Personal Information Policy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Hello, my name is Damo and i'm an alcoholic....

Oooops wrong forums!

2. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

There are some little pervs on kaw. One asked me 'hi sexy what you wearing.. Do you want some dirty talk' .. Really!!! Jerk..seriously on an online war game that's pretty sad.

3. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Mistake less is best

4. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

North americans, so afraid of words.

Restrictions restrictions. Political correctness and what have we not. So afraid of everything.

Have you totally lost it ?

The social aspect is a huge part of kaw, without it most of us would have quit within a week.
    You've failed to give us one wc for all, treating europeans as outcasts, and now these lame restrictions ?

You have banned all sorts of words, and now you want to limit my freedom of speech further ?
    Why ? we already have all sorts of options to block peeps.

Is this an Apple game ? i feel trapped, suffocated.

You guys would be blown away, were you ever to visit Scandinavia. We speak our minds, well aware that words won't kill ya. If we disagree, we simply open our mouths and retort.

Who the hell are you to decide what i am to say or not say.

5. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

From a parent of kids old enough to play this game (but who i would not let play this game), there is no way that children shoukd be in any way mis-intererpreting what devs are trying to say here.

Just because devs allow you to publicise your first name, gender, country etc does not mean you should. Indeed, publicising some of these goes against guideline that i see issued by schools and law enforcment agencies.

Kids will slip up from time to time. This appears to encourage kids to go closer to, if not cross the line of what is safe and wise to divulge online. That only makes it easier for the untoward element of society that we must be alert for.

6. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

What the hell is wrong with saying what country I'm from? ^^

7. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

These rules are being updated to allow players to communicate more openly. We're not actually taking anything away but opening chat up by allowing a few more things to be shared.

As you've mentioned, these policies aren't there to encourage people to openly share their personal information. As always, we discourage people from sharing personal information unless necessary, but we don't feel that penalizing them for doing so (with the information mentioned in the original post) is the right way to go.

You're allowed to say what Country you're from :)

8. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Soooo,
    Can we ask those specifics directly now?

I.E
    Hi, what is your... First name, Gernder, Country Location, etc...

9. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

[​IMG]

10. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Can I give out my phone number?

11. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

What About your silcenses before this change, for giving out that personal info, are we all getting clean records for that 

12. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

so if u see someone u know in wc u cant say... whats up (place name here),how u been buddy,hmu when u get a chance.... or u get slienced for solicitation?

13. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Implement a system for good behaviour and get your number of silences reduced

14. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

This really sounds like ATA is honey potting for people to give out this information with the intent to solicit chat. Why would someone give any personal information in WC without the intent to have someone friend them? This stinks of a trap.

We all know how bad PIMD's relaxed silencing rules have panned out. 

15. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

16. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Wow, once again the devs roll out more frivolous and pointless nonsense. How about working on the other features you told us was coming? Maybe even give the war clans the all Star Wars you've been putting off to run these crazy events.

17. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Support Good cause :)

18. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

As one that takes data protection very seriously for me it's a step in the right direction and well done to the ATA team for implementing and clarifying such.

However the purchasing of accounts still very much needs to be taken up and addressed. I think its time for an open and honest assessment of such which can only protect both parties for the better and lessening the risk of abuse.

19. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

Is it me, or is the only real change here the fact you can give out your age?

There have already been picture threads of players. Telling people what state you are from has never been a issue. I could go on, but I would just be stating the obvious.

Is all that I see happening is confirmation that things that already happen are acceptable.

If this something you would find unacceptable, you have the power to not spend money. People should be more aware of who they give their monies too. If you find a policy or practices by people who provide services or products, in a legally manner, unacceptable to you. You don't give them your money. That's the power of personal choice. Don't be scared to exercise that right. It's one of the few you have.

None of the above is meant to undermine KaW or it's creators. It was just a quick thought. I neither agree or disagree with how they decide to run their game/s.

20. Re: Personal Information Policy Changes

can we not rp anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.