information Policy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Effective today we’re going to be rolling out a few changes to the Personal Information Policy for Kingdoms at War. These changes apply to the forums and public channels (world chat, walls, status messages, descriptions, etc). Clan Chat will remain unmoderated.

These rules apply solely to what information YOU choose to share. Soliciting (asking for) this information from others is not allowed through public channels. You also may not solicit chat using this information (Eg: "I'm a girl, talk to me").

What is allowed:
    - First Name
    - State/Province/Country
    - Personal Photos

What is not allowed:
    - City, Specific Address, School, Workplace
    - Phone Number
    - Third Party Contact Information (Email, Twitter, Facebook, etc)

Please note that these are general guidelines, and any action taken is at the discretion of the moderators.

Note: These changes are intended to make chatting easier, and more intuitive for players. Having said that, we still encourage everyone to follow safe internet practices and avoid disclosing personal information.

2. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

I'm just saying.. If you played kaw for at least a month you probably have have out all of those at least once... So thanks for not making it against tou.

3. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Cool age is allowed

4. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

So just to clear this up... If a little perv runs around WC saying "Girls want to chat?" He can be silenced, correct?

5. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Hey KaW Community so to clarify we are not allowed to direct someone to view a post on your public KaW Facebook page right?

Also why are people being silenced for "violations" if these new rules that happened before these new rules were posted?

6. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Cool! This makes a lot of sense! 

And I'm sure this will also make things easier for everyone.

7. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

That is correct. These rules apply to information you personally choose to disclose. As Kingdoms at War is not a dating app, messages such as "girls want to chat?" can result in a silence.

You're always allowed to share links to official Kingdoms at War pages, forum posts, and social media accounts. These rules apply to personal third-party services such as your own or other players' Facebook, twitter, etc. This is to help keep everyone safe.

As well, these changes only apply from this point forward. Past violations will remain as they were issued.

8. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Finally some good changes!  Thx devs! ️

9. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Oh this makes sense now. So saying "19/M/Canada, hmu" is allowed. But asking for girls/boys etc isn't

10. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

What was allowed before this change?

11. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Sweet... Release the noobs! I want to see silences!!!

12. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

"Hmu" is still soliciting chat.

13. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

I can't honestly see how allowing this information in the public channels enhances the game in anyway.

In fact I can't see how allowing these things provides any form of protection to anyone.
    Now the pervs can openly pretend to be younger than they are to lure in kids.

Way to go devs.

14. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

As mentioned in the initial post, sharing this information with the purpose of soliciting chat isn't allowed. This means that posts like "19?M/Canada, hmu" aren't allowed. We want to allow players to have normal discussions and not punish them when this information comes out through normal means, but want to remind everyone that Kingdoms at War is not a dating app.

15. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

As if these mods were bad enough already at controlling world chat...

This is going to be good
    [​IMG]

16. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Aah does this count for PMS? Or is it for just public information places in general?

17. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

What about last name

18. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Am I still allowed to solicit chat by telling them that I like kaw?

19. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

What if a girl ask "any girl wanna chat" ?

20. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

These policies only apply to public channels. Private Messages are unmoderated.

Last name is not allowed.

Regardless of gender, soliciting chat like this based on age/gender is not permitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.