KAW Roadmap Update - January 27th

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Kingdoms at War forumers,

Here is a glimpse at what we are working on for Kingdoms at War. Note that we are not ready to provide specific dates, as we want to ensure that the level of quality is extremely high when we do release.

About content and features.
    We have two production streams on KAW. The first is a content stream. Content includes things like, new Epic Battles, live events (fang/moth), new lands and units, wars, new equipment and now banners. We can do this without interrupting our development resources that are working on bug fixes and new features.

The second stream of production is the development stream. These are tasks that involve new features, interface changes and bug fixes.

Many people have expressed frustration that we focus on content and not features. As you can see, they are 2 separate streams, and work on one does not stop work on the other.

What we are working on:

Upcoming Content
    - More Bone Dragon Epic Battles and equipment
    - New types of Banners (Including ones for Spies!)
    - Spring Hunt Event
    - Equipment drops for new players

Upcoming Features
    - War Rewards, given out after the war rather than the end of the Season.
    - Changes to EE Wars
    - Improved PVP system and rewards
    - Login Rewards and better early player experience
    - Bug fixes

War Crystals
    We devoted a significant amount of time trying to get War Crystals ready for Season 3. However, we discovered that we won’t be able to implement them. We did not make this announcement before Season 3 as we had hoped to have another solution in place. We’re sorry that we didn’t have it ready in time and did not make the announcement sooner.

Our new solution is to build a flexible reward structure that allows us to drop rewards at the end of a war. It means not only can we offset the costs of wars, but we can also have new rewards for Wars that aren’t tied directly to a season.

EE Wars
    We’ve continued to iterate on the war system since Season 1. We made a lot of changes between Season 2 and 3 and we’ll be doing the following between Season 3 and Season 4:

- Improvements to the matchup algorithm
    - More rewards (including a way to make wars less costly for players)
    - More roster sizes
    - More war KO types
    - More war lengths and configurations

RESPONSES IN THE THREAD FROM kaw_admin

Asked about clan ehancements:
    It's on the longterm roadmap, meaning we aren't currently working on them but we plan to work on them in the future.

Asked about PVP rewards:
    Without hinting at too much, we plan to make the system much more flexible, so we can try out more iterations. We plan to set up the system such that it could drop everything from health crystals to specific items (not saying it will drop health crystals, but we could in theory). We will have to create a way to limit players from exploiting this, and we have had some really great ideas in the forums and from players sending in feedback on how we can achieve this. We want to do it this way so we can work with the community on the iterations to find the best system going forward. It's going to be hard, but I think we can do it together.

What about Tier 6 LVL 4 and 5?
    Based on the data that we have about active player progression, we don't feel the game is ready for this update. We'll continue to monitor player progression and keep the community posted about when we plan to release.

2. So, to make it clear, there's no way you could ever implement war crystals?

3. Vasillas, the OP said that war xstals won't be ready for Season 3 of Estoc Wars. They are putting that in the back burner for more pressing matters (like matchmaking, and PvP rewards).

4. What about updated clan features I remember seeing that on upcoming features.

5. Yay looking forward to it

6. Wow, sounds like some good things are on their way to KaW! :)

7. What about new clan positions? You didn't mention anything about that. It honestly doesn't matter to me but I'm jut curious of why they will be

8. PvP updates?! <3

9. Yeah I like the pvp things but I do kinda wanna know about the clan positions or upgrades

10. Login rewards! PvP update!

WOOOHOOOO!

11. What about clan banks / clan update? You announced that in one of your previous threads.

12. Admin- what rewards are you looking into for pvp? This had been hinted at for a while with no explanation. I understand you don't want to commit to anything as your still developing ideas but could you atleast let us know what ideas your playing with please? The EB and E war community should be amply satisfied, let's get on board with giving the OS pvp faction a bone now and then ️

13. I agree, what about the improved clan abilities/options/content?

14. What was actually said:
    "We don't give two craps that Season 3 sucks! We've got new EB features and Gold Pits to develop! Piss off the rest of you that ever played and supported KaW in its raw form! Hahahaha!"

15. Ya I agree MaChine, seems like anyone posts an EB question on one of these admin threads it gets a quick response. You post anything about off system pvp rewards it gets ignored  yay for EB improvements I guess 

16. Thanks for the update.

What about Tier 6 LVL 4 and 5? and the clan banking system?

17. What about the new clan features?

18. Okay, just so that there is no confusion or fuss or anything of the sort here.

1) Does that quote mean or include off-system PvP?

2)If so or even if not, what is the rank of priority that improvements to off system PvP have?

3)I know, as developers, it may be frustrating for you to see myself and several others scream at you guys for improvements to off-system pvp. So, to better explain, we are not looking for reasons ourselves to hit battle list or osw, we are fishing for more people to involve them self in off system pvp. So as it stands, other than EE, no one finds the worth of it due to low payout and no added benifits. Therefore it become difficult to get any return fire.

We have waited as patiently as possible for this update and then see Epic Battles or EE get something nice, and we get shoved back again.

Not asking for a time line, also not interested on a "working on it" "as soon as possible" or any other timeless responses that hold no worth to the level of priority you have over this change.

I, as well as many of us here in forums and kaw, want to know where in this roadmap does off system pvp come up?

19. Just curious if the clan structure system is still on your list and perhaps just behind everything else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.